I forgot that descending from certain places in the Beast of Winter DLC area will cause injury without it. Goddamn! I had to waste 6 Luminous Adra potions. As a result, my no rest run is in real jeopardy, because I only have 2 left. (Early on, I kept forgetting to pop wardstones, so I wasted a ton.)

Lesson: People should mention quick items and other utility gear you need at all times when listing their builds - not just equipment. Otherwise newbs like me waste 100-plus-hours of progress! ;)

Edited by Lampros

Oh, as an auxiliary question: How do people generally handle Sigils? I found that it's not always possible to destroy them on the first turn before they trigger. So I need wardstones. Now, are you supposed to pop them all when you acquire them? I thought about doing that, but I was afraid I'd make a mistake and need to rest eventually. So I've been hoarding them and destroying sigils and popping only when I cannot destroy them on the first turn.

20 hours ago, Lampros said:

Oh, as an auxiliary question: How do people generally handle Sigils? I found that it's not always possible to destroy them on the first turn before they trigger. So I need wardstones. Now, are you supposed to pop them all when you acquire them? I thought about doing that, but I was afraid I'd make a mistake and need to rest eventually. So I've been hoarding them and destroying sigils and popping only when I cannot destroy them on the first turn.

In real time with pause, I like to run away from the sigil before it activates, into a chokepoint where I can abuse area of effect spells. You might have trouble with your slower initiative characters in turnbased mode though! The other thing I like to do is use spells like Delayed Fireball in order to deal massive damage to enemies (and sigils!) before combat begins.

19 hours ago, Lampros said:

Ah, thanks for reassuring me! I am not sure I can handle Belranga though - we shall see! ;)

I believe in you :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldCookies said:

In real time with pause, I like to run away from the sigil before it activates, into a chokepoint where I can abuse area of effect spells. You might have trouble with your slower initiative characters in turnbased mode though! The other thing I like to do is use spells like Delayed Fireball in order to deal massive damage to enemies (and sigils!) before combat begins.

I believe in you :)

I did notice that scroll nuking them works reliably - provided I have at least 2 characters using scrolls. Very few things survive two scroll casts of end-game nukes.

Thanks for your belief, but I bet I fail multiple times to begin with! ;)

On 11/28/2020 at 7:25 AM, Lampros said:

Oh, as an auxiliary question: How do people generally handle Sigils? I found that it's not always possible to destroy them on the first turn before they trigger.

i pull enemies back away from the sigils they are huddling around, and then later just nuke the sigils outside of combat. it's very rare where i actually have to deal with sigils in combat.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, thelee said:

i pull enemies back away from the sigils they are huddling around, and then later just nuke the sigils outside of combat. it's very rare where i actually have to deal with sigils in combat.

That's what I do as well. The only time when I get hit with sigil curses is when I am careless, and let characters stray too close to sigils in combat.

Same. Taking out the sigils after the fights is so much more convenient: your resources refill nearly instantly and your attacks won't break stealth (your recovery is -85%) which speeds up the process considerably - even if you can only scratch the sigil with your attacks. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Like has been said, nukes are nice to get rid of them. If you cast a nice aoe, you may even kill some enemies in the process.

They have considerable HP, so high level high damage nukes are nice... or lasting effects, like the Freezing Pillar.

Edited by Haplok