Blow the Man Down quest bug - Benweth gone. Please help!

Memmaatre

Question

Hi,

So I´ve collected the booze and food for the party but then I thought that it would be nice to try and fight Benweth in a direct confrontation instead. First time we wiped but then I tried to pull Benweth and his fighters into the room to the left. It worked fine and all guards are dead. But Benweth is not! He is gone......!!!

I probably was stealthy when the fighting started. Now, my only available save game (for this) will make me loose about two hours of choices and playtime so I need to find out if I am able to trigger Benweth back into the story - or if I could continue without finishing this quest? I have tried to get that party started with the stew but Benweth is nowhere to be seen. I’ve read some forums and as I understood them this bug should have been removed long ago! 

If nothing else - is there a possible way to edit save game file to be able to continue?

Regards

Mem

1 answer to this question

Hello Mem,

I'm sorry to hear about Benweth disappearing on you.  Would you be able to send me a copy of your save file?  I want to see if this is also occurring for me as well as see if we can't do anything about your save state.  If needed, you can find instructions on where your save files are located, here.  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thank you Mem, and sorry for this inconvenience.