Anime - Kono Dio Da!

Amentep

39 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least, it is true that man has no control, even over his own will.

Would you like fries with that?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

32 minutes ago, majestic said:

Would you like fries with that?

Only if it's not the bits.

• Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Steins;Gate 0 15 and 16 I think.

Okarin grabs a melty green banana, Mayushii gets sad, and Daru confesses his "moe moe kyun" feelings for his cosplay gf. I like the show well enough, but with the finale coming up I'm hoping more conspiracy stuff happens.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

4 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Steins;Gate 0 15 and 16 I think.

Okarin grabs a melty green banana, Mayushii gets sad, and Daru confesses his "moe moe kyun" feelings for his cosplay gf. I like the show well enough, but with the finale coming up I'm hoping more conspiracy stuff happens.

You are getting there. Not many episodes left. Remember the last one is the Valentine's special.

Btw

Spoiler

When did they tell Faris about all the time traveling? She looks at that picture with Suzuha and her mother, clearly decades older. And she doesn't find it strange?

Come on Faris, think!

162446.gif

sign.jpg

Google says that's Justy Euki Tylor from The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Right, then. Meanwhile, I can't figure out what KP's is from at a glance because approximately a billion different people have used it for their avatars across many different platforms and it's too much work to sort through that crap.

I would also like to point out that I'm the only one that changed my avatar in good faith - the rest of these cretins did it just to troll you and/or simply follow the leader, @majestic, :yes:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Google says that's Justy Euki Tylor from The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Right, then. Meanwhile, I can't figure out what KP's is from at a glance because approximately a billion different people have used it for their avatars across many different platforms and it's too much work to sort through that crap.

I would also like to point out that I'm the only one that changed my avatar in good faith - the rest of these cretins did it just to troll you and/or simply follow the leader, @majestic, :yes:.

All hail the great Bartimaeus! Our bastion and shield against terrible anime.

KP's is Guts from Berserk.

edit: You didn't say where mine was from. :(

Edited by Sarex
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

13 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Come on Faris, think!

Cats don't need to think.

13 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Wait what happened?

We have broken into the anti-universe. 

6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Meanwhile, I can't figure out what KP's is from at a glance because approximately a billion different people have used it for their avatars across many different platforms and it's too much work to sort through that crap.

You will figure it out when the laws of causality deem it time.

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I would like to preface this post by saying that some of you guys inadvertently shot yourself in the foot trying to be funny, but before I'm beginning to excessively talk about my second most favorite topic besides Sailor Moon, namely myself*, let me agree with @Bartimaeus here, and he can feel left out by any "you"s in the following paragraphs. @Amentep can do that too, because his avatar change happened in parallel and not in response to this thread (or at least I will give him the benefit of the doubt). I'll do my best and try to take your trolling as good natured fun, and not as mean spirited, however I expected more of you.

No, scratch that, after the past few pages of Faris GIF spam, I didn't. Cretins, the lot of you. Fie! FIE! :p

Disclaimer: The above is a good natured joke. Like your avatars. At least you guys don't feel a weird brain itch, probably just some twang of remorse. Sumimasen!

So and now for the part that you can probably gloss over because it could potentially get into TL;DR territory. I'll put it in spoiler tags for formatting (and for the off-chance that Bruno clicks on the thread, I doubt he could be bothered to look through any spoilers).

Spoiler

So, where to start. I was serious when I said that avatar changes bother me, at least when it is people I regularily interact with. However, you assumed that being bothered by an avatar change is something at the very least additive, but that's an error on your part. It's not additive, nor multiplicative, nor either with diminishing returns.

The weird feeling that something is wrong comes from any amount of change in what should be an unchanging fixture. That part I need to stress too, because someone leaving a door open doesn't bother me. The function of a door is to open and close. The function of an avatar is - as etched in my brain - to represent someone. If that happens long enough, that association becomes permanent. If someone now suddenly shows up with a different avatar I have the same reaction that I do when someone moves (or worse, changes) their furniture. It looks wrong, it feels off. It's hard to explain.

I'd normally not subject you to this particular tripe, but hey, you more than earned it:

It's time coded so the exposure is limited, but something is wrong, and not just because this is actually terrible. Dear Fod, I watched 12 seasons of this because I couldn't not do it, and you guys change avatars on me for fun.

It takes a couple of days for the change to sink in, and afterwards it's fine. The amount of wrong is not proportional to the amount of change though. It doesn't get more or less depending on how large or minute a change there is, any change that bothers me causes that bothersome feeling of weirdness. I'm not sure I get my point across, but let's take redecorating as an example. If I would visit a friend and notice that they shifted all his pictures on the wall around that would feel wrong, in the same way it would if they had thrown out all of their furniture and replaced it with something else.

TL;DR: Nice try, but it's not doing what you thought it would. @Sarex' avatar is offensive on a whole different level, so he's the only one of you who managed to troll me in some way. Good job, I guess.

*According to the hokum that my birth horoscope is, I should try to not talk about myself too much. Reading this thread one could actually get the idea that I'm actually doing that, but it's just something that readily comes up, not something sought out. Astrology is still hokum. What a surprise. :shrugz:

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

@majestic It was done as a good natured jest, at least on my part. I couldn't believe KP didn't make her his avatar, but I was willing to pick up the torch. Don't fear it's not permanent, if I can dig out the owl from my drive.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

15 minutes ago, Sarex said:

@majestic It was done as a good natured jest, at least on my part. I couldn't believe KP didn't make her his avatar, but I was willing to pick up the torch. Don't fear it's not permanent, if I can dig out the owl from my drive.

Yeah, I know. I re-worded that post a good amount of times to take the edge out of it, if you feel like it's still in there, that was only semi-intentional. I'm also not expecting anyone to be considerate towards my weird sensitivities. That's entirely unreasonable. It just is what it is. It's not like I can help it, weird hardwiring is weird.

11 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Definitely just for fun on my part. I didn't even choose an offensive picture. I was already considering changing my avatar for a while and even had this picture ready.

As for the Faris gif spam... while not intented as offensive, that is entirely on me.:shrugz:

Okay, I think I need to edit my post. That seems to come across as much crasser than it was supposed to.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Sorry @majestic, it was only meant as a joke. And you don't need to worry about how it came across since you aren't the one who started this.:p

It's okay, really. This is just what happens when after a really long and highly annoying workday I can't keep up appearances any more. Welcome to the real me. Or at least, a part of it. The last couple of weeks really threw me for a loop for a lot of reasons, and there's no end in sight for now. :)

Edited by majestic
I also apparently lose my ability to make the words go. Spelling takes brainage.
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Sarex said:

This was much more work then anticipated...

@majestic hope you feel better man.

Yeah, a couple of months back, I changed my avatar to Kyubey, not only did I have to manually edit the base image because the editing and uploading process didn't work as it should, I also needed to switch browsers to make it work, only to then notice that I can't stand looking at a new avatar (much less Kyubey, of all things) and switched back, only to notice that it was impossible to make good old Blue Hair look like he did before.

Bad forum software is bad. :yes:

26 minutes ago, Sarex said:

@majestic hope you feel better man.

Wee. No Mari in each thread improves things a lot, so thanks. :p

Edited by majestic
Wrote "to make it go", I really think it's time for today to be over.
  • Like 1

Also, I need to reiterate this, there's nothing to be done about the issue itself, so if you want to change avatars at any given point, just do it. Don't think twice on my account. :)

God damn forum.

48 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I couldn't believe KP didn't make her his avatar, but I was willing to pick up the torch.

While Mari posting is funny, I thought it would be too on the nose and expected. It came down to evil smile Guts, Cassidy from Preacher, or DIO.

37 minutes ago, majestic said:

It's okay, really. This is just what happens when after a really long and highly annoying workday I can't keep up appearances any more. Welcome to the real me. Or at least, a part of it. The last couple of weeks really threw me for a loop for a lot of reasons, and there's no end in sight for now. :)

Don't worry about it, stuff happens. I like most of yall and I don't think anyone here does anything maliciously. If we wanted that we'd go into political threads or the food thread.

While your post did get me to change the avi from Iggy, I'd wanted to do it for a few days. Looking at a black and white dog is not something I'm keen on right now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:
  Hide contents

While your post did get me to change the avi from Iggy, I'd wanted to do it for a few days. Looking at a black and white dog is not something I'm keen on right now

Spoiler

To be honest I was surprised you didn't change it earlier. I had a paragraph in mind about the subject and your avatar change for the long post thing, but I kind of forgot. Again, my condolences. :(

1 minute ago, majestic said:

Reveal hidden contents

To be honest I was surprised you didn't change it earlier. I had a paragraph in mind about the subject and your avatar change for the long post thing, but I kind of forgot. Again, my condolences. :(

Don't worry about it, tbh I didn't really notice until yesterday because I've mostly been phone posting and the avatars are tiny there.

• Like 1

I guess my next venture into all things anime is going to be either Attack on Titan or Elfen Lied. I think I'll flip a coin.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Gorth said:

I guess my next venture into all things anime is going to be either Attack on Titan or Elfen Lied. I think I'll flip a coin.

The coin got lost, so it's time for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, majestic said:

@Amentep can do that too, because his avatar change happened in parallel and not in response to this thread (or at least I will give him the benefit of the doubt). 

I changed my avatar last week.

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man