The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Expansion Pack

Imminent-ish.  Microsoft's Xbox showcase is still three days away.

The only clue that the site redesign seems willing to give up is that some of the new web assets now have the prefix "inx".

Any guesses?  Inquisition?  Ion Exchange?  INXS (with a silent s)?

edit: or.... it could simply be "Indiana Expansion" like Infinitron pointed out....

Edited by Ethics Gradient

1 hour ago, Ethics Gradient said:

Imminent-ish.  Microsoft's Xbox showcase is still three days away.

The only clue that the site redesign seems willing to give up is that some of the new web assets now have the prefix "inx".

Any guesses?  Inquisition?  Ion Exchange?  INXS (with a silent s)?

Indiana Expansion. As in Project Indiana, the game's original codename.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, all four images are about Adrena-Time. I wonder if that means the expansion is going to be about a quest to shut down its production or something. If you pay attention in Emerald Vale, the game heavily implies that the marauders you encounter throughout the game are deranged Adrena-Time addicts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, WDeranged said:

Looks great.  I loved Outer Worlds but I'll bet performance will be just like the base game.  Constant stuttering and streaming issues 😐

Game runs great for me--on a PC.  Ryzen 9 3900X; RX-5700XT.

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

Looks impressive...!  First I've heard of it--they aren't spending a lot to promote it, apparently.  Still can't figure out why they don't release on GOG--my EGS version is copy-protect, DRM free--play right from the executable and mod the game--which is the only way to play computer games, imo.

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

On 7/31/2020 at 6:56 AM, Infinitron said:

We have a name for the second expansion - Murder on Eridanos: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/30/the-outer-worlds-peril-on-gorgon-expansion/

Seems like Obsidian were in the mood for mystery-themed expansions.

Very nice!   I wonder what sort of engine/texture improvements they'll shoehorn in with these...

3 hours ago, comaprison said:

Will the DLCs be compatible with existing save files, or will it require starting a new save?

The DLCs are almost definitely going to be like Pillars 1/2 and thus you can load the "Just before endgame" save and then fly to the DLC planet. If you haven't even gotten that far, then yes you should just be able to load your game and head straight there. As I understand it, you'll have to be past Monarch IIRC in order to go to the DLC world.

• 2 weeks later...