Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Build] Adra Infused Duelist (Inquisitor)

Inquisitor Paladin Cypher

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

dbarbarian14

dbarbarian14

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Steam:homar_rosa
  • PSN Portable ID:homar_rosa

Build Name: Adra Infused Duelist

Born in the Deadfire, this Inquisitor follows a simple rule, do good upon others and you will be rewarded tenfold.  She is fast and deadly and can strip enemy defenses down to allow allies to pummel away at those who dare stand against the Watcher of Caed Nua.  Unlike many inquisitors, she cares about finding the truth, but will get it out of compassion and benevolence and not cruelty or violence, like many other inquisitors out there, that only care about getting the "truth" and not the means used to get it (I am looking at you Rhadam Asunawa, Wheel of Times Inquisitor for the Children of the Light).  And in reality she has a frail constitution, but a very strong spirit that guides her through the worst of situations.

Class: Inquisitor (Paladin & Cypher)

Subclass: Kind Wayfarer & Soulblade

Difficulty: PoTD

Game Version: 2.0

Play Style: For Party Setup

Race: Wood Elf

Starting Attributes: (Not Including Berath's Blessing or bonuses after Hasongo, Gift of the Machine and Effigy) 

Spoiler

Level 20 Attributes: (Counting all gear bonuses)

Spoiler

Culture: Deadfire

Backgroud: Raider or Hunter

Active Skills: 5 Athletics rest into Alchemy

Passive Skills: N/A Went into Metaphysics 10, rest spread for conversation options.

Active and Passive Abilities

Spoiler

Equipment:

Spoiler

Setup:

This is a very fast combat Watcher.  Where s/he will attack fast and have significantly fast recovery times; because of that we can get away with using a Sword of the main hand (which gives best of piercing or slashing) and we cover crush with the flail.  We could change the flail for Kapana Taga which is crush and slash as well and its also equally fast as its a club (includes +5 Accuracy as well).

You want to start the fight with Sword Rival (enemy) and follow up with a Borrowed Instinct, after that use Recall Agony on high HP enemies and use Flames of Devotion to heal up your allies that may be taking too many hits and yourself, while generating a lot of focus. This will push you into a Soul Strike Annihilation.  Depending on your enemy you will throw Tenuous Grasp (if there are multiples) as to increase splash damage; since Paladin is a single target kinda gal(guy).

With the current setup, you will have almost immunity to Intellect, Dexterity and Constitution Afflictions. Your attacks will do high damage, and also you will be able to 2 hits most enemies while on tougher enemies you will be able to stand toe to toe with them.

Conclusion:

I used this build all the way to the end of the game, and I loved how fast she moved and reacted to everything, being able to heal myself as well as party members, while also doing massive damage was extremely satisfying.  Like I said in the beginning, she is a little frail, but what she lacks on Hit Points, she has in healing.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, I even went into a few fights solo, Nemnok for example, and it was a blast.  I wanted to have Eden next to me since I build him using Swashbuckler build, for high survival and damage; but I was able to do it solo no problem.

Edited by dbarbarian14, 16 August 2018 - 08:43 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inquisitor, Paladin, Cypher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users