Hello,

I can't decide wich weapon to pick :

1. lord darryn voulge : +3PL for storm is really nice but limited to a few spell. The bolt hit hard, but is per rest and i sadly never use per rest item... 
  2. Stag lance : +2PL for all when under beast/plant effect, easy to trigger but time limited. Not sure how much great maelstrom is boosted by it...(its keyworded for me  with fire, ice, elec, storm, so +2 or +8?) 
  3. magran's favor : +2 fire PL, always nice for a one handed weapon. 
  4. Griffin's blade : +10% spell damage. Universal damage bonus is sweet, and its one handed.
  5. Sungrazer : i heard the meteor enchant can proc from spells, not sure about it, but if true can be quite fun.

What will you choose?

Edit : i forgot to mention, switch to dual aoe mortar with avenging storm once other PL spells are used (usually nothing remain at this point so not that needed)

Edited by Exanos

Chromoprismatic Staff would be another weapon to consider. It has +1 PL to each of the four elements - which is versatile and good for Great Maelstrom - and the quarterstaff modal can be useful, too.

Magran's Favor + Sun & Moon (+2/+2 burn/freeze at night and +4 PL at day).

Sungrazer: for me it only procs with weapon crit-kills and/or weapon hits (two separate enchantments)

Watershaper's Focus can have +2 PL to Water and Frost iirc. Maybe that stack on Great Maelstrom but I don't remember. 

The Lance of the Midwood Stag will boost every ability by +2 PL. No stacking of individual elements. This is usually one of the best universal options because it works with everything you have. And casting Form of the Delemgan is useful in any case. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Once  you get greater maelstrom, I would suggest using Crusted Swordfish for the +2 PEN for the spell. usually this will  be enough +PEN to win encounter. If it isn't you can stack a fully upgraded lord darryon's plys Deltro's cage, for +5 powerlevel for greater mealstrom.  However, that is usually overkill. If you have another melee character using 2h, I would dedicate lord darroy's to him/her. 

For druids, I prefer the staff that boosts +3 Beast/ Plant, so I can really get mileage out of druid's defensive spells , as well as insect spells. 

For a Fury, I'd recommend the LDV at first, since it's available so early. Later, when you get Great Maelstrom, you'll actually get even more of a PL boost by dual wielding Magran's Favor and Sun and Moon. This is the one build where it won't matter if it's day or night, since the boost to either fire or cold will boost that spell. You can also use Deltros Cage armor for even more of a boost, and Ring of Focused Flame for an accuracy bonus. As mjo2138 recommended, if you eat Crusted Swordfish you'll have enough PEN to melt mobs and do serious damage to bosses as well. The staff is probably best for a different sort of druid build, that focuses on the Beast and Plant spells.