I was thinking about creating a "Berath Simp" party to be true to the mission of being Berath herald, which would be all themed around "Death", so I would like to ask for help of the big brains of the community with it.

For a Caster it would be akin to a Necromancer, so Chanter (Troubadour) and Wizard (Blood Mage) multiclass could work, we even have a build on this forum using it.
Then there is the Death/Dark Knight/Guard, I would say Paladin (Bleakwalker) is a choice, but I don't know what else Multiclass it with.
For a Priest I was thinking about some Dark/Shadow Priest which would be a Ranged/Caster Priest focused on only debuffing and damaging, no healing focused (except the unavoidable ones such as Radiance).

And then the last 2 slots I have no idea what I could use with it, maybe a Berserker Barbarian? Ghost Heart Ranger (the Pet Companion is a Ghost after all)? Or I could just leave both of those slots as flex unthemed slots and swap them for other companions/sidekicks accordingly with the needs.

I actually precisely did a "Berath simp" style party/character, I used a Druid that invested in Decay effects and a few Poison effects (since Decay alone won't give you enough coverage). Heals would give you some versatility, and is in keeping with Berath's cyclical portfolio.

Are you against companions? Vatnir would be happy to join a Berath simp party, even if he's, strictly-speaking, Rymrgand. Lot of overlap.

What about corpse-eater barbarian? A barbarian from a society that has a ritual around eating the dead seems on brand.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thelee said:

I actually precisely did a "Berath simp" style part/character, I used a Druid that invested in Decay effects and a few Poison effects (since Decay alone won't give you enough coverage). Heals would give you some versatility, and is in keeping with Berath's cyclical portfolio.

Are you against companions? Vatnir would be happy to join a Berath simp party, even if he's, strictly-speaking, Rymrgand. Lot of overlap.

What about corpse-eater barbarian? A barbarian from a society that has a ritual around eating the dead seems on brand.

I didn't actually think about the Druid, that's a good idea.

For now the WIP idea that is open to suggestions would be something along the lines of:

Cipher something/Priest of I don't know who: Probably a ranged character focused on damage, debuffs and control.
Paladin Bleakwalker/Priest of Wael: I've seen some people using Wael for a more dark/death theme, there is even an old build with this combination here too.
Priest of Berath/Fighter maybe Devoted: This one is a complicated one, I could use a mod to help with the fact that multiclass doesn't get the last 2 PL spells, and I really wanted to try to use Modwyr with it since it's a talking sword, it kinda fits the "haunted" spirits theme, and also use the summoned Greatsword when needed. That's where the issues start since Devoted can only pick one proficiency, so I either pick no Subclass for fighter, give up using Modwyr or pick something else if Multiclassing.
Chanter Troubadour/Wizard Blood Mage: As I said on the previous post, focusing on making it a kind of Necromancer].

But I feel like there are too much priests on this, could fit your Druid idea on the last slot and maybe see if replacing the Bleakwalker with the Barbarian is also an option.
About Companions, I am fine with them, if anything I can just change their class using Unity Console to match the theme.

Edited by Syzzke07

Shattered Pillar... Soulblade, too. Paladin/Soublade is actually quite nice imo.

And who is flirting more with Death herself than a Berserker/Helwalker? ;) But seriously: I like that combo very much. Especially with Saru Sichr. Maybe my most favorite melee class combo. The synergies are great and plenty and the challenge of living on the edge can be fun, too.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Shattered Pillar... Soulblade, too. Paladin/Soublade is actually quite nice imo.

And who is flirting more with Death herself than a Berserker/Helwalker? ;) But seriously: I like that combo very much. Especially with Saru Sichr. Maybe my most favorite melee class combo. The synergies are great and plenty and the challenge of living on the edge can be fun, too.

I was thinking of a Berserker like that, even installed a mod that changes Rekke to have that exact combination as one of his classes, I might still do it even though Modwyr is "Watcher Only" until you finish her quest.

2 hours ago, Dalzar said:

How about furyshaper with Blood ward or natural godlike corpse eater/ancient? They are both pretty fun to play too. Even more with balance polishing mod.

Gonna say I have literally no knowledge of Druids on this game, I only used Hiravias for a brief period on POE1 because I admit probably couldn't play the class and found it too weak.
But if druids can be build around Plague spells, that could fit perfectly.

Edit: See what I am saying, Furyshaper isn't even a Druid. lmao

Edited by Syzzke07

Alright, for now I think I will use something like this:
I will most likely use a mod that allows Multiclass to access all PL spells and change the class of the companions with Unity Console Mod so the game won't feel dead with no random banters.

Goldpact Knight/Evoker - Edér, probably using the Arknight Goldmagi build Enurale posted long time ago.
Ancient/Priest of Wael - Xoti, using the Thelee druid build posted in the forums.
Troubadour/Blood Mage - Aloth, using the Necromancer Build using the build Theosupus posted.
Beguiler/Ghost Heart - Serafen, this one I will probalby look for info in the forums, also the Ghost Companion seems fitting.
Priest of Berath/Devoted - Watcher, support-ish and using the Summoner Greatsword when needed.

That would be the "main team", I would still swap companions around if needed and also their personal side quests.

Edited by Syzzke07

On 1/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, Boeroer said:

Perfect for the theme would be a death godlike berserker/helwalker. Just have a priest companion to cast Barring Death's Door.