Armor Restriction/Force Powers

the first post says that vader's armor withstood a blaster shot or something but I always asumed this was him using the force to absorb the blaster shot and it wasnt the armor/life support system he was wearing but i might be wrong thats just what i think

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

As far as I could see the powers which Vader used are all ones that work in armour. The ones he didn't use (eg lightning) are ones that don't work in armour.

I do think the armour restriction is illogical though. It is sufficent restriction for a jedi to have to use valuable feats to be able to use armour, especialy if wearing armour also caused the loss of thier defence bonus.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Clearly, if a Jedi could simply cast off blaster bolts with the Force, he or she wouldn't need to learn how to deflect them with a lightsaber.

I think Vader was just wearing some really esoteric, snazzy armor.

But another reason I don't like amor restrictions is that it limited your appearance to the Jedi bath robes, which looked bad on the male characters and horrible on the female characters. I know, it's a silly problem, but I'd like my heroes to look the part.

Clearly, if a Jedi could simply cast off blaster bolts with the Force, he or she wouldn't need to learn how to deflect them with a lightsaber.

I think Vader was just wearing some really esoteric, snazzy armor.

But another reason I don't like amor restrictions is that it limited your appearance to the Jedi bath robes, which looked bad on the male characters and horrible on the female characters.  I know, it's a silly problem, but I'd like my heroes to look the part.

Have you seen the new jedi robe in the recient screenshots?

I played through KotOR with an armour wearing light side Guardian, just selecting force powers that worked with armour. Didn't have any problems.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Oh, I have seen the new Jedi robes- very cool.

I know you could get through the game wearing armor; I'd just like to have all my powers too!

That's what I mean, I chose only powers that worked with armour.

If armour hinders a Jedi from using his/her force powers, shouldn't armor then protect people from Jedi's trying to use the force on them?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Here is the way I see it. Jedi are about dexterity, speed and acrobatics while Sith (at least more so) are about brute force and strength. This is a much easier concept to think about when you forget about Darth Maul (who was only as fast and acrobatic as he was because Lucas wanted to recruit and acrobat/stunt man to make a bad-ass fight scene).

Even though it didn't make the most sense, I never really minded the armor restrictions on some powers. Whenever I had a guardian I never wanted to use any of the armor restricted powers anyway so it didn't really matter. When you're dealing with brute force like that, everyone would save against your force attacks anyway, so why bother in the first place?

But I absolutely agree with the strength modifiers to attack. I have never understood that. I think strength should modify DAMAGE, but dexterity should modify ATTACK as well as defense. Of course, any kicks or punches thrown in there could still work on the strength modifiers or as proposed above.

But that brings me to my next point: Why does strength have anything to do with rolls to hit or damage when you're talking about a lightsaber? The blade is pure energy and it cuts through pretty much anything. I think lightsabers should be ALL dexterity.

Don't get me wrong though. Despite the complaints KOTOR was still a great game. These are just areas for improvement. The devs shouldn't be afraid to move away from the D&D system a little bit and change it to really fit the Star Wars Universe.

Oh, I have seen the new Jedi robes- very cool.

I know you could get through the game wearing armor; I'd just like to have all my powers too!

That's what I mean, I chose only powers that worked with armour.

I meant I should be able to choose any powers, and they should work with armor. I just think armor restriction is ridiculous. Why force players to wear Jedi robes? It's symbolic, not utilitarian. I should be able to wear whatever I want. How about coming up with some other thing to sacrifice is all I'm saying.

Here is the way I see it. Jedi are about dexterity, speed and acrobatics while Sith (at least more so) are about brute force and strength. This is a much easier concept to think about when you forget about Darth Maul (who was only as fast and acrobatic as he was because Lucas wanted to recruit and acrobat/stunt man to make a bad-ass fight scene).

Even though it didn't make the most sense, I never really minded the armor restrictions on some powers. Whenever I had a guardian I never wanted to use any of the armor restricted powers anyway so it didn't really matter. When you're dealing with brute force like that, everyone would save against your force attacks anyway, so why bother in the first place?

But I absolutely agree with the strength modifiers to attack. I have never understood that. I think strength should modify DAMAGE, but dexterity should modify ATTACK as well as defense. Of course, any kicks or punches thrown in there could still work on the strength modifiers or as proposed above.

But that brings me to my next point: Why does strength have anything to do with rolls to hit or damage when you're talking about a lightsaber? The blade is pure energy and it cuts through pretty much anything. I think lightsabers should be ALL dexterity.

Don't get me wrong though. Despite the complaints KOTOR was still a great game. These are just areas for improvement. The devs shouldn't be afraid to move away from the D&D system a little bit and change it to really fit the Star Wars Universe.

We all know that it's possible to get through the game quite easily using non armor restrictive powers. I think it'd be more interesting to be able to use any of them with armor on, that's all.

I totally agree with what you're saying about Strength and Dex. That didn't make any sense to me in the game.