Summoned weapons stuck on character after loading the game

Jardik

Question

If you use summoned weapon and save the game while it is still summoned, next time you reload the save, it will be stuck on the character. I found this when trying to make a mod, which would give different abilities by switching between summoned weapons using a modal ability and which isn't combat only. (I had to do it this way, as there seems to be no way to grant abilities by applying status effects).

I also tested this with spiritshift forms (modded it to not be combat only). If you save the file while spiritshifted and reload the save, your original weapons and armor is gone, abilities from spiritshifted form are stuck on skill bar.

4 answers to this question

Is this a bug though? Usually you can't save while holding summoned weapons/being shifted since summoned weapons disappear/spiritshift ends with the end of combat.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Is this a bug though? Usually you can't save while holding summoned weapons/being shifted since summoned weapons disappear/spiritshift ends with the end of combat.

I bet he/she uses some mod. There's no way to save during the fight.

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yes he does. He said so in his post.

That's why I ask if it's really a bug - since the mod breaks the behavior that prevents bad things from happening. 

Yes, I am trying to create a mod. I made 3 grouped modal abilities (elemental attunement to lightning/fire/ice), each one giving different elemental weapon and the weapon gives skills for that element. Switching the weapons changes the abilities. Making it combat-only would make it tedious and the character wouldn't be able to start the fight with skill of that weapon. I made it this way, using the summoned weapon, because I didn't find any other way to grant an ability by the modal skills / status effects.

It is true that all existings skills summoning weapons are combat only, so this is not an issue for them and no one probably expected it.