The All Things Political Topic - Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

ShadySands

20 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

The impact from sanctions can take years and Russia has an impressive foreign reserve but yes the sanctions will have impact but its a long-term game

I dont see the Ukrainian military lasting very long and then the question will be will it be an occupation or something else ? My advice would  be to the  Ukrainian military is to let Russia control the country but resort to guerilla warfare like we saw in Iraq and Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation because I dont see the point of trying to take on  the Russian and Belarus forces directly ?

You are talking on a country with 40+ mln ppl accustomed to fairly comfy, western like style of life. 

Russians will also have no interest of occuping the country. They will want to carve out the south east. Maybe force Zelensky out, but I do not see them having to fight in the cities. 

You know how big Kiev is? Have tyou been there? 

3 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

You are talking on a country with 40+ mln ppl accustomed to fairly comfy, western like style of life. 

Russians will also have no interest of occuping the country. They will want to carve out the south east. Maybe force Zelensky out, but I do not see them having to fight in the cities. 

You seem to believe the creature who gives commands to Mordor troops is capable of rational thinking. 

• Gorth locked this topic

Split the thread in two for the time being...

For Ukraine stuff

For non-Ukraine stuff

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein