Sun and Moon is good then having a Fighter/Skald with Clear Out. If you manage to hit 5 (paraylzed) enemies you'll generate 10 hit roll (several might crit). It usually gives me lots of phrases (I mean a lot for just 2 Discipline). With +10 ACC it would be even better of course. 

I tested it:

Sun & Moon: No matter the enchantments, the fire-head does work with the Ring (all attack rolls get +10 ACC), the frost head does not! That's nice somehow. ;)

Keeper of the Flame (flail) does not work with auto-attacks. However when the additional burn effects proc and roll (Magran's Wrath) they will get the bonus.

Sungrazer's fire procs (Extinction Event e.g.) do work, auto-attacks not. Extinctions Event also works with Ring of the Marksman by the way...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sun and Moon is good then having a Fighter/Skald with Clear Out. If you manage to hit 5 (paraylzed) enemies you'll generate 10 hit roll (several might crit). It usually gives me lots of phrases (I mean a lot for just 2 Discipline). With +10 ACC it would be even better of course. 

Yep, that's one of my plans ^^ . Debuffing reflex is a nice perk too, especially with Seven Nights and The Thunder Rolled.

• 3 years later...

Yes, they will stack. All "passive" abilities from items (I mean stuff that does not appear as active ability in your action bar) will stack with everything. And some other those actives will do so, too (but not all).
If the Paladin is using Exalted Endurance and Shining Bulwark then all party members in range will get +2 AR. The range is extremely short though! The base radius is only 2 meters. So the party members wanting to get protected by Defesive Beacon really have to cuddle with the wielder of Shining Bulwark.

Another drawback is that Defensive Beacon from Shining Bulwark only gets applied to allies but NOT the wielder (unlike Exalted Endurance that also works for the Paladin himself). So sombody else will have to carry that shield so that your Paladin may profit from the additional AR - and stay very close. *cuddle-cuddle* ;)

• Like 1

The main post doesn't mention potions directly. Are those treated like active buffs? For example the potions from druid's Nature's Bounty grant action speed, Might and Perception. With abilities that grant action speed like Frenzy, will it be ignored? Are the stat buffs from this additive with inspirations?

10 minutes ago, Viryu said:

The main post doesn't mention potions directly. Are those treated like active buffs? For example the potions from druid's Nature's Bounty grant action speed, Might and Perception. With abilities that grant action speed like Frenzy, will it be ignored? Are the stat buffs from this additive with inspirations?

potions are considered active effects, so won't generally stack, though there are some oddities (interrupt chance and hit->crit, graze->hit, miss->graze stack on independently)

in particular, druid's nature's bounty buffs won't stack with similar active effects. pretty redundant with frenzy (aside from perception). though you still get healing.

• Like 1

What about recovery bonuses from items? Helm of the Falcon for example with DoC Breastplate or Mob Stance ability.

Would Mob Stance's recovery time bonus conflict with anything if it's treated like an active? I haven't seen anything in the berserker/fighter's bundle which could I think.

Same for action speed, Aeagor's Swift Touch gloves with Bloodlust and Frenzy.

Is the effect with the higher value always overwritten? For example using Deadeye with high alchemy vs Paladin's acc aura?

Mouth Char with Barbaric Smash for damage, how does this combination interact with each other?

"Passives" from items will stack with everything.

Afaik Mob Stance stacks with everything, too (not 100% sure, haven't used it in combination with other active speed bonuses for some time). Maybe because of the special circumstances that are needed to unlock it.

Bloodlust is a passive, so it stacks with everything.

Active buffs that don't stack (Zealous Aura + Deadeye): yes, the higher bonus gets used, the lower one suppressed. 

4 hours ago, Viryu said:

Mouth Char with Barbaric Smash for damage, how does this combination interact with each other?

i suspect they don't stack, but it might be worth testing.

a complication with stacking rules is that sometimes the game doesn't consider very similar bonuses as being in the same stacking category. Example: ±x to all defenses vs ±x to deflection (or fortitude, reflex, will). even though the first buffs deflection directly, it will stack with the second because "All defenses" and "±x to deflection" are considered separate categories.

at the same time, a similar-looking case where things don't stack. Dagger modal gives you +deflection vs melee, whereas most illusion buffs gives you +deflection, and even though this looks likes a variant of the previous example of a specific buff vs a general buff, the dagger modal is more like "+deflection (but only available against melee weapons)", so it's considered the same category as other deflection bonuses and won't stack.

i suspect mouth char is "+% to damage (but only for weapons)" so won't stack with the self-damage boost barbaric smash/blow/etc gives you, but there's an outside chance that it's more like the former where it's more like "+% to weapon damage" vs "+% all damage"

that being said, some weapon abilities have innate damage bonuses (shown at the top of the tooltip, e.g. many rogue abilities) and those are innate/passive bonuses and will stack with active sources.

Edited by thelee

Yes, but in case of Barbaric Smash it's like with the other attack abilities which get a dmg bonus (several Rogue strikes, Fighter's Mule Kick and so on): the innate dmg bonuses of those attack abilites seem to always stack with everything.

• Like 2

Yeah they're technically ability properties and not buffs so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

The jankiest interactions are with flanking. Physically flanking stacks with everything. Flanking through perception afflictions and Phantom Foes does not stack with everything for deflection malus and -1 AR. But you can't just replace debuff-flanking with physical flanking, you have to un-flank them first, and then physically flank them.

This means that there is much (perhaps unintentional) nuance with flanking. For example, you want to physically flank your target, AND THEN use Confounding Blind, or else the deflection malus won't stack with the flanking from perception affliction.

Edited by NotDumbEnough
  • Like 2