Refreshing Finale return 3 phrases and 1 empower point when a phrase is empowered, and for this side,  Encore refresh all the amount of phrases ; that work only with invocations. But regular chanter's invocations are "instants" spells, triggering some other spells directely in the case of Her revenge.

Tekehu have acces to The Ranga Meted Out the Fury of the Gods (Avenging Storm), wich trigger the spell for each weapon attack. Like for the Least Unstable Coil, each time the spell proc, each time the spell is empowered.

That mean while The Ranga is empowered, each attack give 3 phrases and 1 empower point for Refreshing Finale, and restore all the phrases for Encore. 

Without the CP version of the spell (or maybe is just for avenging storm), staying in the middle of the battlefield and "tanking" grant for Tekehu a "permanent" 7 phrases, or, for safety reasons, just attacking with a blunderbust or mortar (in the other hand with Sasha's Singing Smitar) after casting a spell restore all the phrases. 

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

That already works with Her Revenge. If you hit enough foes with an Empowered Her Revenge you will get a refund for all formerly spend Empower Points.
This means you don't have to be Tekehu. ;)  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Very true. You could also switch to Effort after Teheku casts the empowered Avenging Storm with SSS. However, be warned, the game will then become trivially easy, as I learned in my recent run with a SC Fury. As soon as I got Effort, the game became too easy, as is typically the case with these OP combos.

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

That already works with Her Revenge. If you hit enough foes with an Empowered Her Revenge you will get a refund for all formerly spend Empower Points.
This means you don't have to be Tekehu. ;)  

big difference is that every bolt from avenging storm would restore phrases (3 or all). for longer fights, tekehu just becomes a super-machine, whereas revenge is a one-shot.

too bad he doesn't get summons.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

Very true. You could also switch to Effort after Teheku casts the empowered Avenging Storm with SSS. However, be warned, the game will then become trivially easy, as I learned in my recent run with a SC Fury. As soon as I got Effort, the game became too easy, as is typically the case with these OP combos.

That depend, switch to Effort while the Storm persist mean you loose the refreshing effect at each proc, the "ascendant" phase, until you switch again for Sasha's Smitar!

You can unlock the subclass with that : https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/179

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, thelee said:

big difference is that every bolt from avenging storm would restore phrases (3 or all). for longer fights, tekehu just becomes a super-machine, whereas revenge is a one-shot.

too bad he doesn't get summons.

I don't really understand. How many Empower Points do you need to refund during an encounter? :)

Du to the multiple procs you usually you only need one empowered Her Revenge to refund all the empower power points you spend before + the one from the empowered Her Revenge. That's normally 4 at max, isn't it? 

And you can't empower more than once during an encounter*. So I fail to see the huge advantage of Avenging Storm (in this "refunding" case, not in general)? 

Unless you mean against single foes - then it is an advantage because Her Revenge will not refund all points (if you spend a lot of them in previous encounters). But even then you could also use the notorious confusion + skeleton combo. ;)

*) except empowering a seal spell out of combat and then again during combat - but that's pretty lame because hazard and all that. 

Edited by Boeroer

Guys, forgive me, I'm tired. My brain tranformed "phrases" into "empower points" everytime I read it - and I totally missed the point OP and the following posters were making from the start. Jeez!

confused-mark-wahlberg.gif 

Since it's about phrases all of a sudden ;) : Iirc @Elric Galadreported this behaviour of empowered Avenging Storm + Tekehu some months ago. I think he got it from a reddit user or so?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Since it's about phrases all of a sudden ;) : Iirc @Elric Galadreported this behaviour of empowered Avenging Storm + Tekehu some months ago. I think he got it from a reddit user or so?

Oh I was surprised to never read this before when I got the idea this morning ( and I was also very surprised to never though about that before) ! 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:09 PM, Boeroer said:

Guys, forgive me, I'm tired. My brain tranformed "phrases" into "empower points" everytime I read it - and I totally missed the point OP and the following posters were making from the start. Jeez!

confused-mark-wahlberg.gif 

Nope a "BPM bug" report 🙂