KOTOR / KOTOR 2 is moddable after all

What We're REALLY Working On: Knights of the Old Republic: Ancient Empires

Well, my team really isn't exactly doing the Galaxy Forge Mod like everyone suspects. We are creating a new game called Knights fo the Old Republic: Ancient Empires. This game will feature new party members, characters, planets, items, force powers, classes, quests and sidequests. There will be about 12 planets in all when its completed and is based on the Galaxy Forge. I have built a temporary free webs site where some screenshots and summaries will be posted. Enjoy!!

Not that long, before kotor2 comes out indefinately. We will be realeasing the game in order of quests. Kotor Ancient empires (kotor:ae) is not only the game but one of the main quests as well and it is about 20% done with retextures and all, so kotor: ae wont take long to complete.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128519

Wow. New planets. Nice

The day I see the finished product, and in a condition that I would want to spend my precious time on it... then I'll believe it ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sounds like a 'The Darkest Day'-style mod; as in, quantity over quality.

I'll pass.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

this mod is going to be a quick job with no quality at all, i mean, come on. look, your gonna need:

Voice-overs

new Force Animations

Keep the same level of graphics as kotor

come up with a story for it

new sidequests

and your expecting to finish before kotor2? this is gonna blow man, maybe just make 1 planet that ahs nothing to do with the star forge and concentrate all your efforts on that one level.

Sounds like a 'The Darkest Day'-style mod; as in, quantity over quality.

I'll pass.

man, you really ARE terrible.

that sig... that avatar... my eyes are bleeding

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

man, you really ARE terrible.

that sig... that avatar... my eyes are bleeding

Nice sig, Ivan.

What can I say? I love the dance. B)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

this mod is going to be a quick job with no quality at all, i mean, come on. look, your gonna need:

Voice-overs

new Force Animations

Keep the same level of graphics as kotor

come up with a story for it

new sidequests

and your expecting to finish before kotor2? this is gonna blow man, maybe just make 1 planet that ahs nothing to do with the star forge and concentrate all your efforts on that one level.

There are going to be voice overs, I'm one of the voice actors.

The model format is already almost cracked, as in it's cracked, but we're still working on the compiler/decompiler.

I'd say it stands a good chance of being quite good....though I don't know if the release date will be as soon as Craftsman said. <_<

Well, the link to the mod is to a free web site where bandwidth has been exceeded. The "team" of modders hasn't cracked modeling, is making ridiculous claims for features and a finish date, the team members are contradicting each other in posts, and many of the "team members" are people who have no idea how to mod anything, but are eager to join this ambitious project.

I haven't seen so much as a screenshot of this uber-mod. I'll believe it when I see it.