Anime and Manga - It's time for you to finish what you've started and watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

InsaneCommander

Space Dandy 5: Dandy babysits an alien and becomes a doll, baby.

tumblr_inline_p9elcz9o7j1r5kjtk_500.gif

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

9 hours ago, Make a contract with KP said:

So........

Reveal hidden contents

What do you think she is? I don't think she's human, unless she made a contract that gave her eternal life which seems unlikely. I had her pegged as an older hybrid before, but after seeing the Spider Devil and the Angel Devil I think she may be an outright Devil.

Makima

Spoiler

Before this episode I actually thought there were angels around too, but the one in the opening is just another Devil. So my theory that Makima is an angel is gone. Now? I'm not sure. She is very powerful and I can't imagine a related concept to be her demon. She can smash enemies from afar, but requires a sacrifice.🤔

I think you are right and she is powerful by herself, instead of receiving her abilities through a contract.

Edit:

Spoiler

There would have to be a very powerful idea/concept related to her ability in order for her to receive such power from a devil.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

10 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Makima

Reveal hidden contents

Before this episode I actually thought there were angels around too, but the one in the opening is just another Devil. So my theory that Makima is an angel is gone. Now? I'm not sure. She is very powerful and I can't imagine a related concept to be her demon. She can smash enemies from afar, but requires a sacrifice.🤔

I think you are right and she is powerful by herself, instead of receiving her abilities through a contract.

Edit:

Reveal hidden contents

There would have to be a very powerful idea/concept related to her ability in order for her to receive such power from a devil.

Well....

Since we know that an Angel Devil exists.....what about a God Devil? Think about it, Gods throughout mythology are terrifying in the power they wield and the punishment they can do, so being afraid of them is something thay is definitely gonna happen. So maybe Makima has a contract with a God Devil?

Or maybe she (or her devil) is a representative of something abstract, like a Tyranny Devil or something? We've seen the Eternity Devil so we know that they exist.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

35 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Well....

Reveal hidden contents

Since we know that an Angel Devil exists.....what about a God Devil? Think about it, Gods throughout mythology are terrifying in the power they wield and the punishment they can do, so being afraid of them is something thay is definitely gonna happen. So maybe Makima has a contract with a God Devil?

Or maybe she (or her devil) is a representative of something abstract, like a Tyranny Devil or something? We've seen the Eternity Devil so we know that they exist.

That is a great theory.

She could also be like Mamitas.

Space-Dandy-ep1-3-18.jpg?resize=768,432&

Spoiler

That is, she is the God Devil herself.🤣

Edit: I need to caption the image above and use it every time someone talks about cats. "Cat? Did you say cat?"

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

22 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I need to caption the image above and use it every time someone talks about cats. "Cat? Did you say cat?"

a74.gif

23 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

That is a great theory.

She could also be like Mamitas.

Could be, right now....

I'm leaning towards her being some kind of abstract devil that doesn't necessarily have a massive or monstrous form. That could be a God Devil, but could also be something along the lines of the Future Devil or Eternity Devil but more powerful.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Space Dandy 6: Dandy finally goes surfing, baby.

space-dandy-anime.gif

There's also a 10000 year war over clothing.

• Like 1

Cowboy Bebop, episodes 3 and 4. Faye is introduced...and the show immediately gets better. As you might expect, I'm not super keep on her design, but her personality/mannerisms kind of remind me of an older version of Fuu from Samurai Champloo (albeit more intelligent/wacky/skilled...so maybe not like Fuu at all, but somehow the thought still entered my brain), and she's fun to listen to. We'll see how long that impression lasts.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Space Dandy 7: Dandy enters the wacky space races, baby.

Like Chainsaw Man, this show is way better than it has any right to be.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Cowboy Bebop, episodes 3 and 4. Faye is introduced...and the show immediately gets better. As you might expect, I'm not super keep on her design, but her personality/mannerisms kind of remind me of an older version of Fuu from Samurai Champloo (albeit more intelligent/wacky/skilled...so maybe not like Fuu at all, but somehow the thought still entered my brain), and she's fun to listen to. We'll see how long that impression lasts.

Wait until Radical Edward shows up.

e99.png

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

samurai-champloo-fuu.gif

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

Spy x Family 25

75ey4u.jpg

We finally get some progress with Operation Strix. But Anya falls asleep during the mission.

Spoiler

Loid meets with Desmond, who seems to be quite the nice guy, although really creepy. Damian feels pity for Loid for having Anya as his daughter and is manipulated by him into admitting he wants to be friends with her.

Edit:

Spoiler

The most interesting sign of Desmond's personality was how he dismissed Anya having punched Damian. He can't be too bad. But who knows.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

5 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

We finally get some progress with Operation Strix. But Anya falls asleep during the mission.

I'm gonna watch this tonight.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:31 AM, Bartimaeus said:

There's something wrong with her design? :p

There's an episode down a ways where a guy starts talking to her and she goes "I'm not as cheap as I look!" and that had in me in tears. I'm not sure that was intended as comedy, but I laughed. Hard.

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Space Dandy 8: The gang plays with a dog, baby.

So....yeah, this show is crazy. Dr. Gelsef Joestar is perhaps one of the greatest pastiches of a recurring cartoon villain I've seen. Really this show continues to be amazing.

Spy X Family 25: Anya takes a nap.

It feels like there were a few less shocked faces here, but there have been a lot in recent episodes. Yor takes a backseat and we see another evil Anya face. I'm wondering how the movie will work here, I'd say that it is a vacation movie or something and that season 2 is the next school year but who really knows? Whoever watches it first should try to keep track of the shocked faces to see if it breaks 100.

• Like 1

Space Dandy 9: Surreal sentient plants and foie gras, baby.

Another great episode. QT is not the best mechanic.

Space Dandy 10: We can't go to Boobies tomorrow if there is no tomorrow, baby.

This is the best episode so far. Seriously good.

f4c.gif

• Thanks 1

Started a new a manga called Versus. It's from the same guy who did the One Punch Man webcomic. The basic premise is that in a world of magic the humans are being exterminated by demons, just as the last heroes are defeated a portal from another world appears. Through it a technologically advance human race is trying to escape the destruction from sentient robots. Will they be able to help each other out? Read and find out.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Chainsaw Man 12: I can't think of a title that won't spoil @InsaneCommander

If you can believe it.....it's a good episode once again. One with an early credits and an extended after credits sequence.

• Hmmm 1

37 minutes ago, Space KP, Baby said:

Chainsaw Man 12: I can't think of a title that won't spoil @InsaneCommander

If you can believe it.....it's a good episode once again. One with an early credits and an extended after credits sequence.

From the point you are at it only gets better and better. I keep waiting for the second part of the manga to hit its stride.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

6 minutes ago, Sarex said:

From the point you are at it only gets better and better. I keep waiting for the second part of the manga to hit its stride.

main-qimg-08d0a1eb1c7df35bb43f7143f21c1d

• Gasp! 1

Escaflowne...the movie, again. Last time I watched this, it was fresh off of having watched the show. I thought I'd try again, now having put a significant amount of time in between. Nope: with the exception of maybe two sequences, it's difficult not to feel like practically everything in this film is either lame, rushed, or botched in some manner. The two sequences that are alright are when Hitomi meets Merle in the stable and we have two characters talk like actual human beings for the first time in the film, and then when Hitomi and Van go to the tavern and talk about the cat sisters and the ancient song...and the latter one really only works if you remember the poor cat sisters from the show. Besides that, this movie's a big fat lotta nothing. O.K., I will also give a pass to Van very offhandedly carving a rock mouse for Merle as well as Merle singing with the other cat children, but that's it.

mpc-hc64_H6SApzMDgZ.png

• Confused 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Space Dandy 11: Let's go to the library, baby.

The Gagol Empire would rather invade a planet than pay a late fee for library books lmao.

MV5BNDQ2NTY4NWUtODM5My00YzRhLTg0MTgtMzcx

• Haha 1

Chainsaw Man 12

chainsaw-man-denji-aki-power-happy.jpg?q

Chainsaw man fights Katana man.

Spoiler

So Katana man felt pity for the zombies and his grandfather, who forced an underage boy to work for him. But not for Denji or his grandfather's victims. Also, he was allied with the Zombie devil, right? He got what he deserved.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

41 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Chainsaw Man 12

chainsaw-man-denji-aki-power-happy.jpg?q

Chainsaw man fights Katana man.

Reveal hidden contents

So Katana man felt pity for the zombies and his grandfather, who forced an underage boy to work for him. But not for Denji or his grandfather's victims. Also, he was allied with the Zombie devil, right? He got what he deserved.

Well since Denji can turn his feet into chainsaws......

You think Denji used them when he and Aki were kicking Katana man in the balls? I do.