[Class Build] Please reccomend a ranged-sustained dps-martial-crit build.

4 hours ago, Haplok said:

Although if you multiclass with monk, you can get A LOT of Int from Duality of Mortal Body. Then again, a multiclass with a Sharpshooter isn't bad either.

If you multiclass with a Helwalker monk, which is a good choice for ranged builds particularly, you'll get a big boost to STR and INT, and the +10 STR with full wounds stacks with the +5 STR from thunderous blows. That's a nice 45% boost to damage from STR alone. A blunderbuss wielding Helwalker/rogue is tornado of destruction. 

6 hours ago, Haplok said:

And yes, you'll get the dual wielding penalty if you use dual weapons.

Small correction - or rather addition: there's only a penalty (-35% dmg) if you are executing a Full Attack. Primary- and auto-attacks don't get any penalty. 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

50 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

If you multiclass with a Helwalker monk, which is a good choice for ranged builds particularly, you'll get a big boost to STR and INT, and the +10 STR with full wounds stacks with the +5 STR from thunderous blows. That's a nice 45% boost to damage from STR alone. A blunderbuss wielding Helwalker/rogue is tornado of destruction. 

True. Although a ranger multiclass with Driving Flight attack bounces and huge Accuracy isn't half bad either.

Nope, they are not.

Mortars' AoE is the standard attack and transports all attack effects - such as blind from Blinding Strike, stun from Stunning Surge etc. Even damage over time like from Arterial Strike or Gouging Strike. Only exception: wouding shot (Ranger) does only work for the initial target for some odd reason. 

Frostseekers crit AoE is a secondary crit which doesn't do that. The effects of a special attack will only apply to the initial target. It has higher base dmg though iirc.

I don't remember if their base AoE sizes are similar or not. However, Frostseeker has a much higher range than mortars/bluderbusses. As mortar/bluderbuss user you have to be prepared to get attacked by melee guys every now and then. But some classes have very helpful mobility abilites like Escape, Evasive Roll etc. 

By the way: a Fighter can use Clear Out with mortars in the main hand if he also wears a melee weapon the the offhand. The result is quite hilarious since it's an AoE*AoE attack then (every AoE hit of Clear Out triggers an AoE attack of the mortar). If you have a Ranger/Fighter with Fire in the Hole you can trigger [AoEClear Out * (AoEFitH + AoEChain Shot + AoEDriving Flight)] hits rolls - which is bonkers.   

• Like 1

I tried Streetfighter/Barbarian and wasn't impressed. His acc is abysmally low.

blunderbus -10, distract -5 and he can't have perception inspiration because it will cancel out distract.

I'm still at the beginning of the game though. But I can't say I'm keen to continue with him.

Edited by mangamancer

Accuracy pentalies hurt a lot in the early game. Not so much later on. Also because you will debuff enemies defenses (and in case of mortars you only need to debuff reflex). A Blunderbuss has 4 chances to apply an affliction that might lower enemies defenses so the -10 ACC shouldn't be too bad. But I understand if the ACC maluses feel too annoying in the first levels to encourage a whole playthrough. 

I didn't recommend Streetfighter/Barbarian with blunderbusses though (at least I hope so). It may seem tempting because the recovery/reload bonus from Streetfighter and the action speed bonuses from Barb (Frenzy, Bloodlust) do stack - but Blood Thirst doesn't work with reloading weapons so that would be a no-go for me personally. Blood Thirst is one of the strongest arguments to bring a Barbarian as a second class imo. 

However, I like a Barbarian as second class if I focus on a St. Omaku's Mercy/Veilpiercer build. Usually with Ranger as first class (order of classes doesn't matter of course).

What works very well in terms of accuracy in the early game: Ranger/Paladin. I did a Bleak Walker/Arcane Archer with Spearcaster as main weapon. With Ring of Focused Flames + Flames of Devotions + Marked Prey + Arcana bonus *2 (Arcane Archer + Spearcaster) + Zealous Focus you already get 40+ bonus ACC pretty early in the game. +20 right from the start. 

By the way: all classes start with the same base ACC.

Edited by Boeroer

No, resistances don't stack. You either have it or not, but there are no tiers. Would have been cool, but it ain't so. I guess it was done on purpose so that you can't "emulate" immunities by stacking resistances. Or to not diminish the value of high defenses (which prevent catching a hostile effect in the first place).

That's why certain effects (on items or abilities) that grant immunities to afflictions or other hostile effects like interrupts can be very good. I mean resistances are also good, just not as good.  

Edited by Boeroer

Just a note about Frostseeker. Late-game rangers can do really amazing amounts of damage with it. Frostseeker gives a cold damage AOE on crit and shoots three projectiles per shot. With the Driving Flight passive and two enemies and decent player targeting, you're getting six projectiles per autoattack, with six chances to crit. The more your accuracy goes up, the more crits you're doing. My late game Frostseeker ranger was routinely getting six crits per autoattack, which meant six cold AoEs on top of the (small) damage from the six projectiles. Once you get Twinned Shot, it's 12 projectiles per attack. When firing into tightly-packed groups of enemies with high accuracy, the damage is breathtaking. It's not as powerful out of the box as hand mortars can be, but it's very strong.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2020 at 9:42 AM, Haplok said:

Monks are great. Nalpasca is considered the strongest subclass.

But personally I don't like the consumable-reliant drug-monk. YMMV.

Also using Tuotilo's Palm makes sense, particularly when you need better defenses. Or focus on Primary (main hand) special attacks. But I wouldn't necessarily use it all the time, depending on build and encounter.

What about Shattered Pillar?