European Football Championship 2004

mkreku

Now THAT was weird. The world's best national football team lost to Greece?! Ok, I've seen Greece play and they have great defenders, but how in the hell did they manage to score one on France?

It's going to be somewhat.. uhm.. unexciting semi-finals this year. Greece and Portugal so far. And probably Holland tomorrow (unfortunately, since I'm swedish..). Let's hope the finals will be between Portugal and Holland at least, since those teams are playing the most entertaining football right now. I'm hoping Denmark beats the Czech Republic, but the Czechs looks really strong.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Woooohooo! Greece is in the finals!!! And I never believed my country's team would ever make it that far!!! I am the first one to be surprised...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Portugal - Greece in the finals. Who would have thought that?

And it's freakin' payback time!! Greece is gonna suffer!!

Er, i mean, good luck to both, obviously :) This historical moment for both teams is supposed to be a peaceful, joyous event. We wouldn't want to ruin it by WANTING REVENGE FOR THAT FIRST GAME YOU BASTARDS WILL SUFFER OUR UNHOLY WRATH!!!

Portugal - Greece in the finals. Who would have thought that?

And it's freakin' payback time!! Greece is gonna suffer!!

Er, i mean, good luck to both, obviously :) This historical moment for both teams is supposed to be a peaceful, joyous event. We wouldn't want to ruin it by WANTING REVENGE FOR THAT FIRST GAME YOU BASTARDS WILL SUFFER OUR UNHOLY WRATH!!!

HA! YOU WISH, PAL!

PS: Normally, I don't give a damn about sports but this particular football championship got interesting all of a sudden...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Hehe. I feel it's going to be an interesting final. This european championship was just surprise after surprise, and Portugal's team has learned from its mistakes. With the right kind of motivation and initial team in the next match, we're likely to eat the greek team alive :)

Regardless, i feel both teams achieved much, and i believe i will be watching the game with an equal level of support for both teams. They both deserve to be where they are now.

The best will win.

Which is Portugal of course :D

I am going to be in Lisbon for the final, BTW :ph34r:

If you're coming to Lisbon, be on the lookout for dishonest taxi drivers. There's been an incredible increase in scams recently, and try as we might, we can't weed out all of them. Try using public transportations instead of using taxis.

Congratulations Greece, the new European Football Champions 2004!

Greece's highly effective, but extremely boring defense smothered Portugal completely. Portugal attacked and attacked, but almost never managed to create any great scoring chances, and when they became tired Greece attacked for a few minutes instead. In the end, that tactic paid off as Greece managed to score one and Portugal scored none.

Boring, but effective.

Guest Loader

WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!!

WOOOOHOOOOOO! I can't believe we managed to win!!!! At the beginning of the Tournament, I believed that Greece would have a crap team just like they always had in the past... But now, I am pleasantly surprised!!!

I went to the Champs Elysees in Paris for the event and there were LOADS of people shouting, dancing and waving their flags... That was incredible! The funny part is that there were far more Portuguese than Greeks. And I couldn't understand why the Portuguese joined in the party...

And I couldn't understand why the Portuguese joined in the party...

Even if we lost, we made history, just like Greece. This was the first time Portugal ever made it to the finals. The game was well disputed by both teams, and the better one won. Why end the day in a sullen mood when the portuguese team fared very well in the championship itself? Even if Greece had lost, they'd also party with us.

It is a national triumph...no other way to describe it! People where celebrating out in the streets in all cities in Greece until the first morning hours. I still can't believe it...WE ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Now, on to the WORLD CUP! BRING US BRAZIL!!!!

I am glad the portuguese joined in the party because their women were much nicer to look at than the greek women.. B)