Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

confessions of a gamer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
708 replies to this topic

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Robbing people in Red Dead Redemption 2 seems impossible.  Every time I press the "rob" button, the person just draws on me and I have to kill them.

This may be a dumb qeustion but have you tried drawing before you press the rob button? IIRC, you have the option to do so and if I had to guess, I'd say 1 in every 10 people robbed me as not everyone is armed or people were scared because I pulled out premature rather than later.

I am seriously missing playing RDR2 though, unfortunately I uninstalled the game after I finished so no clue but I'm guessing that since I'm not a PS+ member, my save is gone. Oh well. The game is pretty much open from the second chapter anyways so no huge loss.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3991 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Robbing people isn't worth it anyway. It takes seconds till the magic police arrives and then you get a shootout and bounty that costs you more than you made from the actual robbing.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2647 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I also don't understand how certain side-missions are done, for instance:

Spoiler

Edit: correction...
Spoiler

Now let's try that out...

Edited by Katphood, 17 January 2019 - 10:07 PM.

Fenixp

Fenixp

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2345 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Hot bloody damn fighting dream Zote sucks. ... I think I'm gonna spare myself this particular optional boss fight, I'm perfectly happy having Zote drawing the stalker away :-P

Edited by Fenixp, 17 January 2019 - 10:42 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Now let's try that out...

Ahhh... thought you were talking about the side mission in San Denis gunstore, sounds very similar to it at least.

Hot bloody damn fighting dream Zote sucks. ... I think I'm gonna spare myself this particular optional boss fight, I'm perfectly happy having Zote drawing the stalker away :-P

Really? Geez... At this point I'm not sure you would figure out how to beat Ravek, which is the easiest boss in the game :lol:

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3991 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I didn't even manage to beat his first rank, because he is so god damn random. Even if I would be able to beat him, his next ranks are even more crazy and completely impossible for me.

Fenixp

Fenixp

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2345 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I wouldn't say he's impossible per se, it's more that his attacks are insanely annoying and the fight feels more like an endurance trial than anything. I'm sure that if I kept banging my head against it I'd get through eventually, but why? Y'know, there's fun bosses and then there's that.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yeah, don't change your charms though, find the set you are comfortable with early on in game and stick with that set.

If you think that changing your set of charms will help you get closer to defeating a particular boss, it won't. It's not going to change your strategy or playstyle either (It's not Megaman).

This coming from someone who's beaten the game and every boss, and I'm strongly considering the PS4 version just to make video snippets. Keep trying and one day it just may *click*.

Edited by SonicMage117, 18 January 2019 - 08:40 AM.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10612 posts

All good things has an end... only sausages have two! (badly translated from a German song)

More gaming experiences here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users