[4.1.2] hunter's claw is extremely busted in all sorts of ways (topic originally was "weird weird bug: different kinds of 'beasts'")

thelee

Question

I literally paid for some airplane wifi just so I could report this bug while it was still fresh, it is so bizarre.

Background: Hunter's Claw is a ranger ability that lets you build an increasing accuracy buff against enemies the more you use it.  Has been mostly working great this playthrough. I started up building stacks against beasts in preparation for fighting the gigantic cave grub at the end of the Old City, and I came across the weirdest bug.

I built up an initial 5 stacks against some cave grubs in the random Nekataka encounter where you get Griffin's Blade. I'm now in the undercity, and the first encounter is some skuldraks and cave bats. "Cool" I thought, "I'll build up more stacks vs beasts against the cave bats."

The first hit and this happened: 

post-58316-0-57974500-1553232473_thumb.png

The hit with Hunter's Claw created a completely separate stacking buff for increasing accuracy against "Beasts". The two different buffs don't stack. In fact, when I check the combat log, my prior 5 stacks of hunter's claw are not accounted for, only the stacks that I start to build against these cave bats.

This means that cave bats are a weird different kind of "beast" or the cave grubs in the Nekataka are a weird different kind of "beast".  Either way, it feels extremely confusing and extremely buggy that there are different kinds of "beasts" out there for purposes of Hunter's Claw stacks.

Dropbox link to output_log (OS X) and save: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zvndwjvyqst507k/AABV1NBXHAbEPNNLzMb_L07ha?dl=0

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

With a blunderbuss you still get 8 stacks per shot which is better than 2 with melee. Ooor they patched it. :)

Can't check this atm.

But when I was using Hunter's Claw with dual-warhammers, I was getting: +1 accuracy per ability usage.

+1, +2, +3, etc.

can semi-verify: was able to attack at range with blunderbuss after boeroer's last post, and it only gives you one stack per weapon attack. you can verify this in combat log with multiple blunderbuss hits - your character sheet only gains one stack, and in the combat log each accuracy calculation uses the same amount of hunter's claw stacks, it doesn't increase throughout the attack.

you definitely can get up to two if you connect two separate attacks via dual-wielding.

Edited by thelee

A shame. Well or not. I reported this some time ago and it seems it got patched. Not that you can use it with ranged weapons, but the multiple stacks per ability use (dpending on number of attack rolls per ability use). You could also get 2 stacks from Sun & Moon and multiple ones with Keeper of the Flame. That's also not working anymore I presume? 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods