OT from "Q's to Devs"

if all games were put on dvds people would buy dvd players because they have no choice which would lower cost and eventuall not sell worse than games on cd.

The key word there being "eventually". The trick is to get some other company to go all-DVD first. Then they're the ones who lose sales until the new standard is universal, while you keep selling on CD until every gamer has a CD-ROM.

I'll be honest. If KotOR 2 comes out on DVD only, I'll put in a DVD drive, just like I'm going to have to toss my vidcard when Half-Life 2 ships. But games that I'll upgrade hardware for are few and far between. As much as I liked NOLF, I still haven't picked up a vidcard to run NOLF 2 (no Hardware T&L on my Kyro 2). I can always pick it up out of a bargain bin later

Jedi Kathrin:

"gerr..I love the sappy romances in Kotor, what can this girl say I'm a sap. I would love to see more romances...ever same sex relashionships that go a bit be on friendship would be a good apeal to all sexualites."

Spelling Buddy Sez:

Relationships, beyond, appeal, sexualities

I don't remember the exact quote but I believe a developer was talking about wanting to move beyond the 'romance only' role of NPCs. I think I would like to see complex relationships that aren't based around sexual desire.

Jedi Master Revan:

" Romances suck there no need to have them in the game, all it does is waste time. I rather see more killing or something of the like."

I think you'd prefer a first person shooter to a role-playing game. There are many people who disagree with your viewpoint and if adding romances increases the appeal of the game then it is not a waste of time.

Craftsman:

" This is Star Wars, lets keep it natural. No same sex realasionships."

Your comment is needlessly offensive. If you

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

NO. This is Star Wars, lets keep it natural. No same sex realasionships.

While obviously not the majority, things like gay sheep are not uncommon. I'm not kidding either.

besides, it's not like KOTOR didn't already touch on same sex relationships. In a few ways, actually.

Spelling Buddy Sez:

Wow, do you have a "Needlessly Anal Buddy" that forces you to type that?

Spelling Buddy Sez:

The Grammar Gestapo strikes back... ;) Perhaps just provide a link to an online dictionary ? Not everybody here has English as their first language.

Will the combat system be changed in the sense that if a lightsaber passes though someone they will not keep on fighting. ?

;)

Heck, Boromir could keep on fighting with a handful orc arrows attached to his body. Nothing beats dismembering. Anybody remember MP's Holy Grail ? 'Tis but a flesh wound!

Does the lightsaber work at all underwater?

Watch Episode One again. Doesn't Kenobi's lightsaber stop working after full immersion? I take it that they're water resistant, but not proof.

So, you can use your lightsaber during the rainy season, but the warranty is void, if used for underwater combat. Generally, using appliances under water is a bad idea.

Apart from the slow movement and the joke with the shark combat, the sub water levels weren't really that bad. They actually had a slightly claustrophobic feel to them, because of the confined spaces and because of the vulnerability you felt, unable to fight properly, when leaving the buildings. They missed the opportunity to steal a bit from Thief.

I wonder if there will be levels in Kotor2, where you have to negotiate hostile territory in a non-violent manner ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On Topic please.

same to you

NO. This is Star Wars, lets keep it natural. No same sex realasionships. All that is needed is the same type like in KOTOR 1 but more depth thats all. If including romances will hinder some other part of the game then scrap it.

Heck, Boromir could keep on fighting with a handful orc arrows attached to his body. Nothing beats dismembering. Anybody remember MP's Holy Grail ? 'Tis but a flesh wound!

Black Knight:

*kicks*

Arthur: "Look, stop that.."

Black Knight: "Chicken!"

*kicks*

"Chiiickenn!"

A minor question here, will the attack animations match the character's number of attacks? In KotOR from what I remember the maximum number of melee attacks shown was 3.

not sure whether this has ben answered already but i forget aftr i read the whole thread in 1 day but anyways

how far will customising your character go? eg for men facial hair women make up (maybe for men as well ;)) and for both sexes hair eye color skin tone etc etc or will there just be say 7 people for each sex and thats as far as it will go?

GOOD LORD!!! PLEASE NO DRAG QUEEN PCs!!!

You're one of them Carth lovers ain't you. <_<

I shall resist the urge to flame for now, but you have been warned! :angry:

You're one of them Carth lovers ain't you

erm maybe i should just say no and save myself some trouble heh :D

This is no laughing matter. The Church of the Anti Carth has made a pact to flame any former Church of Carth members or whatever the flock it was called off of these boards before they get a chance to take root and spread their disgusting pre pubescent Carth loving ways. <_<

This is no laughing matter. The Church of the Anti Carth has made a pact to flame any former Church of Carth members or whatever the flock it was called off of these boards before they get a chance to take root and spread their disgusting pre pubescent Carth loving ways. <_<

ok ok dont have a stress attack it was JUST a question and if im right it didnt even MENTION the name carth so stop havin a go :angry:

ok ok dont have a stress attack it was JUST a question and if im right it didnt even MENTION the name carth so stop havin a go :angry:

I can read between the lines Miss Kitty. Plus I remember making fun of you in your mulitple Carth loving threads. ;)

Servant of Eru, High Priest of the Church of the Anti Carth