Stunning Surge does. And can go aoe with dual blunderbusses for example. Or get a big Accuracy boost (due to fist scaling, particularly on a pure monk) with dual Long Pain attack.

Then there are aoe Whispers of the Wind... (which also work with aoe mortars...)

• Like 1

I think that's what Faytte meant with "cheese". :) It is quite ridiculous.

I think for solo play Paladin/Monk would be th best choice. The Damage output is not immense but respectable (Lightning Strikes + Eternal Devotion + Turning Wheel means you stack a 45% multiplicative dmg boost), the accuracy can be great (with Endurnig Dance + FoD + Ring of Searing Flames), the defenses are good and you even could make good use of Sacred Immolation without any self damage (Clarity of Agony + good RES + Lone Wolf completely removes all afflictions, including the self damage from SI). With THunderous Blows you'll get some PEN bonus. You also get the highest AR in the game when picking Goldpact Knight (use it with Sworn Rival to avoid Zeal starvation and also use stuff like Inspired Defenses and Stoic Steel - it doesn't stack with Iron Wheel). Another plus: powerful self heals and excellent kiting ability (Zealous Charge + Long Stride is very fast ;)). 

Then there's Blade Turning, AoE CC with Raised Torment...

I think it's an awesome combo for soloing.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I think that's what Faytte meant with "cheese". :) It is quite ridiculous.

I think for solo play Paladin/Monk would be th best choice. The Damage output is not immense but respectable (Lightning Strikes + Eternal Devotion + Turning Wheel means you stack a 45% multiplicative dmg boost), the accuracy can be great (with Endurnig Dance + FoD + Ring of Searing Flames), the defenses are good and you even could make good use of Sacred Immolation without any self damage (Clarity of Agony + good RES + Lone Wolf completely removes all afflictions, including the self damage from SI). With THunderous Blows you'll get some PEN bonus. You also get the highest AR in the game when picking Goldpact Knight (use it with Sworn Rival to avoid Zeal starvation and also use stuff like Inspired Defenses and Stoic Steel - it doesn't stack with Iron Wheel). Another plus: powerful self heals and excellent kiting ability (Zealous Charge + Long Stride is very fast ;)).

Then there's Blade Turning, AoE CC with Raised Torment...

I think it's an awesome combo for soloing.

I assume this is Goldpact/Helwaker correct? Would you use fists or something else? Would you stack heavy armour then?

With monk you get an increase to int. and mig. Would you try and max those out to 35? Or would you focus on dex/per/res and keep your mig/int Base?

In fact I would use Nalpasca and go for the high defense route. Especially high RES. Since your goal would be to not get hit a Nalpasca would be better for wound generation I guess.

Also Helwalker seems to be rather risky. I played a Helwalker Sage in my last playthrough and while he was awesome he also got downed a lot. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

In fact I would use Nalpasca and go for the high defense route. Especially high RES. Since your goal would be to not get hit a Nalpasca would be better for wound generation I guess.

Also Helwalker seems to be rather risky. I played a Helwalker Sage in my last playthrough and while he was awesome he also got downed a lot. :)

Helwakers really suck for my play-style, as I like to be hands-off. In my testing, Helwalkers died nonstop even when multi-classed with Paladin. I fear I will have a similar experience with Fanatic - which I have also been meaning to try...

Helwakers really suck for my play-style, as I like to be hands-off. In my testing, Helwalkers died nonstop even when multi-classed with Paladin. I fear I will have a similar experience with Fanatic - which I have also been meaning to try...

You see why I’m here lol.

I’m between Monk and Cipher (combined with Goldpact) for my next play through.

• Like 1

Cipher is too complicated. I just tested Fanatic a bit, and it is surprisingly sustainable - though DPS was also a bit disappointing.

I guess I have to be resigned to the fact that I need to throw Rogue in there in any multi-class melee builds that seeks to do tremendous DPS. The Rogue multiplier stacking is utterly nuts.

Edited by Lampros

Cipher is too complicated. I just tested Fanatic a bit, and it is surprisingly sustainable - though DPS was also a bit disappointing.

I guess I have to be resigned to the fact that I need to throw Rogue in there in any multi-class melee builds that seeks to do tremendous DPS. The Rogue multiplier stacking is utterly nuts.

RE: Cipher. Why is it to complicated? It builds steady focus for your nukes? I think it conpliments Paladin nicely. My only issue with it is properly gearing it. I’m actually trying my second test of cipher today.

RE: Fanatic, I suspected that the DPS is underwhelming. But I may dip my toe into the drug water to see if that can offset the DPS loss?

• Like 1

RE: Cipher. Why is it to complicated? It builds steady focus for your nukes? I think it conpliments Paladin nicely. My only issue with it is properly gearing it. I’m actually trying my second test of cipher today.

RE: Fanatic, I suspected that the DPS is underwhelming. But I may dip my toe into the drug water to see if that can offset the DPS loss?

Yes, I don't like to have to wait for combat to progress for a bit to be able to use abilities.

On the Fanatic: Holy Slayer on average will do twice or so more damage per hit due to Rogue multipliers stacking. And I don't think there is any drug that can make up for that kind of gap, but I ain't into drugs - yet ;)

Hey Boeroer what stats would you start with for you  Nalpazca/Goldpact?

After I played cipher.. I told myself I must have any companion that has cipher class. Let's all be quiet and don't let obsidian notice. They'll nerf everything fun till utter boredomness :p