I’ve been considering an Assassin/Soul Blade. Since sneak attack, backstab and deathblows all improve both the physical and raw damage of soul annihilation, that should be some of the highest damage you can get per hit in the game. Combine it with Engoliero do Espirs for a nice AoE attack on each kill that refills your focus (and also can be boosted by sneak attack), allowing you to go invisible and backstab with soul annihilation again for another near guaranteed kill. It’s too bad you can’t get Engliero do Espirs until the very, very end of the game. Maybe something similar would work with the new DLC axe.

Do like a spell-damage oriented streetfighter/ascendant.

Also was considering a cc-focused ascendant/assassin, if crowd-control would become as good as in PoE1.

Streetfighter/Ascendant I usually take escape (unupgraded) + Strike the bell and upgrade as by two rogue abilities and all the nice things from cipher. Dual wield Scordeo's Edge and Xefa's as my main weapon with Kitchen stove as backup. 

Take extra weapons slots to dual wield lots of pistol+blunderbuss comboes. You get sick penetration with strike the bell+Xefa's. You don't have to reload firearms on weapon switch. works well for single target boss pressure to cycle through your firearms and also to gain focus fast to cast spells. Undead are annoying though as they seem not to "shatter" from bullets - bullet damage should really be crush/pierce in a realistic environment. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

Why Streetighter tho?

Tbh I played one my first playthrough and hated it. But I can def consider an Ascendant. Does a Trickster pair well with it?

On paper, ascendant is all about dealing as much weapon damage as possible in as short a time as possible, then going to town with spells. Streetfighter helps with both aspects, since you only need the blunderbuss modal to get the primary bonus of the subclass, which then gives a massive boost to both weapon damage and casting speed. Trickster clashes with ascendant since it lowers your weapon damage and any illusion spell with a significant casting or recovery time cuts into your focus generation further.

For the record, I hate both street fighter and ascendant. Both are overpowered in obnoxious, really gamy ways. But I don't try to make characters that are as strong as possible, I try to make strong characters that are thematically consistent.

Streetfighter/Ascendant  with Fire In the Hole and Hand Mortar (Blunderbuss modal synergy, both Weapons apply rogues on hit effects in AoE, AoE Sneak Attacks and procs Deathblows). Insta-cap on Cipher resourse = free spells almost instantly for the entirety of the mid game. Takes couple extra shots on max level. "Ascended" is +30% all damage, which has high up time in this build. If in group you can cast ancient memory on the entire team to refresh their class resources (Except yourself). About as OP as it gets.

Start with 1 Blunderbuss for accuracy, switch to two-weapon once you have stolen instinct. DoC Breastplate + Body attunement = enough armor to not aggro everything on you.

So much damage that on PotD(group) @ lvl 19-20, you don't have to pause or use abilities in 70% of the fights.

Mid game you can recast dominate on tough high level foes for free over and over until you turn the tide of the battle. 

Edited by Malkoy