Thank you for changing ship to ship combat

I play the game again after a long time. I think I played it shortly after release and a second time after all DLC came out, but I did not follow the patch notes.

Now I can get straight to deck combat and I can ignore ship combat completely.

Before that, either you moved forward all the time and started deck combat or you got in the right range and shot the right and left cannons until the ship sank. All of this while praying to the god of random numbers that your crew does not get injured. I think this was not interesting or fun at all and it would have been better not to make ship to ship combat at all and use the time and manpower for something else.

I also skip the ship battles. Maybe Obsidian needed to just autogenerate and present to the player in text some battle results based on the skills of the captains, their crews and the qualities of the ships. That would have been much easier instead of developing this ship combat minigame.

1 hour ago, daven said:

It's a bit late now but yeah... whoever pushed for this to be in the game made a massive blunder. 

yeah, it's been litigated before, but my general thought was "it's alright, not great, but i don't hate it." but given apparently how much of a money-sink and quicksand of a feature it was, i don't think "it's alright" was nearly worth the effort they put in just because someone (*cough* feargus *cough*) mandated it as a stretch goal.

Edited by thelee