Is this news about Pillars 3?

On 11/10/2019 at 4:29 PM, Boeroer said:

Mods don't disable achievements (Or Berath's Blessings) in Deadfire. Use of the console also doesn't per se. Only thing that disables BBs is if you type "iroll20s" into the console to unlock cheats.

Don't remember how it was with mods and PoE1 since I didn't use any. 

I was speaking generally, for example DOS2 and Skyrim (special edition?) disable achievements if you're using mods, though there are common bypasses to enable achievements.

I could be wrong, but aren't the vast majority of console functions locked behind iroll20s? If so, I don't think it's controversial to say that using the console effectively disables achievements.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

8 hours ago, KaineParker said:

I could be wrong, but aren't the vast majority of console functions locked behind iroll20s? If so, I don't think it's controversial to say that using the console effectively disables achievements.

For example the commands to add the cosmic pets isn't barred behind iroll20s. And there are several other (useful) commands that can be used without iroll20s. Let's just say that using console cheats disables achievements.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 11/12/2019 at 12:06 AM, Boeroer said:

For example the commands to add the cosmic pets isn't barred behind iroll20s. And there are several other (useful) commands that can be used without iroll20s. Let's just say that using console cheats disables achievements.

one of the more ambiguous ones is the ability to switch back and forth between turn-based mode. I say "ambiguous" because I don't know if it would actually pass muster with an ultimate run validation, despite not being gated behind iroll20s.

By the way, JE Sawyer had an update talking about the types of games that he would love to make if he had unlimited resources and nothing else to worry about. I think for whatever rumors there are about another Pillars, we can take these as stuff that they are definitely not working on right now:

[...]

I would love to make a Pillars Tactics-style game that focuses on small set piece encounters and a strong, relatively short story with a lot of choice & consequence.

[...]

And I would be interested in directing Pillars 3 if I can figure out how to make it something I would enjoy that there’s an audience for.  It may be that someone else would do a better job at that than me, though.

I don't know about you but I personally would love a Pillars Tactics game. That would be a great way to reuse the Deadfire engine and still have a lot of consequence without as much work. (They would have to fix the action economy issue in TB-mode for it to really work, ironically best by adopting a Final Fantasy Tactics-style speed/tick system.)

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, I posted several of Josh's recent tumblr stuff in the "Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers" thread. 

I'm a simple man. When I see "new posts" icon on a 20-page thread, I run screaming out of the room :)

• Haha 1