In Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire, if you have the AI Behavior set to Auto Attack Only or Active, healing potions cannot be used. The character will cancel the action before it completes 99% of the time, meaning with either of these two modes on, potions are unusable in combat.

I know you're not developing Deadfire anymore, but frankly, I don't give a sh_t. This is a bug that's been in the game for a long time at this point, I know other people have pointed it out multiple times, and it's still not fixed.

Makes me wonder if the next game you develop will also have a bunch of basic features that just don't work, and are never fixed or addressed despite the community asking for fixes for years.

I'd honestly be willing to pay for another DLC that's just bug fixes if that's what it takes.

Did you just say, "Wizard Business" ?  :getlost: 

On 1/5/2022 at 8:36 AM, jvan said:

This is a bug that's been in the game for a long time at this point, I know other people have pointed it out multiple times, and it's still not fixed.

it's still not fixed because it was introduced in some of the last patches at the end of deadfire's support life cycle.

i really hope obsidian got some decent extra sales out of adding turn-based mode for their sake, because it destabilized the game and they didn't leave enough of a support runway afterwards.

edit: in PoE, they broke traps fundamentally at some point and it never got fixed. I was doing what you were doing some years back, shouting into the wind and begging for a dev to fix it. Major unpatched bugs are one thing, but it's even worse when it's broken in a way that it can't be modded with a fix.

Edited by thelee

• 3 weeks later...

It is a really frustrating bug. Escaping combat to heal only for my Assassin to glide on back towards the enemy with a sliver of health was a constant problem in my first playthrough. Always just thought it was due to having too high an action speed or something. Had no idea it was tied to AI Behaviour.

I imagine this is a long shot but is there a chance that some kind of modded .aibehaviorbundle can fix it? It looks to me when it happens like the character might not be waiting the correct amount of time for the consume action to complete, or are possibly cancelling it in favour of the higher priority action of attacking perhaps?.

Edited by Kvellen