[CLASS BUILD] (video guide) The Whiteleaf Doctor - Nalpazca/Gold Pact

For those who don't want to watch the video the base abilities making this build strong is maxed Healing over time supported by a minimum rest approach, once Captain's Banquet is crafted and used there will be no more rests which allows us unlimited Dawnstar's blessing and Nature's resolve, also we're using an injury (either the -25% Stride from Kohopa's Fang or -2 Burn AR from any fire trap) to benefit from Rekvu's Gloves and helmet, also in specific fights with fire damage the burn immune cloak.

As added bonus in the late game we use the lone wolf ring and clarity of Agony to only take a single tick of raw damage from Sacred Immolation.

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

Even with lone wolf ring and clarity of agony u will still take two tick from SI, one original tick when u cast SI, one when the raw damage debuff ends, so two. Unless u can cast Clarity immediately after casting SI, that requires your SI to have 0 recovery, which is only doable with Blood Thirst or Scordeo Edge's 0 recovery buff.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

How much is your HoT per tick?

In my latest experiments with the LoP I could get to about 46 per tick (56 if you count the extra healing from Sanguine Blade which can be extended via SoT), but that's within a party (LoP was never a solo build after all.)

EDIT: Also, could you list your AR bonuses? I think 15 is the max I got to.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The HoT isn't quite as potent as a fighter but on the upside unlimited, which is amazing in solo in general but especially vs BoW.

The passive HoT is: 6 Ring, 4 Whiteleaf, 8 Exalted Endurance, Life on Death doesn't seem to work on self or it would be 7 base.

LoH heals for 48 for 4 ticks and robust heals for 24 for 7 ticks.

(LoH feels actually better than Unbending and it only costs 2 resources, also the paladin gets resources back on kill.

(In the video I messed up because my character bugged and didn't want to attack I was confused and used Sworn rival 3x on the same char haha.)

For Ar the strongest bonus is the level 7 paladin talent Stoic Steel for up to +3 and it stacks with absolutely anything.

Then we have Gilded Enmity and Exalted Endurance, which both don't stack with each other or potions or most skills of other classes, but the +1 of EE will always be up and when GE is up it is insanely strong and if you use it correctly only on separate enemies you will never run out of resources.

(the paladin also has a separate 25% on kill chance to get resources back).

My base AR was 13 from legendary plate, so that maxes out at 20 with GE and 17 without.

There is another relatively low level paladin passive that gives you +1AR on a damage type you recently got hit with, which stacks with everything, this one I used on my previous TCS build without SI but there was no room for it on the SI guy.

• Like 1

I like your build, but still prefer a Kind Wayfarer/Helwalker tho ;)

Yea as I said a lot in this build including subclasses is up for preference.

I only choose Goldpact cause I'm too lazy to read dialogues in TCS and since Gilded Enmity actually helps with the earlygame and also some lategame stuff where enemies spam abilities at the start of the fight like BoW Burning Archers, it isn't a bad choice.

Nalpazcas biggest weakness is the start of the fight where you have to pop the drug, but I think it's definitely safer than Helwalker for fights like the one I showed in the vid or Burning Archers again, the ambush on the bridge is quite hairy with 6 archers spamming PL 9 abilities at you, taking more damage might mean death here if reactions aren't quick or one is simply unlucky on TCS.

But at the end of the day any Monk/Pala combo will perform fine the combo is just very strong and as i said better than other op stuff i tried like Pala/Chanter.

? You don't need to take drugs during fights. You can take them out of encounter as well.  

If you avoid ship encounters, yes.

As to the fight in the video I could have taken them before very true, I had a long break from deadfire and plain forgot. :D

• Like 1

Very stable and cool build, good job

I have played with same build, but instead of Banquet, I used Hylea Food for additional +10 deflection and Injury which reduce corrode armor rating by 2 and fortitude by -5 + I picked Fire Godlike (because of +1 armor rating) and Helwalker Monk (with maxed resolve and middle might / int ) + I used cloak which scale with history

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

To boost SI accuracy, I recommend boots of the beast from BoW, it causes Hobbled on path u leave, which means -10 reflex to enemy, ring of flame focused is a must too. Thats +20 acc in total :)

Except flail modal, which is single targeted, what else can u guys think to boost SI accuray?

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Nature's Mark scroll? I don't even know if it exists because I never use scrolls. ;)

By the way: you could maybe also take drugs before ship fights I guess (didn't test): hit pause right before the ships connect, go to deck, take drug and go to map, then start ship fight?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm disappointed in u Vic, why haven't u been streaming this? :p

My sentiments exactly!

The last couple of days had no time because people looking at our house again. ;)

Making the video took like 40 minutes, streaming takes at least 3-4 hours.

Either way I already streamed my TCS trappa run which is almost the same build except for SI. (Which isn't actually the biggest difference in tough fights)

Nature's Mark scroll? I don't even know if it exists because I never use scrolls. ;)

By the way: you could maybe also take drugs before ship fights I guess (didn't test): hit pause right before the ships connect, go to deck, take drug and go to map, then start ship fight?

You actually are right, I used this tactic for buffing my skills before a skill check on an island and I'm pretty certain it should work for ship fights too, never actually tried it, but there should be no difference.

To boost SI accuracy, I recommend boots of the beast from BoW, it causes Hobbled on path u leave, which means -10 reflex to enemy, ring of flame focused is a must too. Thats +20 acc in total :)

Except flail modal, which is single targeted, what else can u guys think to boost SI accuray?

Ring might work too, does SI have fire keyword?

Of course it has.

• Like 1

Of course it has.

You make it sound like there actually is consistency in keywords. ;)

(Looking at you chanter)

• Like 1

Hi - like in the other build thread: could you maybe put in a few lines with (sub)class(es), difficulty, solo/non-solo and such. I'm doing a search for build atm in order to update the build list and can't look through every video to extract the infos - takes too much time. :) Thanks!

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods