hey guys,

arrived ukaizo, fought off 2 engwithan titans at harbor and that it...was no guardian of ukaizo..just this 2 big metal dudes.. is that normal?

only balance and cp mods

then was able continue to eothas and end game...

disapointed....what happened to my stuff?

15 minutes ago, Panda Baby said:

disapointed....what happened to my stuff?

If you freed the Sea Dragon Scyorelaphas during the quest "The Shadow Under Neketaka", he's taken care of the final boss for you...

It's not super straightforward to understand the first playthrough, I'll definitely give you that.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Panda Baby said:

is there a way free the dragon without him removing guardian of ukaizo? i dont kill him or keep him chained

Nope - funny you mention it because that's one of my very very few RP issues with Deadfire. Freeing him but keeping a bit of his soul in there is the obvious optimal choice, but it robs you of 2 epic fights. The latter you might even never know you missed unless you paid attention or read the wiki lol.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Nope - funny you mention it because that's one of my very very few RP issues with Deadfire. Freeing him but keeping a bit of his soul in there is the obvious optimal choice, but it robs you of 2 epic fights. The latter you might even never know you missed unless you paid attention or read the wiki lol.

it's also a bit weird because you can actually get a bit of a lore dump from the guardian.

i think there's also another way to avoid the guardian fight - i think if you just sacrifice your faction allies, the guardian never shows up (presumably busy with your allies). i know i've stumbled into ukaizo without a fight, and it struck me as a bit weird that it's that easy (and that easily for the player to overlook) to avoid what is supposed to be the last fight. (if you clear all the megabosses, it can even still be a bit of a rough fight due to all the scaling bonuses it gets as part of its "the last megaboss" buff.) at least in a game like F:NV you needed lots of skill checks and correct dialogue tree navigation regardless to do that.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

May I ask a question to you all on this topic -- have you been able to beat the guardian of ukazio with a Swashbuckler (Devoted/Streetfighter) in solo on POTD (upscaled)

So far, It has been a real grind. I am tempted to just gouging strike and wait it out... the fight is really long, the slash AR is so high for the dragon, too (19!)

I can meta game it, but even then, I run out of healing potions, or get interrupted and die (despite using Whiteleaf) 

14 hours ago, Panda Baby said:

is there a way free the dragon without him removing guardian of ukaizo? i dont kill him or keep him chained

Take the independent way. Put aside any faction and either buff your own ship with the Dragonwing Sails and the Blackwood Hull, or take a Floating Hangman.

14 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

That's exactly what I always do - free the Dragon but keep a bit of his soul. And I don't actually 100% support any faction out there. So - move alone and fight the Guardian.

Edited by Serg BlackStrider
  • Thanks 1

obsidian made it hard to appreciate any of the factions in poe 2 cept maybe rautai

principi slavers and bandits

huana  seem nice but end up elitist jerks making their own people suffer in a casts society

valians even if support animancy only care of business at price of locals

rautai are conquerors yes but at least rautai care of rautaian people, when other 3 dont care of their own folks

this run i associated with rautai but i gone with my own ship instead submarine, guess on my potd i will just go solo into the storm i wan battle guardian

i dont remeber option for ask dragon to leave a bit of his soul? if i do this can i free him and battle guardian or the only option is truelly slay/chain dragon?

Edited by Panda Baby

31 minutes ago, Panda Baby said:

i dont remeber option for ask dragon to leave a bit of his soul? if i do this can i free him and battle guardian or the only option is truelly slay/chain dragon?

From the WIKI:

Spoiler

In the cavern beyond, you will speak to the prisoner held there, Scyorielaphas, a massive sea dragon and source of the tremors. He'll reveal to you that decades ago he was tricked by Periki, who trapped him below the guild and siphoned his power to feed the watershapers abilities. Apart from releasing or attacking him, you can also, with appropriate skills, devise a solution that releases most of him without depriving the Watershapers of his power.

• You can suggest excising a part of his soul with Metaphysics 5 and History 4, cutting out the part that's compelled to remain. Then you can use Diplomacy 2, Bluff 3, or Insight 3 to convince him.
  • This requires a Metaphysics check of 9 to manipulate the four wards accordingly. If you need 1-2 Metaphysics points you can buy the Animancy Cat from Tiabo for 9,500 gold. He stands outside the Tower of the Soul Seekers, which is located in The Sacred Stair district of Neketaka. Additionally, Blessed Incense can be used by the PC from a Quick Item slot for +2 to Metaphysics, and paying Kae's training 3,000 grants +1 to Metaphysics as well.

So, you can take this route, free him taking a bit of his soul, ignore all factions on the way to Ukaizo and battle the Guardian. All are happy (except maybe Huana and the Guardian himself...).

• Like 1