Still can't give Llengrath the seed in Seeds of Deception

Mislas

Question

So, It's patch day today, but I still can't give Llengrath the seed in Seeds of Deception after killing Wael Oracle. She just say goodbye and walk away.

I get this quest from her, but still can end it only with Tein.

Does anyone solve this problem? Or Llegrath can be found on map somewhere else?

8 answers to this question

Hello Mislas,

I believe the issue has been fixed for users who hadn't already obtained the quest.  In this instance, I believe you can still turn in the quest, but it would have to be with Tayn as the fix wasn't able to be retroactive.

Thank you for checking in about this quest and sorry for the inconvenience is has caused your playthrough.

I am still encountering this issue in a game where I received and started the Hidden Depths quest on 1/13, so this does not seem to have been fixed yet.

I can't attach any save files, unfortunately, since even just one is ~10x the size I'm allowed to upload, but my system specs are:

Kernel: 4.18.0-13-generic x86_64
bits: 64
compiler: gcc v: 7.3.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.0.9
Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic

which is part of the output from running:

inxi -Fxz

Hello Pentarctagon,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with this quest.  Would you be able to send me the save file to support@obsidian.net as well as link this thread as a reference so I can have the team investigate this for you?

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

You should have three parts of the artifact listed in the "Ingredients" part of your inventory (two outer fragments, and one inner core). Those three artifacts should no longer be in the "Quest Items" section.

In your Journal, The Seeds of Deception should be marked as completed.

Remember that you can only upgrade an item to Mythic if it was previously Legendary.

Also, this save you loaded, was it before or after you accepted the quest?

Ok, I've managed to reproduce your issue. It is indeed a bug.

Fortunately, I see two solutions to your problem:

1) _ Reload a save prior to your final conversation with Llengrath (the one that triggers automatically when you teleport back to the Temple of Revelation after the final boss fight. So you ultimately want a save after defeating Wael but before transitioning to the main Hall)

_ Go back normally to the Temple of Revelation.

_ The dialogue with Llengrath should trigger automatically.

_ This time, cut to the chase and tell her right away that you have the artifact.

_ Do not give to her.

_ Your quest should then finish normally and you should be rewarded accordingly.

The issue only occurs when you first pass the dialogue, speak to her again and only then tell her that you have the artifact.

2) Less satisfying and completely barbaric, but you can use the debug command to reward yourself with the items you deserve.

Of course, be aware that this solution will lock further achievements. Therefore, only do this if you don't care about collecting them.

_ In the console, type "Iroll20s".
_ Type "giveitem LAX03_Part_Godseed_01"
_ Type "giveitem LAX03_Part_Godseed_02"
_ Type "giveitem LAX03_Part_Godseed_03"

And here you go.

Edited by Engvito

Hello,

I just finished seed of deception quest and can't give the seed to llengrath.

It's seems the team can't fix this bug because it exists since the first version of the game.
The version i'm playing is the 5.0.0.0040, it's quite recent.
At least tayn is nice enough to permit me to finalise the quest but not to be able to give the seed to llengrath is.... a deception!
Well, i will pray that the team hire someone capable.