AI SCRIPTING ANSWERS & RESOURCES (work in progress)

1 hour ago, mjo2138 said:

Is there a way to AI script wizards so that they cast dangerous spells (such as fireball, chillfog) only onto enemy mobs, without hitting allies? 

Even if possible, It will be very unreliable. There are two conditions that could kinda work: Target: Allies in Melee Range > 1 and Target: Enemies in Melee Range > 0 (not). Together they could be used to find a target with at least two allies (allies of the target, i.e. your enemies) close to it and where there are no your own party members around. But the problem is that Fireball is so slow to cast and by the time your wizard actually casts it, the situation might be completely different. Also, if the spell has a large area of effect it might still hurt your allies, even if the situation hasn't changed meanwhile.

I love to automate but I wouldn't give my scripts the power to cast fireballs. Such spells require precise positioning and timing.

With all that said, I haven't actually tried it. Maybe it could turn out to be not that suicidal in practice.

Edited by wih
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wih said:

Even if possible, It will be very unreliable. There are two conditions that could kinda work: Target: Allies in Melee Range > 1 and Target: Enemies in Melee Range > 0 (not). Together they could be used to find a target with at least two allies (allies of the target, i.e. your enemies) close to it and where there are no your own party members around. But the problem is that Fireball is so slow to cast and by the time your wizard actually casts it, the situation might be completely different. Also, if the spell has a large area of effect it might still hurt your allies, even if the situation hasn't changed meanwhile.

I love to automate but I wouldn't give my scripts the power to cast fireballs. Such spells require precise positioning and timing.

With all that said, I haven't actually tried it. Maybe it could turn out to be not that suicidal in practice.

Thank you for your response. Yeah it feels like  most aoe spells need to be microed, unless they are foe only such as combusting wounds. You are right how the battlefield is always shifting, so it is really hard to make an AI script which can account for all of that. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, mjo2138 said:

Is there a way to AI script wizards so that they cast dangerous spells (such as fireball, chillfog) only onto enemy mobs, without hitting allies? 

No, this is Friendly Fire and the Devs never created an option to turn this off. It makes it dangerous for the AI to use AOE spells for sure. I use a mod that turns off friendly fire, found it on nexusmods.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 6:43 AM, Gel214th said:

No, this is Friendly Fire and the Devs never created an option to turn this off. It makes it dangerous for the AI to use AOE spells for sure. I use a mod that turns off friendly fire, found it on nexusmods.

funnily, the FF of many spells and the poor AI around it also means that Confusion isn't as useful an affliction as it could be - enemy mages will happily nuke their own friends anyway.

• Like 1