Hello folks,

I know Versus Evil did the port for console and Obsidian isn't in charge and no one will read this here from official site, but I will report all here reported bugs to Versus Evil.

Feel free to post your found bugs here or directly on Versus Evils Discord channel.

I do this because Deadfire on PS4 ir console in general is filled with bugs and we have to report them to get them hopefully properly fixed !

I opened this thread for all PS4 Bugs that occure while you are playing.

I will post here when I reported a bug.

Please get sure that you have the latest update installed.

Please describe SHORT what happened and use the following format.

Mode: Real time with Pause(RtwP), Turn Based(TB) or both

When: Does this bug occure always or just if you have made something special before

What: Please give a short but detailed description about what happened 

I hope this thread gets rolling !

Greetings Dyxx 

22 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe this should go to the technical support subforum where all the other bug reports are?

Technically you are right but I assume I can reach more people here if there is even anyone still around.

But I'm fine if one of the mods puts it there

I'm new to these forums; I tried to check out the technical support subforum but I couldn't figure out where to post my problems. If anyone can help me out with that, please let me know; meanwhile...

Mode: Turn Based(TB) 

When: Both began to occur after the most recent patch

What: 

1. Background sounds continue playing even after leaving the area. For example: When exploring an island, you normally hear the sound of birds chirping, right? Well, when I get back on my ship or enter another location, the bird chirping sounds continue, on top of whatever new background sounds and music are now playing. I have to close the application and restart the game to make it stop.

2. I cannot save or load. The only option when I hit the "Options" key on the controller is QUIT. This is happening more and more. The only way to fix it, again, is to close the application and restart the game. 

Considering how long the load screens take (1-2 minutes for me), this is pretty frustrating. It's quite annoying to have to restart the game, anywhere from every 5-20 minutes...

3. Forgot about another recent bug. Sometimes, when I enter or exit a new area, the keyboard comes up, as if I'm supposed to name something.

Edited by CuriousArtemis
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

@CuriousArtemis I have reported your first two bugs to the official PoE2 Discord channel from Versus Evil.

Your third bug:

There are unnamed islands in the game, when you clear and leave the du gen there, you have to give it a name.

So this may not be a bug but working as intended ?

There is a quest for it you can get it from the cartographer I  Queens Berth

Greetings Dyxx 

• Thanks 1

@CuriousArtemis ok that's strange then ! Never happened to me at any stage of the game but I never played TB.

I reported it too now.

Under all three reports I mentioned that you have reported it here first, so you know that I don't "claim" those bugs to be found by myself.

Thank you for reporting here and I hope that more people will post their reports here when they found bugs cause it's still a way to go.

Greetings Dyxx 

Edited by Dyxx
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello! On PS4, the game Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire crashes in almost every battle. When is the next update planned? It is impossible to play !!! Will there be compensation for players participating in this beta test ??? I submit error reports to the support team Sony every day.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know how to recover Beraths Blessings.

I was playing fine with them then lost a save file to corruption. Deleted the file, reloaded the game and now I don't have access to them anymore at all.

No old saves to download as I had just come back to the game.

I thought they were linked to achievements? If that's the case how do I get them back? I've nearly waited a year to come back to playing this only to find out it's still having issues... 😓

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tencatta said:

Not sure this thread is long enough for all the bugs in the PS4 version - or while waiting for levels to load to check bugs.

Even if VS EVIL did the port, would be nice to see these fixed and answered.

To be exact, VSE is the publisher of the port, but it's a small company called Grip Digital that "handled" the port. https://www.grip-digital.com/portfolio

1 hour ago, thelee said:

is deadfire on console essentially abandoned by vs evil? i haven't heard much about patching from vs evil. which is a shame, becuase on PC it's pretty much as stable as can be for games of this genre IMO.

Not exactly, but they sure did they take their sweet time with the patches - almost 6 months between the last two. AND they're still patching the Switch version of PoE 1, which came out about 14 months ago...

But the latest patch did make Deadfire at last playable, for me at least. It has only crashed about 6 times in the 50 hours or so that I've played after latest patch. And some issues yet remain. Also, it needs to be said that all this doesn't change the fact that PoE 1 & 2 have crashed in total many, many more times than the rest of the dozens of games combined that I've owned and played on the ps4.

• Like 1

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance

Rumors are rumors. It is a bit suspect however, that there was such long period of time between the last two patches; even with the go-to pandemic reason/excuse. From what I've gathered, GD's are very small company that's doing a lot things at the same time. What's weird to me, is how GD's name isn't mentioned anywhere on the product; not when loading the game or anywhere on the game's casing. Nothing, anywhere; it's like they're a dirty, little secret or something. Maybe that's normal, that 'porters' don't get credited anywhere, dunno.

Still doesn't excuse them, mind you, although the whole "let's release the game as is, charge full price and then maybe patch it to working order in the following year" is dangerously close to coming an industry standard.

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
counted on it.
There's no
At least it's honest.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, elohinen said:

Rumors are rumors. It is a bit suspect however, that there was such long period of time between the last two patches; even with the go-to pandemic reason/excuse. From what I've gathered, GD's are very small company that's doing a lot things at the same time. What's weird to me, is how GD's name isn't mentioned anywhere on the product; not when loading the game or anywhere on the game's casing. Nothing, anywhere; it's like they're a dirty, little secret or something. Maybe that's normal, that 'porters' don't get credited anywhere, dunno.

Still doesn't excuse them, mind you, although the whole "let's release the game as is, charge full price and then maybe patch it to working order in the following year" is dangerously close to coming an industry standard.

Fair enough. I think Grip Digital's been under the radar for a while despite the fact I think they are the ones primarily working on it, maybe VS EVIL and Obsidian are just filtering bugs for them (although Obsidian seems to have tried to distance itself from the VS EVIL ports).

18 hours ago, Tencatta said:

Fair enough. I think Grip Digital's been under the radar for a while despite the fact I think they are the ones primarily working on it, maybe VS EVIL and Obsidian are just filtering bugs for them (although Obsidian seems to have tried to distance itself from the VS EVIL ports).

From what I've gathered it goes like this: Obsidian has, in effect, nothing to do with the ports - it's just their product being used/ported. VSE is the spokesperson that relays all the info to GD, who do all the actual work.

counted on it.
There's no
At least it's honest.