Picking Sides

Why should I be forced to "help save the Republic". What if I want to join the Sith? Even if you do it covertly I still think you should get the chance in the game to join the Sith like having some guy walk up to you or ecountering a Sith. Just a little annoyance I had from the first game. :unsure:

Why should I be forced to "help save the Republic". What if I want to join the Sith? Even if you do it covertly I still think you should get the chance in the game to join the Sith like having some guy walk up to you or ecountering a Sith. Just a little annoyance I had from the first game. :unsure:

That is a limitation, its impossible to allow players complete freedom in the end and naturaly there always have to be some limit.

A lot of people wanted to take over Korriban Sith Academy but lets look at that situation.

First those "Sith" were Malak Sith and he was the one that had final saying over it, as we know he could not afford to allow Revan to live because his presence alone undermined his position, so chances of Revan being allowed to run a key instalation is zero, Malak would never allow it.

Reason of why Revan could never join those Sith was because Malak would never allow it, only way was to kill Malak.

Now you cannot just "join the Sith and be good", perhaps as a low ranking member they can get away from some things but at higher levels they make damn sure people are true, in order to join the Admiral had to destroy Carth homeworld .

Force users get worst because they are put in a situation were they have to call the darkside and KotOR handled the dark side powers very badly ... the more they are used the more corrupted the person becames and those tests puts then in a situation were they cannot turn back.

Ultimate freedom is impossible and also unrealistic, people dont have then in the real world.

drakron.png

There is only one side I want to pick.  Mine.  Both the Jedi and the Sith can sit on pig stickers as far as I care.

Then go make a game where you can be your side.

:rolleyes:

And some people say I am a troll.

Hades_one have a point, why Revan could not "to the hell with the Jedi Order, I may have to destroy this thing but I will never go back to then after what they have done".

We start with a character that was thrown out, even if he have to destroy the Sith Lords he might dislike the Jedi Order (with good reason) and wish to not be a part of it.

I dont consider that to be a problem with the narrative, we already start as a force user and so why must we go back to the Jedi Order, I presume looking at the prestigue classes name we are stuck with going back to the Order (or go Sith) with is another restriction and one I really dont understand.

drakron.png

That was a beef of mine with the first game.

If you played DS, and killed Malak, then you should turn on the Republic, destroy their fleet and walk away with the Leviathan and the Star Forge.

I hope the villians in KOTOR:TSL appeal to both LS and DS plotllines.

There is only one side I want to pick.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

That's good, I would have liked that option to be avalable. It could have been done as a dialogue option at the end.

Vandar: "Redemed yourself you have. Welcome back into the Jedi Order you are."

Revan: "Stuff your Jedi order. You failed to act until it was to late then you messed around with my head. You are nothing but a bunch of petty minded tradition bound hypocrities!"

Jolee: "Good for you boy. I've wanted to say that for a long time".

That is the exact ending I wanted. My first character was dark side, but the way he saw it he wanted nothing to do with the Sith. He didn't want to command armies, conquer worlds, or any of that bullsh*t. He wanted to kill Malak then bug off somewhere to be alone for a couple of decades. He had no qualms killing Bastilla either. She was in his way, so slicy slicy.

If I could I would tell the Jedis to stuff it and kill Vander right there and leave.

Vander was a Yoda wannabe and could easily been taken down. After all he is killed if you do take over the Star Forge and Vrook was already dead from the attack on Dantoinne.

I dunno, if all the Whill can amplify their combat skills via the force like Yoda could...I could see it being a very close fight, if not all out slaughterfest on Vandar's part. Plus, bigger is definitely not better as far as combat goes....the hit zone alone on a Whill should tell you that. B)