Horrible New Bugs

Katalmach

Question

Not real sure what exactly happened. I hadn't played the game since before the update that allowed for turn based mode (which I'm not using) 

I install the updates, bought Forgotten Sanctum, and got ready to play through the game from the start 

4 horrible new "features" appeared for me

- Load times between 20 seconds to several MINUTES. This is when I load the game or transition from areas. It's insufferable 

- Sometimes, game just won't load at all. It freezes and crashes 

- Characters sometimes toggle into walking mode, even in the middle of combat, which shouldn't happen because the game doesn't allow it

- Combat gets extremely choppy. Frame rate will be at maximum, then drop to 20, then shoot back up. It really messes up my placement 

Anybody have any idea why this is happening? Maybe experience the same things?

Devoted Psiblade Sword and Board

2 answers to this question

The long load times I see, too (but mine are limited to 30-45 seconds at most)--however, that only happens when starting a game/loading a saved game for the first time in the session, or loading a game from an entirely different locale from where I am in the game presently.  IE, it's not every time.  I have had no occasion taking "minutes" to load, though, thankfully.  Other than that, PoEII seems to load far more quickly than PoE1, I was glad to see.

--have not had an occasion where a save refused to load.

--I run turn-based and so cannot speak to RTWP party behavior.  However, I get this weird bug out of combat wherein walking is 2x to 4x faster (immediately upon the load of a saved game) and can only be remedied by deselecting the party, except for the main character, and then hitting the "select all party members" UI button--that returns all walking speeds to normal (or normal running speed, etc.)

--Have not experienced a variable frame-rate within turn-based combat--don't use RTWP. (Did I see a variable frame-rate option for this game--or am I thinking of another game?)

--Last bug I've seen reported here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/108063-ultrawide-has-the-letters-rt-cut-off-on-the-left-and-a-red-banner-on-the-right/

Hope this is of some interest... ;)

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for any performance issues you've been running into.  The movement speed issues should be fixed as of the v4.1.2 patch that released yesterday.

Katalmach, if you've been having crash issues, would you be able to send me the contents of your crash folders so we can look into those and see about getting possible fixes in.  If needed, you can find instructions on how to obtain the crash.dmp, error.log, and output_log.txt files here.  If you could send the files to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference I would be super appreciative.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the inconveniences.