Weapon and Shiled full attcaks required

There are two shields that count as offhand weapon. You get the bonus from dual wiedling, Two Weapon Style, Weapon & Shield Style and Full Attacks.

More of those would be fun. But I don't think we need a general change of the mechanics - because those two exist.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'd rather they gave all shields the ability to bash instead of having it be only for two unique shields.

Been playing a lot of Divinity Sin 2 DE and really like how character builds are dependent on skills and tactics rather than the heavy reliance on specific unique gear use like DeadFire has. The random nature of the gear with  random bonuses makes the moment before identifying something sort of like Christmas morning, full of anticipation. Here there are a few specific pieces that are integral to your build and everything else is vender trash

I'd rather they gave all shields the ability to bash instead of having it be only for two unique shields.

Been playing a lot of Divinity Sin 2 DE and really like how character builds are dependent on skills and tactics rather than the heavy reliance on specific unique gear use like DeadFire has. The random nature of the gear with  random bonuses makes the moment before identifying something sort of like Christmas morning, full of anticipation. Here there are a few specific pieces that are integral to your build and everything else is vender trash

Hmm, am not into fancy gear - DOS2 is too dependent on gear - perfect example, use one of the numerous holes in selling items to vendors for unlimited cash and the game becomes a cake walk - I mean interesting how they used gear to balance the game but becomes easy to break the balance.  I would argue that DOS2 unique skills lend to fun playing, but not sure it is as interesting as POE.

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy