BUG: The Red Hand self-damage debuff

brasilgringo

Question

"Blood-Stained Hands" self-damage debuff (+x% damage *taken*) from The Red Hand persists and affects character even if Red Hand not equipped in any weapon slot, active or other.  Shows in combat logs.

This is probably a relic of when the damage *buff* also persisted if the weapon wasn't equipped/active ... but it hardly seems fair  / working as intended to have a permanent damage debuff if the weapon isn't equipped even in a non-active slot, given you only get the damage *buff* (+x% damage *dealt*) if the weapon is active-equipped?

Sure I could rest, but it's a no-rest run ....

Edited by brasilgringo

9 answers to this question

Hello Brasil,

Thank you for bringing this particular issue to our attention!  If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be able to provide us with a save file where this is occurring for testing purposes?  If needed, you can find instructions for locating the save files here.  Once we have that, I'll attach it to the bug report for the team to use for their investigation.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing on your playthrough.

Thanks for the reply.

Here is a link to the savegame:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/57wi42qjic1vsnc/Nuke%20Dukem%20%28BardattoVault%29%20%28388f3638-5d05-4f3e-8df2-3c8a69ba912c%29%20%28LAX-123ABCDEFG%29%20%28957249987%29.savegame?dl=0

Just let yourself be beat on by the mobs and check the damage logs when they hit you, if you check the Damage details it will show that 10% extra damage from Blood-Stained Hands is being applied to you even when you don't have The Red Hand equipped.

Let me know if you can't access it.

Edited by brasilgringo

Hello Brasil!

I did indeed, thank you for that :)  I attached it to the bug report and pinged the Systems Design team so they know it is available for their use during their investigation of this weapon.  If you happen to discover any more about this bug, please continue to post about it here as I also linked this thread to the report to be used as a reference.

Thanks again for all the help Brasil!

• Like 1

Hey Brasil,

Unfortunately the team hasn't figured out a fix for this.  I did literally a minute ago finally find the proper console commands to remove the 4 status effects that are being applied here and can remove them from your watcher so you can continue on without being burdened by this.  If you have an updated save, I'd be more than happy to remove the afflictions for you.

Thanks Brasil!

I have this happning as well. The debuff is active even though Re-Hand isn't currently equipped:

Vy50f0w.jpg

It doesn't work the other way around - the buff only works when used with Red-Hand... however, when testing I noticed another oddity - Red-Hand get a buff from Cutthroad Cosmo which I equipped at the start of the game, even though I didn't use Cosmo for a while now and Red-Hand and Cosmo didn't even see each other (didn't use both at the same time).

iY6K9dH.jpg

save:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lu2JJB3MZ3o-_0UL4GIony7ZxUHWEOpr/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Hey Brasil,

Unfortunately the team hasn't figured out a fix for this.  I did literally a minute ago finally find the proper console commands to remove the 4 status effects that are being applied here and can remove them from your watcher so you can continue on without being burdened by this.  If you have an updated save, I'd be more than happy to remove the afflictions for you.

Thanks Brasil!

Can you post the console commands to remove them?

Thank you