Xoti Won't Talk

jangoolie

Question

9 answers to this question

Hey Jangoolie,

I took a look at the report and it looks like they tested this every which way they could think of and can't get this to occur, even with your save files.  There are a couple of things I could recommend that might help.  The first would be to attempt a repair of the game files or uninstall/reinstall the game to make sure there are no corrupted or missing files that might be causing you this issue.  If that doesn't work, then I would ask that you send us an updated save file where we might be able to progress past the conversation, but that won't really fix any underlying issue that you might be having.  Please let me know your result and we will go from there.

Thanks again Jangoolie.

• Like 1

Yes lol, how to do it?

On the other hand, i think they changed something about her, because her usual romance progress - seems stuck for me atm. She started talking about eder, then suddenly whole conversation was stuck and ended - like nevermind. I even tried to reload - same results. And when i talk to her after, theres new option, to ask her something what she had in mind - and she just answers something nevermind. But she doesnt romance watcher (she would sooner, for sure).

I am leading her to darkness ofcourse xD. Theres something different now.

Hello Jangoolie,

I'm sorry you are having troubles with Xoti starting a conversation with the Talk to Xoti option.  I put a bug report together and sent it to the QA and Programming teams for investigation so they can get in a fix.  If you happen to discover anything else about this bug, please let me know so I can forward the information along to the team for their investigation.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Further developments. I started a new game (because the Xoti quest-line was broken) and it broke again in my new game as well! 

Luckily this time I have managed to pinpoint exactly where it happened.

As soon as I advance Xoti's quest to a certain point the game breaks and she no no longer talks at all. I triggered this by talking to the spirit in Oathbinders Scantum level two.

Here are two more save games:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsGhjGT2KpA8gj-DEPmiTriVYfXX

The "before bug" save game is obviously before the bug has been triggered. You can load this game and talk to the spirit to trigger the bug. The after-bug save demonstrates Xoti in the broken state. Hopefully this minimal working example will help you track down the issue. Let me know if you need any more diagnostics on my end.

Edited by jangoolie
  • Like 1

Hey Jangoolie,

I took a look at the report and it looks like they tested this every which way they could think of and can't get this to occur, even with your save files.  There are a couple of things I could recommend that might help.  The first would be to attempt a repair of the game files or uninstall/reinstall the game to make sure there are no corrupted or missing files that might be causing you this issue.  If that doesn't work, then I would ask that you send us an updated save file where we might be able to progress past the conversation, but that won't really fix any underlying issue that you might be having.  Please let me know your result and we will go from there.

Thanks again Jangoolie.

So I took your advise and re-installed the game.. and it worked.

I guess I should have tried that first but Honestly I'm kind of amazing on how on earth this bug manifested. What is going on here? Somehow Xoti VO or text or something is corrupted and this is treated as a non-fatal error? Also I guess this means there's no integrity checks for assets in Unity. I see that steam can checksum files, I really wish I had tried this before re-installing to see what got corrupted. Maybe this should be part of the standard troubleshooting process? It seems more likely that a bug in POE somehow corrupted the file(s) rather than a cosmic ray flipped some bits in my SSD, especially considering that SSDs perform error correction...

Either way I'm really sorry for having wasted your time, thanks very much for responding.