Web-Comics

EnderAndrew

Anyone here read web-comics? I'm looking for a new good one. I'm bored, and read way too fast.

These are the comics I read daily.

Sluggy Freelance - www.sluggy.com

Player vs Player - www.pvponline.com

El Goonish Shive - www.elgoonishshive.com

Sinfest - www.sinfest.net

Real Life Comics - www.reallifecomics.com

General Protection Fault - www.gpf-comics.com

Chopping Block - www.choppingblock.com

Penny Arcade - www.penny-arcade.com

I used to read Liberty Meadows, and Dilbert as well, but I prefer comics where I can go back through the whole archive when I get bored.

I haven't touched Red Meat in a while either.

I don't read that many web comics, but have you ever watched those short Halo movies Red-Vs-Blue on their web page ? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I haven't watched them but I've heard good things.

I don't stream video at work since I can't have computer speakers. I need to remember to hit that site at home.

I can have a radio/CD player, but no computer speakers. Don't ask me.

I haven't watched them but I've heard good things.

I don't stream video at work since I can't have computer speakers. I need to remember to hit that site at home.

I can have a radio/CD player, but no computer speakers. Don't ask me.

Heh, our laptops at work have "speakers", but 2x0.25 watt isn't that impressive. And Red-Vs-Blue is all about hilarious dialogue :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh, and nodwick is quite funny too, unless you're a henchman...

http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/

The weekly Nodwick is just plain funny DnD self irony... :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's the time when I lost interest in Megatokyo as well. Not too mention the artist guy pisses me off.

I mean, take my favourite comic, Instant Classic(http://www.iccomics.com/), it gets updated sporadically. That's because this is a SIDE PROJECT of Brian Carrol. At the same time, he's also writing his own comic book called 'Checkers' which he's going to get published, he's in film school and has to write and direct several shorts per year(don't underestimate writing and directing, I recently wrote and directed my first short and it sucked because we underestimated how hard it was going to be), and as of recently, he also does another comic, called 'Trumpet Airlines'(http://www.trumpetairlines.com/). He has other things to do. But for the Megatokyo guy, it's his LIFE. He makes a living of it. He has no other job. Hell, judging by the fact that he's been on television on a documentary about 1337-speak of all things, he has no LIFE. Yet he never updates on time! In all aspects, he's a lazy f***ing bastard.

Megatokyo and PvP are great... the former is getting swallowed up in its own morass of subplots and characters though.

Lots of webcomic artists are either ones with full-time jobs or the younger ones in periods inbetween jobs. Then they either go with the job and kick the comic, do both...

or make a living out of the comic. :blink: