How ready are you?

No, we are not looking for a 4th writer.

Then don't complain about not having time to work on the site. If you're content having three writers, then those three writers need to step up.

Lol where did I ever complain? I just said that we are lacking when it comes to TFN: Games content. I was making a statement, not a complaint. There is a difference. ;)

Anyways, I do other work for TFN besides games, I type articles/editorials about the Star Wars movies PT and OT some serious and some humerous.

I'm also a Public Relations Associate for TFN.

Then don't complain about not having time to work on the site. If you're content having three writers, then those three writers need to step up.

Lol where did I ever complain? I just said that we are lacking when it comes to TFN: Games content. I was making a statement, not a complaint. There is a difference. ;)

Anyways, I do other work for TFN besides games, I type articles/editorials about the Star Wars movies PT and OT some serious and some humerous.

that post didnt really help you with public relations, no offence. you try to make TFN seem perfect and sort of full of themselves.

that post didnt really help you with public relations, no offence. you try to make TFN seem perfect and sort of full of themselves.

I'm gonna have to agree with Raven on this one.

Tyrell, I don't know if you realize it, but you come across as condescending. Just in this thread alone, Enderwiggin has only asked questions/made comments/offered help, but your responses have been on the condescending/sarcastic side.

If you really are in public relations, I think you should crack open that old textbook and read up.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hell no! TFN is far from perfect. Yes TFN is the #1 SW fansite on the net. Yes at times TFN is equal to SW.com when it comes to hits/visits, but TFN isn't perfect.

I work for the place but yet there is many things I dislike about it. Like the fact that we aren't hiring for new writers for TFN: Games. I just talked to Josh (Owner of TFN/Founder of IGN: FilmForce) and he said that at the time we aren't hiring for TFN: Games. I just tried to get EnderWiggin a job there but we aren't hiring. I ask myself the question....why not? I mean the more the better. Are are behind in content as it is. But what can I do? I have no authority. :(

If it was up to me, I would have 8-10 people working on TFN: Games. Rather then just three.

There is other things to besides TFN: Games that needs work on but I'm just too lazy to talk about it now. ;)

If you want to talk more about it, my AIM name is Tyrell1011 we can chat there.

But no, TFN isn't perfect.

Hell no! TFN is far from perfect. Yes TFN is the #1 SW fansite on the net. Yes at times TFN is equal to SW.com when it comes to hits/visits, but TFN isn't perfect.

I work for the place but yet there is many things I dislike about it. Like the fact that we aren't hiring for new writers for TFN: Games. I just talked to Josh (Owner of TFN/Founder of IGN: FilmForce) and he said that at the time we aren't hiring for TFN: Games. I just tried to get EnderWiggin a job there but we aren't hiring. I ask myself the question....why not? I mean the more the better. Are are behind in content as it is. But what can I do? I have no authority. ;)

If it was up to me, I would have 8-10 people working on TFN: Games. Rather then just three.

There is other things to besides TFN: Games that needs work on but I'm just too lazy to talk about it now. ;)

If you want to talk more about it, my AIM name is Tyrell1011 we can chat there.

But no, TFN isn't perfect.

telling people your site is messed up doesnt help either. maybe you need a new job instead of public relations :(

I'm gonna have to agree with Raven on this one.

Tyrell, I don't know if you realize it, but you come across as condescending. Just in this thread alone, Enderwiggin has only asked questions/made comments/offered help, but your responses have been on the condescending/sarcastic side.

If you really are in public relations, I think you should crack open that old textbook and read up.

Oh and I'm not a real-life PR person. To be that you'll have to goto school for that and I'm only well going into my sophmore year at Kansas University.

I can do PR only cause I've been working for gaming sites since I was 13 years old and basiclly sat back and watched how others around me handled PR. Aspects such as getting contacts, setting up a demographic, conducting interviews etc....I learned that by just working with them. Now that I'm 18 I can do it quite well for a person who has no schooling in this type of field.

I'm just doing this for pure fun. I don't get paid for this, I'm just a die-hard SW fan that wants to be apart of something special and TFN is something special to me.

Okay folks.  I think we have picked on Tyrell long enough.  Lets get back on topic. 

I am ready to not get this game.  :p

Lol and you call that picking on me? Lol, if that was picking on me it was an awful job.....

But you guys did try so I give you all a D+ for effort. Low grade, but it is still pasing. :D

if ya want me to 'pick on you', just ask and ill start talking about multiple uses for a spoon and a pair of skis

Okay folks. I think we have picked on Tyrell long enough. Lets get back on topic.

I am ready to not get this game. :)

He's more fun to pick on than you because you only say the same thing over and over :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tyrell,

I had no clue you were only 18.

Here's my advice. Don't respond so quickly to things. You have a tendency to have an emotional response right away. Often, later in threads you come across as being much more diplomatic.

I know you've tried quite a bit to refine how you are seen on this forum. I've noticed how you've changed tone. However, if you snap at people, that doesn't help things.

If you want to do PR for TheForce.net, then let people know about the hordes and hordes of content the site provides. It speaks for itself. TheForce.net has an incredible abundance of information, and few sites are like it. When you posted some sample content from the "Just the Facts" section, people were impressed. Don't try too hard. The site does sell itself.

On a side note, frankly, when you said that the three people working in the games section were all busy with other matters, it came across as a complaint. That may not have been your intent, but that's how I read it.

I understand the demands of balancing real life with other projects. I have had a tendency to take on too much over the years. I appreciate you putting in a word for me. If you guys do eventually need staff, I'm a generic film-geek just as much as a I am a Star Wars geek. I'd happily write for FilmForce. I already make it a daily habit to hit all the regular sites like FilmForce, AintItCool, NewsAskew, SuperHeroHype, Cinescape, etc.

If you guys would like, I could throw together a review or something to let you see my writing style. If not, then I'll content myself with harrassing people on the forum in my free time.

... or prolong it.

In retrospect, this topic was pretty pointless. Five pages? How? I thought it would get three responses, and I'd be happy.

Apparently, the less fundamentally important a topic is, the more responses it'll get. Any fundamentally creative suggestion's I've ever thought up get a luke-warm response, but this gets the pat on the back of everyone, and a consequent flame war. Wow. I'm flattered. this was a very controversial, inspiring topic.

I'll have to put this theory to the test.

How many pages of, "We need robes," with arguments and counterpoints have their been in Bioware forums, and compare that to... I dunno, any gameplay suggestion made. Most are lucky to get five pages, usually just about three before dying...

I think I'm on to something.