How to tell if this is Strand of Favor Exploit? Dorudugan Solo POTD

Hello all!

I am back at it in Deadfire. About to start a new Solo run (POTD Upscaled all), so naturally I have been researching the forums for a few days. I am think SC Assassin, so I found this Youtube playlist from someone who completed the Ultimate run. However, this paritcular run uses SoF exploits I think, and I cannot tell how they kill megabosses such as Dorudugan so quickly! Thank you for your insights in advanced!

Mine run, yes it's SoF exploit (briliant, no recovery, lash from helm and tenacious are the buffs mostly). But i think SC has potential for clean (no SoF) solo run(not ultimate) with resting, brilliant from wit, going ham on arcana and managing one time buffs for megabosses

edit. it's perma invis with SoF too

Edited by Waski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Waski said:

Mine run, yes it's SoF exploit (briliant, no recovery, lash from helm and tenacious are the buffs mostly). But i think SC has potential for clean (no SoF) solo run(not ultimate) with resting, brilliant from wit, going ham on arcana and managing one time buffs for megabosses

@Waski in case you're interested, it has even more potential with BPM I believe, because Smoke Veil costs only 1 guile and because Elric buffed Tornado significantly (which also affect scrolls), particularly the knock up effect duration.

3 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

@Waski in case you're interested, it has even more potential with BPM I believe, because Smoke Veil costs only 1 guile and because Elric buffed Tornado significantly (which also affect scrolls), particularly the knock up effect duration.

Except, ahem, BPM nerfs package disables strand of favor exploit 🙂 

But sure if one only uses BPM buffs package, things are by definition better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

But @Waski was talking about a no-exploit, no-SoF run that would rest a lot and use when needed the Brilliant inspiration from Wit of Death Herald after He Waits in Fire :) .

That, the full BPM complement would make it strictly better I believe.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Waski said:

edit. it's perma invis with SoF too

I really enjoyed watching your videos on YT. Thank you for sharing. They really gave me some ideas. Especially the BM/Skaen one.  May I ask why you choose Hearth Orlan? Does minor threat work is Vela is in your party at all times? Or did you just want the extra PER? Otherwise, wood elf seems like the other prototypical choice. 

6 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Thank you! Yes I am going to add BPM in to my game; does it work with Community Patch 'Extra'? 

4 hours ago, Kaylon said:

Yes, an assassin using SoF to stack every buff available is invincible and can kill even Dorudugan in a few hits... The assassin in the video uses just a few buffs in order to look less outrageous.  😉

Ah ok thank you! Yeah I was thinking it was that , because I saw another video where someone made a 'cheese' character (Camabert Gorgonzola (sp)  and  he poked Dorudugan once and he died. I like you YT videos as well, esp the SC Assassin ones on YT. 

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Thank you! That is good to know. i never got into SoF exploits, so  I will use BPM. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjo2138 said:

Thank you! Yes I am going to add BPM in to my game; does it work with Community Patch 'Extra'? 

Yup, it is developped and tested with it.

11 minutes ago, mjo2138 said:

Thank you! That is good to know. i never got into SoF exploits, so  I will use BPM. 

Nice to hear !

2 hours ago, Waski said:

@mjo2138 if I remember correctly I went with orlan for +2PER to see hidden cache with key to trunk with Iridescent Scale (in Dunnage) so I could steal it (was broke) and I wanted Raider background (stealth, mech) so White that Wends (+1PER) was no go

Thanks!