Ukraine Conflict - continuing

3 minutes ago, Lexx said:

This can't possibly go wrong at all.

The funny thing for me is on Codex I have heard for the last 34 months  about the " degeneracy and moral decay " that exists in Western countries and how Russia represents " traditional " values 

Now Putin is literally providing a path for citizenship to escape these same liberal values. Yet how many people are going to take advantage of this " great"  opportunity outside of ranting and raving  on SM  and the Internet about the state of the West :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Since those ideas are spawning from russian troll farms, it's no surprise at all.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Yet how many people are going to take advantage of this " great"  opportunity outside of ranting and raving  on SM  and the Internet about the state of the West :lol:

About the same as NAFO members or people moaning about the West's cowardice going to join the legion. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

23 minutes ago, Malcador said:

About the same as NAFO members or people moaning about the West's cowardice going to join the legion. 

The French Foreign legion? Is that what you mean and getting French citizenship

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

The French Foreign legion? Is that what you mean and getting French citizenship

Yes, totally not the International Legion in Ukraine.  The idea talk is cheap isn't all that new though, just remember this is a sporting event. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

14 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Yes, totally not the International Legion in Ukraine.  The idea talk is cheap isn't all that new though, just remember this is a sporting event. 

Sure but the point Im making is the 2 examples    are  not the same at all 

The French Foreign Legion has  been around for decades and you need  to do 3  years service and then you get a  residence permit and nationality is conditional and not guaranteed. But the  principle  is " after  3 years military service  you can become a French citizen  "

But the French dont lie about what France is with some unconvincing comparison to another country.  They dont need  to  do that because its  obvious why anyone would  want to become  a French  citizen

This Russian path to citizenship is about  Russia suggesting its a "moral and Conservative "  country compared to  the "  liberal and  degenerate " West. And thats  a  complete  exaggeration.  They even use the word  "spiritual "

And the truth is every single  degeneracy  that  exists  in  the West exists  in Russia, they just have less freedom and its an autocracy.  And of course Russia  has laws  against LGBT but for me thats not  an example of degeneracy,  its  pure  bigotry. And I doubt anyone from a Western country will be conscripted  to the Ukrainian   meatgrinder,  its like the offer  to white Afrikaans famers to relocate to Russia.  None of them  would be conscripted  

So Putin is trying to create  an alternative to the West  based on a false  narrative, the French Foreign Legion offer  isnt  the same 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

13 hours ago, BruceVC said:

The funny thing for me is on Codex I have heard for the last 34 months  about the " degeneracy and moral decay " that exists in Western countries and how Russia represents " traditional " values 

Now Putin is literally providing a path for citizenship to escape these same liberal values. Yet how many people are going to take advantage of this " great"  opportunity outside of ranting and raving  on SM  and the Internet about the state of the West :lol:

Try to post the TASS news on the Codex, and let us know 😛

• Haha 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

9 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Try to post the TASS news on the Codex, and let us know 😛

Oh I got that specific link from someone on Codex and myself and others have been asking all the Vatniks " when you moving to Russia, perfect opportunity"

And the normal Vatniks living in Western countries just ignored my direct question even when I tagged them because now they have even less excuse :lol:

But one American guy who I like did say he is seriously considering it 

John Milton 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Sure but the point Im making is the 2 examples    are  not the same at all 

The French Foreign Legion has  been around for decades and you need  to do 3  years service and then you get a  residence permit and nationality is conditional and not guaranteed. But the  principle  is " after  3 years military service  you can become a French citizen  "

But the French dont lie about what France is with some unconvincing comparison to another country.  They dont need  to  do that because its  obvious why anyone would  want to become  a French  citizen

This Russian path to citizenship is about  Russia suggesting its a "moral and Conservative "  country compared to  the "  liberal and  degenerate " West. And thats  a  complete  exaggeration.  They even use the word  "spiritual "

And the truth is every single  degeneracy  that  exists  in  the West exists  in Russia, they just have less freedom and its an autocracy.  And of course Russia  has laws  against LGBT but for me thats not  an example of degeneracy,  its  pure  bigotry. And I doubt anyone from a Western country will be conscripted  to the Ukrainian   meatgrinder,  its like the offer  to white Afrikaans famers to relocate to Russia.  None of them  would be conscripted  

So Putin is trying to create  an alternative to the West  based on a false  narrative, the French Foreign Legion offer  isnt  the same 

I wasn't talking about the FFL in the first place.  But no matter.

I don't see why we need to care about your bickering on the Codex, either.

Edited by Malcador
  • Gasp! 1

On 8/20/2024 at 10:06 AM, BruceVC said:

And the truth is every single  degeneracy  that  exists  in  the West exists  in Russia, they just have less freedom and its an autocracy.

^This

Looks pretty definite that the first F-16 has been lost by Ukraine, along with (more importantly, since there are fewer of them) its pilot. Exactly how is, uh, up in the air. Russians said in an air strike on his base, WSJ has a crash due to pilot error and CNN has it being due to drone debris*; while a couple of sources have it shot down by friendly fire.

Also looks pretty grim for Ukraine west of Donetsk city where towns they'd have fought over for weeks or months earlier this year are falling in days. Not by any means a full on rout or collapse as some are claiming but there's zero chance of stopping Russia short of Pokrovsk itself now.

*via an in air interception; amazingly that would give the Shahed/ Geran three air to air kills despite having zero in air combat capability.

21 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Also looks pretty grim for Ukraine west of Donetsk city where towns they'd have fought over for weeks or months earlier this year are falling in days. Not by any means a full on rout or collapse as some are claiming but there's zero chance of stopping Russia short of Pokrovsk itself now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/30/ukraine-russian-advances-pokrovsk-kursk

Tatarigami back on the rage path, hah.

If they're going to fire the air defence chief every time there's friendly fire they're going to go through a fair number of people. If it's for the overall poor response instead Zelensky should probably fire himself for shifting so much equipment to Kursk, a lot of which got hit in the first few days.

Man, why does seemingly every western media outlet use ISW? Of the pro Ukr maps Deepstatemap is better- and is even mentioned in the article- and even liveuamap is better. OK, you might not want to use deepstate's captioning in a proper newspaper...

Might have sacked him for a lot of other things and this was the last straw, or at least I hope so and they're not so knee jerk.  Maybe he was the guy that called the Australian Hornets "flying trash".   Guess we'll never know though, doubt anyone will bother to ask anything.

According to US, they ruled out UA air defense as a culprit. They are saying it was either a pilot error or plane malfunction.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You know there's a lull in the war when how an F-16 got destroyed is in focus.

Also,Iran finally sent their ballistic missiles apparently

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-09-06/iran-sends-russia-ballistic-missiles-despite-us-eu-warnings

Dunno, there was a fair bit of talk about the Challenger getting whacked when the counteroffensive was in full swing.

Hard to work out from the wording whether the US doesn't want to say the F16 was shot down by a Russian anti air/ air to air missile or whether they don't want to say that he was 'shot down' by being too close to an exploding cruise missile. Guess the inference from the talk about pilot training is the latter. Though as always if it doesn't have a name for the quote you've got to take it with salt anyway.

Eh, I'd be skeptical based on previous events. I'm pretty skeptical that Iran is even sending Shaheds at this point as opposed to Russia using domestic production.

(I always have a bit of a lol about those sorts of articles since you're never meant to remember all the other times they 'finally' sent them, according to multiple anonymous sources familiar with the intelligence. To whit:

DUBAI, Feb 21 [2024] (Reuters) - Iran has provided Russia with a large number of powerful surface-to-surface ballistic missiles, six sources told Reuters, deepening the military cooperation between the two U.S.-sanctioned countries..

..The shipments began in early January [2024] after a deal was finalised in meetings late last year between Iranian and Russian military and security officials that took place in Tehran and Moscow, one of the Iranian sources said.

Reuters, February 22, 2024. Emphasis added.

Note also that according to multiple anonymous sources the deal was actually worked out back in October 2022 (eg WaPo article October 16 2022), now nearly two years ago and more than a year prior to the "late last year" claim)

Seems to be true this time, looks like the US may allow Ukraine to use ATACMS in Russia.

The missiles they are supposedly getting don't seem all that scary, Iranian GMLRS it seems.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-spend-over-half-billion-123000075.html

Russia to be implementing more measures to control and block what Russian citizens can view on the Internet. Copying a page from China and its repressive control of information

" In 2019, Russia introduced legislation that permits the country to totally disconnect from the internet in what it calls a "campaign to preserve digital sovereignty".

Following the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Kremlin reportedly banned some foreign social media and internet corporations, however many sites are still accessible via virtual private networks, or VPNs.

By upgrading the technology, Russian authorities will be able to better block access to VPNs.

As traffic volumes increased, new equipment was purchased on a yearly basis beginning in 2020. "

John Milton 

Russia throwing a tantrum so often nowadays that this isn't even worth talking about by now.

Besides, inofficially we're probably at war already anyways. Considering all the sabotage and assassination attempts by russia.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Seems like same old. News was characterized it as "concerning" though.  Not sure why, would be a glorious and easy victory for NATO.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Its been sensationalized a little IMO, we know all about  Russian red  lines

But what Putin did say was "Russia would be forced to take what Putin called "appropriate decisions" based on the new threats. "

Thats vague and typical Russian. If  he wanted war with NATO then he should be unequivocal and  say " Russia will declare  war on NATO " or  something similar

• Thanks 1

John Milton