Game freezing when loading areas

Lord Brunitius

Question

5 answers to this question

It happens to me all the time, it seems to be able to handle only 1 "in combat" type situation. I can do anything on the world map or boat, the first transition on board or on a map will work and all connected areas, but once i go _back_ to the world map the very next walking around area (including shipboard) will lock it.

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry you've been having freezing issues in Deadfire.  If any or all of you have output_log.txt files along with save games where this occurred or if you get them again in the future, please feel free to send them to us at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread as a reference.  If needed, you can find instructions on how to obtain all necessary files here.  All of these can help us figure out if these are individual issues or part of a more widespread issue that we need to resolve.

Thank you everyone, and sorry for the inconvenience these game freezes are causing.

1 thing is that after it crashes I need to go into the registry and change

screemanager is fullscreen mode 

to 0, otherwise it won't load properly in the first place. That lets it load regions, but after it crashes it's back at 1 so I have to reset it before starting again.

Edit: I have the game in windowed mode by the way so it shouldn't ever be setting fullscreen as far as I know and autodetect is OFF so it should never change it to start with, let alone to something wrong.

Edited by Kinesia

I finally have a repeatable save I can send to support!

I can't get through Magran's Teeth, the text base intro happens, but when it moves past that it locks every time. I've done the other things that have worked before, but nothing this time.

Getting the stuff together to send now.

Edit: Oh! I just noticed Steam was running (because I'd reset at some point) and I vaguely remembered there were problems with that running, (I'm using the GOG version of Deadfire, try not to ever buy new stuff on Steam now), and after killing Steam and retrying the loading screen comes up (before it was just going to black screen with hand icon) and it actually works...

So steam is one of the blocking issues.

Edited by Kinesia