30 Points for that one, with the mythical update? Ok i got 89 points, because i got every achievement so far, but that is just insane.

What do you want?

- Myhtical - 30P

- Explored Map - 12P

- 50k Money - 15P

- +2 Attribute - 15P

- +2 Skills - 3 Points

- Start with Level 4 12P

= 87

So, but you definitly want the reduced crafting, but you missing 13 points. I think, we should reduce the cost to 15 for the stone. How much gives it anyway? +1 Pen +2 ACC or something?

• Like 2

Agree that 30 is on the steep side; thank you Achilles for that mod.

I’m surprised you want the explored map one. How do you tell where you’ve been and where you still need to go without the FOV?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I’m surprised you want the explored map one. How do you tell where you’ve been and where you still need to go without the FOV?

I was originally worried about that too, but it's not an issue if you play regularly and clear the map by squares (e.g. I get out of Neketaka, clear the whole south-western part).

Yeah, but that feels like cheating. I want to play the game, as the developers intented it. If they don't put it down, i won't use any mods.

And World Map: I just don't do everything, because i play always solo and reach very fast max level. Other island like the fampyr cave are easy discovered, when you name the island, then you know you were there =) And i do those only for copper and loot, no xp gain anymore for me xd

Yeah, but that feels like cheating. I want to play the game, as the developers intented it. If they don't put it down, i won't use any mods.

And World Map: I just don't do everything, because i play always solo and reach very fast max level. Other island like the fampyr cave are easy discovered, when you name the island, then you know you were there =) And i do those only for copper and loot, no xp gain anymore for me xd

So...you think it should be 15 and if Obsidian changes it to 15 you’re good, but using a mod that makes it 15 is cheating?
  • Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Last I checked, I can get almost everything I want. But if the new achievements for the DLC give 12-15 points that would be most welcomed.

So...you think it should be 15 and if Obsidian changes it to 15 you’re good, but using a mod that makes it 15 is cheating?

He said it feels like cheating, not that it is cheating.

Anyway, I've seen this happen before. Someone makes a mod and people call it cheating. And then the developers change the game to be just like the mod. :p

• Like 2

sign.jpg

If the mod was created by obsidian, i don't have a problem, but with a mod i could just use god mode. Where should i draw the line?

If what Obsidian decides is what’s reasonable, why did you create a thread just so that you can call it “insane”? Obviously 15 sounded reasonable to you. Clearly you felt that was a good place for the line to be.

And since you asked, I think modding it down to the point where players no longer had to trade off between blessings would be the point where someone goes to far. It would have been just as easy to set that value to 0.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I really dislike Berath's Blessings because they're given for just playing the game. "You've started the game! Here, take this a achievement"

In my opinion they should be given for something a bit more difficult and optional. Like finding obscure quest solution, beating difficult optional boss, that kind of thing.

Take "Stormwind Sails" as example. This blessing could be awarded for obtaining both Bardatto Hull and Valera Sails and keeping peace between both families.

Right now Berath's Blessings feel like cheating, which is also hinted by their absence from Challenge Mode.

I really dislike Berath's Blessings because they're given for just playing the game. "You've started the game! Here, take this a achievement"

In my opinion they should be given for something a bit more difficult and optional. Like finding obscure quest solution, beating difficult optional boss, that kind of thing.

Take "Stormwind Sails" as example. This blessing could be awarded for obtaining both Bardatto Hull and Valera Sails and keeping peace between both families.

Right now Berath's Blessings feel like cheating, which is also hinted by their absence from Challenge Mode.

Some people *ahem* view them as reasonable offset for having to pick back up with a level 1 character. I lost my keep, but my started boat has pretty good sails. I lost all my perks, but these attribute bonuses more than make up for that. Et cetera.
  • Like 1

Some "achievements" are pretty easy to get. Hire an adventurer, craft 5 scrolls. You can do that at any moment, in a couple of minutes.

At the same time you don't get achievements for completing the game without anyone being knocked out or finishing the game killing less than X creatures. These are among the ones in PoE1.

That said, BBs are not necessarily cheating. For example: you can start with more money to hire a full custom party quickly. You can increase your skills and stats for a solo pt (it would still be more difficult than playing with a full party and no BBs). And the explored map is more like a visual option than anything affecting the difficulty.

sign.jpg

Well to use most of them you have to get more achievements so it's essentially what you're saying. And lol at cheating. It's a single player game honcho, and they drastically increase replayability. Edited by Verde
  • Like 1