Anime - Kono Dio Da!

Amentep

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

If only I had read the manga before watching the show - the show would've looked utterly brilliant in every way in comparison. Or wait, if I had read all of the manga first, that would've required that I liked the manga and how it handled everything, and therefore I would've thought the show did everything wrong. Alternatively, if I had stuck with the manga while not liking it, then I probably would've never tried the show to begin with! What a catch-22, :p. But yes, some retroactive appreciation...

See, that wasn't even among the options I have considered. I could also continue to read the manga or watch Tuxedo Mullet run about in that super cheap live action Sailor Moon. :p

It's tough to balance between character comedy and character drama*, isn't it? So often, shows go too hard one way without enough of the other...and that's assuming they do either well from the get-go. Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Steven Universe...these are the ones that did it right for me by and large. Steven Universe and Sailor Moon have their warts, of course, but they got the key balance that made them work and forgive whatever flaws they had. That's why they're special! (...To me.)

I'm probably too hard on K-On!, it tried much more in its second season that I thought it would, and some of it worked - and some didn't. I'll have to admit that Yui made me smile more often than not, and that's a job really well done, considering it was by far and large comedy. Getting me to appreciate that is no small feat. As such I don't mind pure drama shows, otherwise I wouldn't have liked Violet Evergarden.

Also, yeah, I agree, and perhaps looking for something that combines Steven Universe's or Sailor Moon's character strength and themes with the quality of writing (although... for SU that was studio interference and for SM mostly not so great source material) and understatedness of the original Cardcaptor Sakura is a quest doomed to fail. I shall venture on, though. Who knows, maybe I'll find a unicorn. Hopefully not with wings. :p

I'm also feeling a little sick today, so no cardio, meaning no Lady Asuka or emi... emouk... whatever the title of that weirdo seinen stuff that I began to watch on Prime video is. Probably not tomorrow either, but who knows, maybe I'll wake up feeling all rainbows and sunshine.

Romance isn't the end of the world...um, if it's done right and not completely annoyingly or stupidly or fanservice-ingly... Yeah, I guess that's the problem, isn't it? :p

Ikuhara was right that when it's around, it is often too much of a focus. Age and maturity differences aside, Mamoru and Usagi were okay in terms of volume.

The Madoka movie you didn't watch plays out mostly in Homura's mind. Kyosuke and Hitomi are a couple, and it's not going really well because he's focusing too much on his carreer. Something like that would have been interesting for K-On!. Not turning it into a silly rom-com, but having a counterweight for one of them. Yui having to study for a makeup test was something like that in season one. It's not entirely out there for a group of 17 year olds, after all.

Not just the attention, but also the time. They let that entire thing wax and wane and fester and heal over five entire seasons. That was some serious planning that not a lot of shows can afford to take a chance on...and well, what happened with Lars and Lapis is literally exactly why. Sigh. I mean, not that I ever loved Lars to begin with, but I had literally just finally truly fallen in love with Lapis with her appearance on the moon after having struggled a bit with her the entire show and then the entire thing just...cosmically farts out of existence. SIGH.

I loved Lapis from the get go, but I like these sort of broken characters. Lars just moved from I HATE YOU /Anakin-scream to likeable before he got douchewaffled by Cartoon Network. Not sure what's worse.

edit:

Speaking of Cardcaptor Sakura, you're really close to one of the all-time greats in this arc (54), so... like, uhm... *whistle*

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

18 hours ago, majestic said:

Speaking of Cardcaptor Sakura, you're really close to one of the all-time greats in this arc (54), so... like, uhm... *whistle*

Sorry, been too busy to watch anything over the last few days, maybe get to it sometime later today.

Who knows, maybe I'll find a unicorn.

Everything is terrible and everything will continue to be terrible.

6 hours ago, majestic said:

For that weird tangent:

Seeing that crowd lose it when Chibi-Usa did the infinite iframe backdash over and over while being hit over and over and not a single one landing was pretty hilarious. Good watch, :).

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Who knows, maybe I'll find a unicorn. Hopefully not with wings. :p

Keep it away from kids under 12 just in case.

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Except for 

845feb0d675ebc90213ae620270f5d65.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3 minutes ago, majestic said:

No Mari in that spoiler, what's wrong with you? :p

A lot of things, but that's beside the point. To make smug Mari really work I've got to make it unpredictable. Besides Berserk is really good.

Edited by KP the meanie zucchini
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Sorry, been too busy to watch anything over the last few days, maybe get to it sometime later today.

I've been busy nursing a man-flu, so I can relate... kind of. Couldn't watch anything, suffering way too much from a common cold.

Man-flu winging:

Spoiler

Actually, I haven't had a cold this bad in quite a while. Had a problematic case of heartburn/acid reflux over the weekend, ended up having quite a pain in my throat from it. I guess the cold swooped in while the rest of my body was busy dealing with acid burns. That's what I get for eating cake in the evening.

Yesterday I sounded like Bonnie Tyler after a night of boozing and smoking, but I'd rather have that back than a runny nose. Had to go and get some pseudoephedrine/antihistamine combination drug to be able to breathe through the nose. *pouts*

Breathing through the mouth is one hell of a bad idea with throat burns*. Not that I can control it while sleeping, woke up tonight with a curious sensation that I can only describe as, uhm, having swallowed glass shards.

*Well, and wonderfully enough, I no longer have tonsils, so extensive mouth-breathing leads to loads of coughing. Slept like an hour or two this night.

43 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Dash my hopes, will you. Although experience tells me you're right. :p For every K-On!, there's a large number of Love Live!s around... 

47 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Seeing that crowd lose it when Chibi-Usa did the infinite iframe backdash over and over while being hit over and over and not a single one landing was pretty hilarious. Good watch, :).

Sometimes my YouTube suggestions are pretty fun. I knew that there was a Sailor Moon fighting game, just now how apparently popular it is as a tournament game. Not bad. Jupiter looks pretty badass in the video with her high kicks there. :yes:

• Like 2

Steins;Gate 0 15-17:

Wait, when did they

Spoiler

tell Faris about time traveling? She saw Suzuha’s picture with an older Yumi and didn’t seem surprised or anything.

“Look for her carefully. She is really short.” 🤣

Spoiler

I’m still not convinced that Moeka is one of the good guys. Even though she led Okarin to the abandoned facility. And they let her be involved in all kinds of things. What if she discovers that Suzuha is Daru’s daughter?

sign.jpg

16 hours ago, majestic said:

Had a problematic case of heartburn/acid reflux over the weekend, ended up having quite a pain in my throat from it. I guess the cold swooped in while the rest of my body was busy dealing with acid burns. That's what I get for eating cake in the evening.

Yeah, I know the feeling: I have to be careful not to eat certain things too close before bed, because whatever the flap thingy on your stomach that keeps it closed at the top always has been very weak for me*, I've had a number of times over the years waking up literally suffocating in my own stomach acid. Haven't experienced the real fun of acid reflux until it's directly in your mouth, up your nose, and in your lungs - "tasting" your stomach acid through your nose is a sensation indeed, :yes:. ...But the good thing is as long as I don't eat dumb, then it completely averts the problem entirely, so at least there is that.

Spoiler

Somewhat recently, I had some Malaysian spice paste that did quite the number on me. Spicy food actually usually helps mitigate acid reflux, and this paste wasn't even particularly spicy (I eat way spicier stuff on the regular without any issues) but it tasted great, and I'm not joking, it must've really irritated or damaged the stomach flap thingy in some way because I had heartburn for three weeks straight. Three weeks! Had to re-learn how to breathe properly after all of that because everything, especially my nose, was in a constant state of irritation that changed how I breathed. But while spicy food may have been the cause, it was also the cure: since avoiding spicy food (or even food in general - I fasted for one of those days to see if it would help, and it did not) was not doing me any good, I ate around seven or eight whole habaneros over the course of a day (after I noticed the previous day that having eaten one seemed to have helped), and that's what finally fixed it. Fighting fire with fire does appear to be the solution to these things, :yes:.

Anyways, hope you get better, all of that sounds miserable.

Cardcaptor Sakura: The Gang Gets Walkie-Talkies.

Spoiler

mpc-hc64_oLbtMgkPZ7.png

Enough said, right?

Na-ku-ru. Man, she sure is clingy. Yue really needs to have talk with Sakura. Oh, lmao, there he is at her front door. Well then. Guess he's dying, RIP. "I'm still not used to the big Kero!" Me neither. And Yue didn't help explain anything...to Sakura. You're supposed to talk to Sakura!

"If he can be fooled by you, that Yukitoad must be naturally dense!" There's that "Yukitoad" again. Guess it is an intended "insult" to Yue's secondary form after all.

"You knew this would happen if you called Tomoyo..." He's got a point, you know. You're the one that lets this silliness happen, Sakura! Ah, but it's all for a good cause anyways, :yes:.

Putting a children's playground literally right on top of a giant thousand foot hole doesn't seem like the wisest idea, but what do I know?

• Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Maybe Anime causes acid reflux... I've been having issues with it for the past week too. Waking up with acid in my sinuses... I though that maybe I got Helicobacter, but I'm too lazy to get tested.

@Bartimaeus  Esophageal sphincter is the name you are looking for. Have you ever had an endoscopic exam? Maybe you have a Hiatal hernia (like I do). If it's really bad you can have a laparoscopic operation to fix it.

• Gasp! 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Maybe Anime causes acid reflux... I've been having issues with it for the past week too. Waking up with acid in my sinuses... I though that maybe I got Helicobacter, but I'm too lazy to get tested.

@Bartimaeus  Esophageal sphincter is the name you are looking for. Have you ever had an endoscopic exam? Maybe you have a Hiatal hernia (like I do). If it's really bad you can have a laparoscopic operation to fix it.

Nope, it was definitely the spice stuff, because I doubled down and had more to make sure and that was a bad decision. Still don't really know why. There's not even anything weird in the ingredients.

I have had an endoscopic exam, although not for that purpose. Presumably, if they had found something like that, they woulda mentioned something, but I don't know for sure, :p. Anyways, I'm perfectly fine as long as I don't eat stuff I shouldn't, so I think I'll be okay...I think.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I know the feeling: I have to be careful not to eat certain things too close before bed, because whatever the flap thingy on your stomach that keeps it closed at the top always has been very weak for me*, I've had a number of times over the years waking up literally suffocating in my own stomach acid. Haven't experienced the real fun of acid reflux until it's directly in your mouth, up your nose, and in your lungs - "tasting" your stomach acid through your nose is a sensation indeed, :yes:. ...But the good thing is as long as I don't eat dumb, then it completely averts the problem entirely, so at least there is that.

Reveal hidden contents

Somewhat recently, I had some Malaysian spice paste that did quite the number on me. Spicy food actually usually helps mitigate acid reflux, and this paste wasn't even particularly spicy (I eat way spicier stuff on the regular without any issues) but it tasted great, and I'm not joking, it must've really irritated or damaged the stomach flap thingy in some way because I had heartburn for three weeks straight. Three weeks! Had to re-learn how to breathe properly after all of that because everything, especially my nose, was in a constant state of irritation that changed how I breathed. But while spicy food may have been the cause, it was also the cure: since avoiding spicy food (or even food in general - I fasted for one of those days to see if it would help, and it did not) was not doing me any good, I ate around seven or eight whole habaneros over the course of a day (after I noticed the previous day that having eaten one seemed to have helped), and that's what finally fixed it. Fighting fire with fire does appear to be the solution to these things, :yes:.

Anyways, hope you get better, all of that sounds miserable.

Yikes, and nah, I'm good. I'll take throat pain and a cold over extended heartburn and stomach acid in my sinuses any day of the week. What usually causes heartburn for me is certain types of sweets, which I don't eat so much of anyway. Last year it happened when my wife made what she called "Snickers Cake" which is essentially a cake made to taste like a Snickers bar. I can eat Snickers just fine (although, dear lord, I should not, considering they are sugary heart attacks in bar form) but the cake, woops. I'm blaming the peanut butter. :yes:

My throat has always been a sore spot, quite literally. First (near) constant tonsillitis, which was the reason for the sugery, and afterwards it just moved to lateral pharyngitis. Although not nearly as often, so it was a net win, I guess. I'm pretty sure it wasn't pharyingitis, that comes with fever, and my body temperature is fine. It also doesn't go away in a day.

"Funny" side story, kind of disgusting:

Spoiler

About the "taste" of stomach acid in your nose, well, back when my blood sugar levels were sky high, when I ate too much or too carbs heavy before going to bed, I would wake up feeling really sick, and would throw up every now and then. Sometimes dry heaving, which was horrible, but okay, and once... once I ate lasagne before going to bed and ended up throwing up so violently that the semi-digested minced meat came out of my nose. Some of it got stuck - with a liberal helping of residual stomach acid.

Live life to the fullest, just take care to never have to blow minced meat out of your nose. Still, doesn't compete with suffocating on stomach acid. 😮

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Cardcaptor Sakura: The Gang Gets Walkie-Talkies.

Reveal hidden contents

mpc-hc64_oLbtMgkPZ7.png

Enough said, right?

Na-ku-ru. Man, she sure is clingy. Yue really needs to have talk with Sakura. Oh, lmao, there he is at her front door. Well then. Guess he's dying, RIP. "I'm still not used to the big Kero!" Me neither. And Yue didn't help explain anything...to Sakura. You're supposed to talk to Sakura!

"If he can be fooled by you, that Yukitoad must be naturally dense!" There's that "Yukitoad" again. Guess it is an intended "insult" to Yue's secondary form after all.

"You knew this would happen if you called Tomoyo..." He's got a point, you know. You're the one that lets this silliness happen, Sakura! Ah, but it's all for a good cause anyways, :yes:.

Putting a children's playground literally right on top of a giant thousand foot hole doesn't seem like the wisest idea, but what do I know?

❤️

I really should rewatch CCS. Or Sailor Moon. Better yet, both. Or at least a CCS best of.

Spoiler

People not talking to Sakura is a thing, huh? Nobody ever tells her anything. I'm not entirely sure if that episode you just watched revealed the entirety of Yue/Yukito's condition/problems, if not then don't click here:

Spoiler

Okay, telling her that Yukito might die because she's too weak... might really be better left unsaid*. In Clear Card it's just stupid though, also because she's like 14 or so at the time. Can handle a problem or two, one might think.

*Especially in light of what happens next episode.

• Gasp! 2

Gosh danged forums ate my post and I didn't save a copy and it didn't save a draft.

58 minutes ago, Sarex said:

There are always chewing tablets that naturalize the acid, they are over the counter meds, so if you ever make a bad decision again at least you don't have to suffer.

Unfortunately, the opposite happens: even like tums amplifies it. Usually, the solution is stuff like habaneros, jalapenos, grapefruit... No, I don't know why. Maybe my stomach acids are too base instead of too acidic? I'm not sure.

33 minutes ago, majestic said:

Yikes, and nah, I'm good. I'll take throat pain and a cold over extended heartburn and stomach acid in my sinuses any day of the week. What usually causes heartburn for me is certain types of sweets, which I don't eat so much of anyway. Last year it happened when my wife made what she called "Snickers Cake" which is essentially a cake made to taste like a Snickers bar. I can eat Snickers just fine (although, dear lord, I should not, considering they are sugary heart attacks in bar form) but the cake, woops. I'm blaming the peanut butter. :yes:

My throat has always been a sore spot, quite literally. First (near) constant tonsillitis, which was the reason for the sugery, and afterwards it just moved to lateral pharyngitis. Although not nearly as often, so it was a net win, I guess. I'm pretty sure it wasn't pharyingitis, that comes with fever, and my body temperature is fine. It also doesn't go away in a day.

See, maybe what I have is worse in short bursts, but I can do stuff to prevent it from happening - seems like you have the worse deal overall by a bit. Speaking of snicker cakes, I think chocolate is what triggered the last two "acid suffocations" I had, so that's definitely something I avoid before bed.

Yuck at your story! Good thing I've never liked (pink) lasagna anyways, :yes:.

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

Man, yall have it bad. My stomach is weird, any problems I have usually manifest out the other end. Which is a different kind of unpleasant, but more manageable. I do have a massive sweet tooth though and have to resist it hard. I try to eat protein stuff flavored like chocolate, but it's just not the same. I have no idea what pink lasagna is, but bolognese lasagna is the only one I'd be willing make.

Anyways Steins;Gate....I haven't watched more yet because I'm trying to finish up TOS. But the 1.5 episodes I've seen have been very weird and there's a Cafe where they dress like cats. Lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

pink lasagna

5jEYpVp.gif

• Gasp! 1

Episode 27 of Nadia. This episode's animation looks like it was made by the same people who made that one really strange-looking episode of Sailor Moon SuperS - looked positively wack. Not even the main characters looked like themselves - looked like fan animation...or worse.

mpc-hc64_dnutw6GNAW.png

mpc-hc64_GXBorwpfCl.png

mpc-hc64_tcby2T5jtV.png

(what is this, an upscaled DVD source?)

mpc-hc64_Q8L2zF77os.png

I mean, wow...that, uh, none of that's right. These aren't even in between frames or anything - these are the key frames that the show kept pausing on! But...contrarily, finally, the episode was a bit less annoying and our characters had more to do than just yell and scream at each other over trivialities (even though it was still total filler that wasn't particularly interesting), so at least there's that.

And then the 28th episode was like 1/3rd clip show, 1/3rd filler, 1/3rd...mind-numbing nothingness. Good gosh, why did they bother to continue the show after the first arc ended? If nothing else, the animation and fidelity got better although it still feels and looks like it was made by a different (and significantly worse) team from the first arc. I'm just so bored and annoyed out of my mind watching this, please let this end as soon as possible. It's like every episode is a bottle episode where characters are just...talking at each other while doing absolutely nothing: shot, reverse shot, shot, reverse shot, repeat 1 second animation loop ten times in a row, repeat frame, more uninteresting and repetitive dialogue. Gah, it's so bad! I hate to say it, but Utena was better than this - at least it was weird and fascinating and had the illusion of things continuing to move along most of the time. This...doesn't: it's not visually interesting, the characters are flanderized and either boring or annoying, and absolutely nothing is happening in the plot or world or with the characters in any meaningful way. This is an advanced level of nothing is happening.

If the first arc was about...a 7.5/10, this is more like a 3/10, and that might be generous. I am greatly displeased.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Sad 2

On 9/22/2021 at 6:06 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Unfortunately, the opposite happens: even like tums amplifies it. Usually, the solution is stuff like habaneros, jalapenos, grapefruit... No, I don't know why. Maybe my stomach acids are too base instead of too acidic? I'm not sure.

Obligatory meme:

maxresdefault.jpg

This thread is a regular TUMS FESTIVAL, huh? :p

On 9/22/2021 at 6:06 PM, Bartimaeus said:

See, maybe what I have is worse in short bursts, but I can do stuff to prevent it from happening - seems like you have the worse deal overall by a bit. Speaking of snicker cakes, I think chocolate is what triggered the last two "acid suffocations" I had, so that's definitely something I avoid before bed.

Yuck at your story! Good thing I've never liked (pink) lasagna anyways, :yes:.

Minor update, it seems like my father has throat pain and a mild cold now too. Visited him shortly before almost dying this week, so... perhaps the heartburn wasn't the cause for all of the issues, just the, well, catalyst. Could probably have fought this off without symptoms otherwise. Ah, well... bad timing, mr. stomach.

Maybe it's a good thing you don't like lasange. Not sure if there's a decent way to make them gluten free. Thems noodles is like, uhm, the main igredient. :yes:

Anyway, I'm back, I think. So far the only thing that's left is a mild cough every now and then, and that's me hacking up pretty disgusting gooey stuff that's covering the healing wounds. So yay, more proof of burns.

On a much more brighter note, the combination of weapons grade painkillers, anti-inflammatory medication and a whole bunch of pseudo/antihistamines meant that I slept like a log for three days, and I feel rested. I guess that's what regular people with regular sleeping patterns feel like. Now if I could get there without semi-killing myself or my kidneys in the process, that would be something, huh?

17 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I hate to say it, but Utena was better than this

Well... do you think I could watch Nadia until episode 23 and then pretend the rest never happened? Not really, right?

Edited by majestic
  • Like 3

Lady Asuka, episode 8:

That's the first one I wasn't actively bored in, but Madame du Barry threatens to cut Lady Asuka's "pretty face" for not helping her get into Marie Antoinette's good graces now that the Louis XV is dying of smallpox. Lady Asuka just walks close enough to have the dagger actually cut her face, then Madame du Barry runs away. Asuka, we get it, you're not girly, please...

Anyway, the rest of the episode was fine. The countess is banished to a cloister after the dying king wants absolution from a priest. Lady Asuka escorts her long enough to make sure that there's no ambush. Narrator lady helpfully spoils her fate: Execution in the trials following the revolution.

It was... fine. No, really. No stupid action, some decent character interactions and the drama of the king dying and the sycophants all weasling over to the new king was enjoyable enough to watch. Next episode seems to have a hefty dose of sisterly love (of the "die you biatch" variety) between two side characters that so far had like five minutes of screentime. I'd be almost inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the preview already had whippings and fire, so that'll probably be boring again. :yes:

edit:

Right, chocolate, I don't really know. I don't eat enough of the stuff, only bits here and there, and that didn't have any adverse effects. I very much prefer gummy bears as my go-to unhealthy suger bomb snack stuff.

edit 2:

For some reason my typing skills seem to be slowly dying. How... unfortunate.

edit 3:

And those screenshots of Nadia look really, like bad. Really bad.

Edited by majestic
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, majestic said:

Right, chocolate, I don't really know. I don't eat enough of the stuff, only bits here and there, and that didn't have any adverse effects. I very much prefer gummy bears as my go-to unhealthy suger bomb snack stuff.

Why not chocolate covered gummy bears?

products-Koppers-Chocolate-Covered-Gummy

Stare into the face of death

• Gasp! 1

Well, that's more disturbing than Mari, unless that's not an actual gummy bear and just some chocolate with a jelly filling, because that's quite good... but it really just looks like a gummy bear dipped in chocolate. :x

Just now, majestic said:

Well, that's more disturbing than Mari, unless that's not an actual gummy bear and just some chocolate with a jelly filling, because that's quite good... but it really just looks like a gummy bear dipped in chocolate. :x

They're real. And actually ok, almost like chocolate with fruit. Better than most of the chocolate covered novelty stuff. 

• Hmmm 1

27 minutes ago, majestic said:

Asuka, we get it, you're not girly, please...

Oh yeah, she just sounds so cool, relatable, and likeable.

30 minutes ago, majestic said:

gummy bears

tMQRx5h.gif
Possibly the very worst kind of sugary snack.

Spoiler

mpc-hc64_uZkQkDFT0T.png

36 minutes ago, majestic said:

And those screenshots of Nadia look really, like bad. Really bad.

Yeah, honestly, the one SuperS episode probably look better than that episode did. It was really bad.

• Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Ee9orcoUYAAr7zI.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Oh yeah, she just sounds so cool, relatable, and likeable.

Yeah, she keeps on shonen on... heh. I won't get better before the director change, I think, and it's unclear if it does afterwards. I'm always open to be surprised, of course. Yes, that's me grasping at straws here, 32 episodes left. ;(

Are you sure you didn't mix up worst and best here? It sure reads like you're a man of indistinguished taste, and that can't possibly be it. :yes:

;)

Yeah, honestly, the one SuperS episode probably look better than that episode did. It was really bad.

3b3d94fcc48a618a37aa23abb702b3384abe2665

18 hours ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

They're real. And actually ok, almost like chocolate with fruit. Better than most of the chocolate covered novelty stuff.

I don't know, I somehow expect chocolate covered gummy bears to be crunchy on the outside and chewy gummy on the inside, and that just... feels unpleasant in my mouth before even trying it. Taste might really be okay, not sure about the experience of eating it.

What I also like is chocolate filled with fruit flavored sugar creme (marshmellowish fillings), like these: https://heindl.co.at/produkt/suesse-fruchtis/ - and yes, that's really very different from biting into a gummy bear, but eh, if I ever come across chocolate covered ones, I'll be sure to try them.

Eh... but eating regular chocolate or stuff that's mostly chocolate, yeah, no. That's just not for me. :)

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1