Jump to content

Soul Annihilation, final talk about its damage calculation


Recommended Posts

Arguably best burst damage ability in the game, but after 20 full game run i am not sure what boost its damage or not. I want to make a full list of it for new build ideas. Also its helpful for new players who might read this topic. I'll add some things i tested, please write the things i miss.

Ability effected by:

- Power level

- Might modifier

- Weapons quality enchantment

- Sneak attack, deathblow, streetfighter damage bonus when flanked or blooded, Soul whip, Human blooded damage bonus, Fighter weapon specialization

- Sworn enemy, Inspired beacon, Take down combo

Stalker's patience's ambushing ability doesnt seems like working sadly.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think Soul Annihilation is affected by other things that current focus (and inspired Beacon, maybe Sworn enemy, fighter Spirit). Pain Link should proc 25% of Soul Annihilation damages on the enemy.

I dont know about PL interaction and Might, but the weapon bonus and passive that only give bonuses to weapon damages (Sneak Attack etc) dont affect Soul Annihilation. It is not a lash but an effect that dont depend of the damages dealt by weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I dont think Soul Annihilation is affected by other things that current focus (and inspired Beacon, maybe Sworn enemy, fighter Spirit). Pain Link should proc 25% of Soul Annihilation damages on the enemy.

I dont know about PL interaction and Might, but the weapon bonus and passive that only give bonuses to weapon damages (Sneak Attack etc) dont affect Soul Annihilation. It is not a lash but an effect that dont depend of the damages dealt by weapon.

I am almost %100 sure the abilities i list boosts SA damage, you can easily check creating level 19 rogue/soulblade vs something like level 19 priest/soulblade and see the damage difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Afaik the formula for Soul Annihilation damage is: 

Quote

primary_weapon_final_dmg + [10 + (focus - 10) / 4] * [1 + 0.1 * (pl - 1)] * (1 + damage_bonuses + weapon_damage_bonuses)

I found notes from a few years ago related to my SA tests. And Deathblows was affecting it.

A cipher with 200 focus, legendary enchanted weapon, active soul whip damage bonus, deathblows, 7 PL and 20 MIG, will deal 285.2 raw damage.

Raw damage component is part of / originating from melee weapon attack and benefits from it's bonuses. 

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Okkes said:

I am almost %100 sure the abilities i list boosts SA damage,

&

1 hour ago, MaxQuest said:

I found notes from a few years ago related to my SA tests. And Deathblows was affecting it.

I didnt know that, do you think the lashes (I'm thinking about Deltro's Helm), so applied after the weapon's damage bonuses, also affect the Soul Annihilation damages?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

&

I didnt know that, do you think the lashes (I'm thinking about Deltro's Helm), so applied after the weapon's damage bonuses, also affect the Soul Annihilation damages?

I think only the abilities directly boost weapons damage affect SA. For example i tested Barbarians Blooeded ability doesnt work because its universal. I am only speculating btw the game mechanics so weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I didnt know that, do you think the lashes (I'm thinking about Deltro's Helm), so applied after the weapon's damage bonuses, also affect the Soul Annihilation damages?

And maybe eternal devotion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

do you think the lashes (I'm thinking about Deltro's Helm), so applied after the weapon's damage bonuses, also affect the Soul Annihilation damages?

Really don't know.

But most likely the shock proc from Deltro's Helm will be triggered only by damage from weapon's primary attack; since there is no separate attack roll for the raw_damage part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

Really don't know.

But most likely the shock proc from Deltro's Helm will be triggered only by damage from weapon's primary attack; since there is no separate attack roll for the raw_damage part.

Yes, lashes dont affect Soul Annihilation :

(with the same amount of focus on a Transcendant with Deltro's Helm)

Without lash : 30 + 138 raw

With lash : 38 + 138 raw

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Afaik lashes do not influence SA's damage. Only direkt additive damage modifiers (Sneak Attack, MIG-bonus, Deathblows, Takedown Combo, Shattered Vengeance's Curse, Inspired Beacon and so on) do. 

That's why Rogue/Soulblade delivers such nice SA strikes. Especially Streetfigther (heated up and on the edge) and Assassin (stealthed or invisible on crit).

Speaking of Assassin: unmodded Backstab bonus should also work.

 

 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Also do the great sword modal (+30% damage), with the same amount of focus and other multipliers : 138 >>> 161 raw damages.

Wow didn't think of that nice find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...