Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AI-controlled creatures can behave weirdly on turn-based mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cherudek

Cherudek

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I noticed they sometimes attack corpses, or charmed creatures that are now on their side - causing the charm to break.

This happens when their target was killed or charmed during the same general round.

Seemingly the target was determined at some earlier point (at the start of the round, maybe?) and the AI is not able to switch from that target !

I think that the AI should decide targets at the beginning of each individual turn...

Edited by Cherudek, 10 February 2019 - 07:34 AM.

• Wormerine likes this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3103 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, had it happen as well.

Edited by Wormerine, 10 February 2019 - 12:38 PM.

Scais

Scais

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
I've seen this happen with creatures I have charmed. They waste their turn attacking something that is not there anymore.

SChin

SChin

Product Services Manager

• Developers
  • 901 posts

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the help with the AI controlled units.  The team is currently looking into this issue, but if you discover anything else about this, please continue to post about it here as I'm going to link this thread to the current bug report for this.

Thank you for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users