Best Companions for Story/Dialogue?

18 hours ago, 3x0du5 said:

I was pleasantly surprised when Konstanten who was awfully quiet for most of the base game started talking a lot in SSS, also he has killer line that happens in Beast of Winter when dragon resurrects 😄 😄 😄 

Spoil-tag me the line, please?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

• 2 weeks later...

I just started playing Deadfire and I get a real kick out of the dialogue.  I especially like Edér's input.  The various interactions that show approval or amusement are funny.  I guess sometimes a bit on the nose and sometimes a bit overdone.  I'm hoping some of my companions have a better poker face, but I really enjoy what I've seen so far.  The funny Edér moments are truly well done and the voice actor does a great job.  I'm kind of wondering if Edér and Aloth end up with that weird love triangle in two bodies like the first game, but I don't want to be spoiled.  I'm still pretty early in the game right now.  I only have five companions:  Edér, Xoti, Aloth, some orlan cipher character, and this dwarven chanter.

I have a question, though. When I recruited the dwarf, the tutorial popped up to tell me he didn't get his own quests or some such.  For my particular style, I think I'd rather have an enchanter than a cipher, but I don't want to miss dialogue or fun.  What exactly is the difference if I switch in the dwarven chanter for one of the others?  I'd hate to lose Aloth for sentimental reasons, but my main is a wizard already.  I really should have multi-classed or alternate classed Aloth.  Ugh.

"Not for the sake of much time..."

On 9/18/2019 at 8:43 PM, MedicineDan said:

I have a question, though. When I recruited the dwarf, the tutorial popped up to tell me he didn't get his own quests or some such.  For my particular style, I think I'd rather have an enchanter than a cipher, but I don't want to miss dialogue or fun.  What exactly is the difference if I switch in the dwarven chanter for one of the others?  I'd hate to lose Aloth for sentimental reasons, but my main is a wizard already.  I really should have multi-classed or alternate classed Aloth.  Ugh.

The dwarf is a sidekick, meaning he has no dialogue input in the main game (he has in one of the DLCs though). If you want a chanter, you can always class Tekehu into Theurge, he's very good at it with a benefit of being involved in the story and having a lot of stuff to say. 

Edited by bugarup

Good point. Lots of trash talk there. ;)

If you don't have Blessing points yet or don't want to bring Edér or want to use more than two pets:

You can have 5 pets simultaneously without deactivating challenges & blessings: save your game, then type

IRoll20s

and then

UnlockPets

Which will unlock athe pet slots of all party members in this cheated instance. No surprise here.

Then reload your non-cheated save game --> still unlocked pet slots for you. The UnlockPets command gets activated globally and stays active when reloading. 

This also used to be the case with

FreeRecipesToggle

- but I was able to report that during beta (or right after release, can't remember) and it got fixed. I only recently discovered that UnlockPets has the same behavior as original FreeRecipesToggle.

That way you can have Concelhaut + Nemnok and three other pets if you wish. There are some nice little synergies possible with 5 pets. It's not OP but it does give you an advantage of course.

Edited by Boeroer
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods