environment

In all the pictures we can see ok kotor 2, there are only fights. And it seems quite dark. Will it be interaction? Will there be nice and quiet place on every planet like atho city, jedi academy on dantoine..... without any fights?

Well the game is supposed to be darker than KotOR1.

Yes, the Devs have said that it is going to be much darker.

The pictures were taken from the demo Obsidian presented in E3. They said that demo does not have anything to do with game. They were just showing off some of the cosmetic changes to the engine (like robes).

So I wouldn't worry about having a few quiet places every now and then. After all, there is a story that needs to unfold, and I doubt that it would be represented through a bunch of lightsaber fights.

Guest Dante Qel-Droma

Yes. KOTOR 2 is indeed supposed to be darker than the original. After all, the Sith have nearly taken over the galaxy, so what do you expect? Dantooine will be back as a planet you can travel to, only it will pretty much be a smoldering graveyard this time around (as Darth Malak destroyed the surface of the planet, or at least the Jedi Enclave/Academy). You can also visit Telos, which is being reconstructed after its brutal bombing by Darth Malak. So KOTOR 2 will be a lot more sinister than its predecessor. However, I do think there will be quiet places like Ahto City.

It can't be all that much darker. Besides we can always adjust the gamma, brightness, and the contrast.

yeah- i just made some of those changes in kotor- and man, i can tell ya- the game was much darker indeed!

<_<

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Even if the whole setting of the game will be darker, i do hope that there will be a planet that feels more like a sanctuary (maybe it's parts of Dantooine that weren't destroyed by the Sith attack, but anyhow).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well the game is supposed to be darker than KotOR1.

The pictures were taken from the demo Obsidian presented in E3. They said that demo does not have anything to do with game.

In one of the videos offered up on gamespot.com, there is a lucasarts rep who clearly states that during E3 they would show (not exact quote), "Three areas. One early on in the game, one towards the middle, and one closer to the end."

It may just be that these are levels in the game.