4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure doesn't break on applying CC effects if I recall correctly. Only on dealing damage. Or it was not breaking with Walls and Seals because those are considered hazards and the game handles then as independent entity? Something like that. @Raven Darkholmeknows I think.

It's both cc and hazards which don't break invis, also summoning doesn't and most buffs, which only works with Arkemyr's tho.

Rogue's shadowing beyond is also quite unique in not breaking on certain dot effects like gouging, tho obviously you have to gouge first and then go invis or the attack would break it.

I haven't extensively tested Rogue tho, so there might be a lot more hidden potential, never tested Smoke Veil at all either.

(Funny enough priest's shadowing beyond even tho same name, breaks on almost any action including self buffs)

I guess that's because it's a copy of the orignal Rogue ability. All those "foreign" abilites (Sunbeam on a Priest of Eothas, Arcane Veil on a Preist of Wael etc.) are just hard copies of the original ability. In this case it might be that Skean's Shadowing Beyond never got updated like the Rogue's version was. Lots of players were complaining that Rogue's DoTs were breaking Shadowing Beyond so I guess Obsidians tried to fix that ability for the Rogue - but forgot to transfer that to the Skaen version. 

Basically like in PoE were they forgot to change Knockdown from primary to full attack on the Girdle of the Driving Wave while it was done for the original Knockdown of the fighter. 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

15 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

And Mari Crudia.

I forgot about Eder, maybe because he can't be assassin (and has average Int) therefore a bit less optimal for Vanishing Strike.

Ooblit + Eder is perfect for Unbending by thé way.

Uh uh uh! And Cabalist's Gambeson! :)

I just did a quick test with a 25-INT-Rogue (19+items+food) in my party and with the sushi, the shark teeth, the gambeson, Prestige and the adre ooze I get a duration for Vanishing Strikes of 14 seconds. :) Not bad! 
Deflection bonus of Escape lasts for 12 secs now... :o

With community patch changed backstab (raw dmg instead of +100%), streetfighter with fast weapons sounds like fun. My type would be rust poingard and sun and moon (should apply backstab effect twice)

Int cap is obtainable

2 bone amulet (but strand of favour is better), 2 grotto mask, 2 berath stats, 2 alchemic wits, 1 cauldron brew, 1 aloth/kana effigy, 1 kuaru ring, 5 inspiration, 1 konstanten prostitute bonus, 18 base, 1 vailian background. That's 34 with strand of favour. Cloack of theocrat gives 1, but ajamuut is much better, and pet gives 1, but ooblit is must have. 

I guess dual mortars + Powder Burns would still be king with a Streetfighter + Vanishing Strikes. The Backstabs get applied to a lot of the AoE hits if you stand between the enemies (at least without Community Patch). Without Powder Burns it's very difficult to get flanked while invisible. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

56 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Isn't it only against 1 Attack ?

Tooltip is vague and I never bothered to check. 

you might be mistaking it for wizard's double, which is 1 hit or crit.

speaking of my previous post - salvation of time extends Escape pretty obscenely. when your ~10s (with lots of int and PL scaling) short-term +50 deflection turns into 30-50s (one or two priests) you become pretty hardy. i love SoT in these kinds of glass cannon setups.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I guess dual mortars + Powder Burns would still be king with a Streetfighter + Vanishing Strikes. The Backstabs get applied to a lot of the AoE hits if you stand between the enemies (at least without Community Patch). Without Powder Burns it's very difficult to get flanked while invisible. ;)

But it's very easy to stay bloodied while untargetable ;). If only rogue could replenish guile somehow, to use vanishing strike for longer. 

Yes, dual mortars would be probably better, but it's kind of boring, obvious choice