What are some nice classes for Wizard to Multi into? I originally thought maybe Fighter as it sures up the defensive side but figure if I am casting from the backline I wouldn't need those defensive aspects. Also I thought for Fighter you could do Draconic Might (whatever the 7th level unique buff is that does terrify on hit and adds Lashes) + Spirit Lance for a terrify tank. Use Wall of Draining to prolong stuff like Unbending and your other buffs so you don't have to recast a bunch.

Alternatively I considered maybe Monk for Turning Wheel, Helwalker and Dance of Death. It gives lots of Might, Intellect and Accuracy and possibly Dexterity though DAoM exists already. Spell wise I'd do Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry + Rekvu Casque for extra slots and dump stuff like Combusting Wounds, Freezing Pillar, Malignent Cloud, Bitter Mooring etc.

Wizard+fighter is nice for using Clear Out with the Spirit Lance. If you go with Tactician you can proc brilliant pretty easily with spells like Chill Fog. Wizard+Helwalker is great for the reasons you indicate, especially the bonuses to MIG and INT; the former stacks with tenacious from Thundering Blows, giving you a whopping +15. With spirit lance you can spam stunning surge and stun groups of foes. Wizard+assassin is also a lot of fun. You can cast spells from stealth and often (not always, it depends on the spell) get the massive assassinate bonus to your spells. Wizard + barbarian is also great for the speed bonuses you get from the barb side. Finally, wizard + paladin yields one of the tackiest combos in the game, with sky high defenses along with substantial offensive capabilities. Wizard + steel garrote is a particularly great. Lastly, wizard + soul blade is also great with the spirit lance; you can hit multiple enemies with soul annihilation with it. Wizard can also combine well with other caster classes if you want a dedicated caster.

fighter is still a decent all-around multiclass option and not just a defensive play, even outside tactician+brilliant shenanigans. adventurer/conqueror stance gives you up to +10 accuracy with spells. the barrage line of buffs gives you bonus perception, graze-to-hit, possibly hit-to-crit, and possibly also a source of acute (+5 int, +1 PL) that doesn't require a spell cast.

rogue is also a good choice, esp assassin (the bonus to accuracy, pen, and crit dmg also works on spells, but you have to be a bit careful on what spells you use due to how differently invisibility breaks between different effects), especially if you're a wizard that can cast the arkemyr's invisibility spell (i forgot its name). if you want to be more martially, you can pick swashbuckler  streetfighter and stand in a chill fog while you rapidly beat down on enemies with summoned weapons.

Edited by thelee

Imo Ranger is pretty good as well. Ranger/Wizard with Willbreaker + Phantom (or CDT + Phantom) or Saru Sichr + Phantom + Pet (Saru Sichr would unlock extra pet dps via Predator's Sense). Morningstar modal of course helps spells too, and Willbreaker also debuffs will. 

I specifically like Stalker with this combo for extra tankiness for you + pet. And of course, Ranger gets bonus accuracy which helps spells and Takedown combo can be used to hit very hard with spells if you micro it. I once played a Ranger like this and it was pretty fun and good. 

edit: I saw @Boeroerliked this post. Boeroer, I believe this was originally your idea for a build. Or at least, I once got inspired because of your ideas around this. Shoulda gave you a shoutout earlier in this post 😀. In any case, can confirm it works well.

Edited by masterty66
  • Like 1

The Geomancer @masterty66suggested is even good enough (alround) to go solo. 👍 I used it with the Willbreaker, too and gave the Phantom Concelhaut's Draining Touch which lets it do considerable damage.

Generally I would consider Sage (Monk/Wizard) to be one of the most enjoyable Wizard multiclasses. Stunning Surge with Spirit Lance... :chef's kis emoji

A very good one is also Assassin/Wizard, especially if you focus on non-damaging CC effects and use Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure to stay invisbile while casting CC spells with very high ACC (Arkemy'r Brilliant Departure doesn't break as long as you don't deal damage - wall spells excluded - you can deal damage with those and still not become visible). With Wall of Draining you can later stay invisible for the whole fight. Not oly does this give you amazing ACC but it also makes you invulnerable basically. The good thing is that this char works well right off the shelf. Casting a good CC or damaging spell from stealth will grant you +25 ACC from level 1 which is really useful even without invisibility and whatnot. Then you can get Smoke Veil rel. early for some more high-ACC casts and then finaly you can get Arkemyr's Brillant Departure from Arkemyr later on.

Wizard/Psion is another combo I like. 

Wizard/Priest is also a great multiclass which can be extremely tanky yet offensively useful as well. 

Finally a Wizard/Druid can be made into a very sturdy melee spiritshift character with tons of spells and very respectable melee dmg with the help of Zandethus Draconic Fury. Bear Form + Spiritshield (and Llengrath's Safeguard) + Form of the Delemgan, Blunting Belt and Dragon Pendant will give you absurd AR values with 0 recovery penalty.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods