On 2/9/2024 at 9:37 AM, SenSx said:

Ok thanks.

Do you plan to make other changes that will only be effective on new characters ? 

I'm hesitant to start a new game or wait.

New version availble,

Mostly addressing Wild Mind and Biting Whip reworks, so feel free to test them.

Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

By the way, Wild Mind works with existing save by re-adding the "ability" by console command.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Probably unexpected but balanced consequence: tactician/caster can be worse than before even if the battlefield is completely under control, as hard CC can make enemies immune to engagement for a moment, the free brilliant can break every now and then, so the tactician may never get their high tier spells back without phantom foes/perception afflictions.

I don't think this is a problem since they get brilliant way too easily against few enemies. just an interesting observation.

1 hour ago, yorname said:

Probably unexpected but balanced consequence: tactician/caster can be worse than before even if the battlefield is completely under control, as hard CC can make enemies immune to engagement for a moment, the free brilliant can break every now and then, so the tactician may never get their high tier spells back without phantom foes/perception afflictions.

I don't think this is a problem since they get brilliant way too easily against few enemies. just an interesting observation.

Worse than before due to what ? Hard CC ? But there has always been hard CC, ney ?

Or worse due to having to wait for 3s for the first spell regen and 15s for the first high tier regen ?

17 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Worse than before due to what ? Hard CC ? But there has always been hard CC, ney ?

Or worse due to having to wait for 3s for the first spell regen and 15s for the first high tier regen ?

I mean the high tier spells, for example when I used Gaze of Adragon against Dorudugan the flanking frequently dropped and the cycle broke several times
. It didn't really matter since 9s is not too long, but I imagine if a similar cycle requires tier 7-9 spells it can be tricky.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 11:54 AM, phanhaiminhkun said:

So there is a bug with Blackjacket Rapid Recovery. When I pick up this talent, it gives me both Rapid Recovery and Constant Recovery.

Blackjacket double recovery.png

I encountered this bug in my own game (without Balance Polishing Mod installed) and might've found a way to fix it without editing the base progression tables. In the attached file, I appended a blank ability when Rapid Recovery is picked for the Black Jacket subclass, specifying Constant Recovery to be removed.

Feel free to use @Elric Galad!

EDIT: Ah, Constant Recovery came back after I leveled up again. My fix doesn't solve that unfortunately, so it's back to the drawing board. Just for transparency, the bug is caused by Black Jacket's Constant Recovery having an incorrect check for the base fighter's Rapid Recovery instead of the subclass modified version inside the progression table.

Edited by Testlum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, yorname said:

Do you think Forbidden Fist (ability) need a minor nerf from CM version? It's effectively a fist attack, so imo should be treated like other weapon abilities in terms of PL scaling - no bonus accuracy.

It doesnt' take Dual Wield into account, so PL compensate for that. Favors Sword & Boards but that's FF concept to be more defensive anyway.

It has a pseudo cooldown which limits its use but rewards High RES. I won't nerf something that favors RES.

Honnestly, I think it is fine granted how harder it is to generate wounds with FF (not that hard, just harder).

9 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

It doesnt' take Dual Wield into account, so PL compensate for that. Favors Sword & Boards but that's FF concept to be more defensive anyway.

It has a pseudo cooldown which limits its use but rewards High RES. I won't nerf something that favors RES.

Honnestly, I think it is fine granted how harder it is to generate wounds with FF (not that hard, just harder).

It does benefit from DW though, that's why it's so OP. You can wear the heaviest armor, have decent INT and still deliver a deadly punch every 2-3 seconds. Holding Tuolio's Palm a FF gets all the benifits from a shield but always attacks with the main weapon at DW speed. Even PL scaling for damage and accuracy on top as if it's not enough.

Even though I do think the ability is OP, my petition is mainly for consistency rather than balance. Some weapon abilities have a fixed bonus accuracy, but not from PL scaling. Given that a character needs to "build" a high RES around the map, combined with the scaling of fists and the healing, it also makes FF too reliant on leveling and game progress, more than it needs to be imo. At low levels a FF misses a lot and the healing barely covers the DoT yet can't reliably get wounds for other abilities, while later they are simply too good.

A missed FF attack still gets the debuff, so nerfing the accuracy won't diminish their survivability. Their playstyle is one-dimensional but is by far the most tanky monk subclass and probably the best for single target damage. There are things that other monks can do but a FF will never be able to do, but in 95% cases FF can single-handedly handle the fight with an one-entry script. I think making the nerf will still leave them on the OP side of all classed.

4 hours ago, yorname said:

Do you think Forbidden Fist (ability) need a minor nerf from CM version? It's effectively a fist attack, so imo should be treated like other weapon abilities in terms of PL scaling - no bonus accuracy.

Okay no acc or PEN PL scaling makes sense for consistency matter. 

I get why Damages scaling is a bit too good, but it still requires a bit of work and is consistent with other active abilities. 

Yeah damage scaling is already consistent, having to do completely normal punches to gain 1 resource seems too bad, even by Shattered Pillar standard.

Do you think it can have a fixed bonus accuracy and/or PEN? Will help greatly with early game but no real impact (or slight nerf) for late game.

On 2/11/2024 at 3:03 PM, Elric Galad said:

New version availble,

Mostly addressing Wild Mind and Biting Whip reworks, so feel free to test them.

Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

By the way, Wild Mind works with existing save by re-adding the "ability" by console command.

Nice rework of the biting whip, a much tougher choice now. Personally I modded the biting whip to be a + x % weapon damage as a function of your current focus. Thus, a soulblade is not required to just spam SA in order to maximize damage. Also encourages to use weapon attacks and cipher spells. I think obsidian missed the opportunity to use your focus pool more as an empowering resource, such as they did with shared nightmare.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have slightly updated the french translation again for the last update, I will list the change in french for more confort, sorry for the invonvenience.

- J'ai finalement changé temps de rechargement par délai de réutilisation: car j'ai par curiosité lancé Tyranny pour voir quelle traduction avait été choisie, et il s'agit de délai de réutilisation, donc j'ai préféré gardé ce terme par cohérence même si le titre est certes dissocié. Après libre à toi Elric de remettre temps de rechargement si tu le préfères.

- J'ai écrit le mot secondes en toute lettres sur certaines description, le s tout seul ne rendait pas très bien je trouve.

- J'ai enlevé une coquille que j'avais laissé en anglais.

I will host the files on the next posts.

I will probably start my new playthough with the CP and BPM.

Thanks again Eric for that amazing mod, rogue are always my favorite class and RPG, and it was obvious it was lacking love in this game, you made it justice hope it will be fun !

Edited by SenSx
  • Like 1

Btw I'm making a trickster /Soulblade and I'm a bit lost with the whip ability choice now.

I don't really understand which one I should choose depending of what I want.

I have always chosen draining whip because it has always been superior.

Now I don't know anymore, my cipher isn't really focused on cipher spell: just borrowed instinct, blind, and ancestor memory, when needed.

He just uses Soul annhilation the rest of the time for dps.

Thanks

6 hours ago, SenSx said:

Btw I'm making a trickster /Soulblade and I'm a bit lost with the whip ability choice now.

I don't really understand which one I should choose depending of what I want.

I have always chosen draining whip because it has always been superior.

Now I don't know anymore, my cipher isn't really focused on cipher spell: just borrowed instinct, blind, and ancestor memory, when needed.

He just uses Soul annhilation the rest of the time for dps.

Thanks

New biting Whip compared to Draining Whip :

+20% raw lash damages 

Only 62,5% of focus per damages compared to DW. But since you do ~120% damages, you generate 75% focus. 

Soul annihilation bonus damages get x1.33 special multiplicator. Which compensate lower focus generation. 

So in a nutshell BW vs DW :

x1.2 weapon damages

x0.75 focus

x1 soul annihilation bonus damages. 

I your case, BW feels the better choices, but DW would give you more versatility. 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Elric.

So BW is the dps option now with 20% more damage (especially for soulblade with 33% damage), that still generates more focus than before (it always does with dps) but still not as much as DW.

DW is still the focus option, 25% better in that regard then BW.

I'll indeed go for BW for the first time in my life in PoE 2 😆

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 9:31 PM, SenSx said:

Hello,

I have slightly updated the french translation again for the last update, I will list the change in french for more confort, sorry for the invonvenience.

- J'ai finalement changé temps de rechargement par délai de réutilisation: car j'ai par curiosité lancé Tyranny pour voir quelle traduction avait été choisie, et il s'agit de délai de réutilisation, donc j'ai préféré gardé ce terme par cohérence même si le titre est certes dissocié. Après libre à toi Elric de remettre temps de rechargement si tu le préfères.

- J'ai écrit le mot secondes en toute lettres sur certaines description, le s tout seul ne rendait pas très bien je trouve.

- J'ai enlevé une coquille que j'avais laissé en anglais.

I will host the files on the next posts.

I will probably start my new playthough with the CP and BPM.

Thanks again Eric for that amazing mod, rogue are always my favorite class and RPG, and it was obvious it was lacking love in this game, you made it justice hope it will be fun !

Sounds great !

Did you start from the current version files ?

Don't hesitate to tell me when you start working on these files, so we don't work on them in parallel. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Elric,

I have a suggestion:

Is it possible to change Holy Radiance cooldown to be a full ability on cooldown only instead of being per combat use as well with 999 uses (editable though) ?

I mean just like the Spirit Shift of the druid, only the 90 secs cooldown ?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 9:16 AM, SenSx said:

Is it possible to change Holy Radiance cooldown to be a full ability on cooldown only instead of being per combat use as well with 999 uses (editable though) ?

I mean just like the Spirit Shift of the druid, only the 90 secs cooldown ?

Technically, no, it isn't possible.

I tried. It failed. That's why it is the way it is.

Why would have done such a weird design if there were an alternative 😉 ?

Edit : to be more specific, it is because Spiritshift is a modal that it works. Holy Radiance is the holy class bound ability that isn't a modal and should be given infinite use : this specifically doesn't work, hence the x999 uses per encounter which mimics its gameplay. 

Edited by Elric Galad