With my NoSubMonk / Assassin i did crit very often. I saw that, because i mostly used stunning surge and i rarely did not get back the cost.

With my NoSubMonk / Devoted, it seems i crit way more less than with the Shadowdancer.

I don't understand fully why. Maybe because of the sneak attack bonus from assassin?

Assassinate will provide more critical hits on attacks from stealth than intuitive. 25% hit to crit is not the same as 25% accuracy. Hits can only account for 50% of your attack roll at most, so 25% hit to crit is only converting at most 12.5% of actual attacks to crits, while 25 accuracy, assuming you have at least 50% chance to hit already, actually gives you 25% chance to crit. What's more, accuracy stacks additively. 25 Accuracy plus 12 accuracy from dance of death means +37% chance to crit. But 25% hit-to-crit from intuitive + 20% hit to crit from single weapon style actually only makes for 40% hit to crit, or at most 20% of attack rolls converted to crits. So, while attacking from stealth, shadow dancer has a clear advantage.

But, for a brawler that's not messing around with stealth and invisibility and such, but just standing in the middle of a big group of enemies and punching them, you should get more critical hits over the course of a fight. You just don't have as much ability to dictate exactly when you crit.

Fighter and Rogue have the same starting accuracy - so no difference on that part.

Maybe gear is different? Or you debuffed more with Monk/Rogue than with Monk/Fighter before actually attacking with Stunning Surge?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Speaking of RNG: Sometimes I really have the impression the game is messing with my rolls in the early game. I roll so many sub-10s... I mean really a lot. And that's my impression in every started playthrough now. First I thought "man, the ACC/defense ratio must really suck at this poiunt" - but looking at the log it doesn't. I just roll 1 to 9 like all the time.  :getlost:  

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

OP was talking about stunning surge, I very much doubt he went invisible in between stunning surge attacks to get crits

He said "Maybe because of the sneak attack bonus from assassin", so I thought maybe that's what he's talking about.

Otherwise, there's no accounting for the random number god. It giveth and it taketh away.

OP was talking about stunning surge, I very much doubt he went invisible in between stunning surge attacks to get crits

He said "Maybe because of the sneak attack bonus from assassin", so I thought maybe that's what he's talking about.

Otherwise, there's no accounting for the random number god. It giveth and it taketh away.

Amen

Maybe Dirty Fight give you more than +10% hit -> crit ? Maybe you select Orlan race and take skill that give you +5% hit -> crit :D What weapon did you use for Devoted and what for Rogue ? 

Is everything same and only difference in class ? Devoted could give you +15 to acc (+5 from Perception buff and +10 from Stance)

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Maybe Dirty Fight give you more than +10% hit -> crit ? Maybe you select Orlan race and take skill that give you +5% hit -> crit :D What weapon did you use for Devoted and what for Rogue ? 

Is everything same and only difference in class ? Devoted could give you +15 to acc (+5 from Perception buff and +10 from Stance)

I use fists and Grave / Mins. I read that the devoted gets fist as prof. anyways.

With fists i get 86 ACC and with Sabres 84 ACC with Level 14. The gear is identically with monk / rogue, besides i don't have nemnok's cloak yet.

I use fists and Grave / Mins. I read that the devoted gets fist as prof. anyways.

With fists i get 86 ACC and with Sabres 84 ACC with Level 14. The gear is identically with monk / rogue, besides i don't have nemnok's cloak yet.

OK, then I suppose there only difference in kill speed :D As devoted you need to do at least x2 more hits to kill something, this cause x2 more hits :D Why ? Because game engine not 100% random, according this forum posts if you has 10% chance to miss you will miss each 10 hit, so if you have only 50%  chance to crit, then during Devoted fight you will do at least more 50% hits i.e you has +50% chance to lost your mortification :D

The same reason why during fight enemies with 1% chance to can crit you 1 - 2 times per fight, for low accuracy characters this system pretty good 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

OK, then I suppose there only difference in kill speed :D As devoted you need to do at least x2 more hits to kill something, this cause x2 more hits :D Why ? Because game engine not 100% random, according this forum posts if you has 10% chance to miss you will miss each 10 hit, so if you have only 50%  chance to crit, then during Devoted fight you will do at least more 50% hits i.e you has +50% chance to lost your mortification :D

The same reason why during fight enemies with 1% chance to can crit you 1 - 2 times per fight, for low accuracy characters this system pretty good 

That can't be. When you watch sin tee's swashbuckler on youtbue (devoted / streetfighter), he crit's very often.

Dragons without DD mod has only 50 DEFLECTION, it means with with Scordeo he hit more than 90% crit chance :D Check Nemnok fight, Nemnok the single boss with good deflection and sin teen run out of all rogue skills because can't crit often and trigger street-fighter bonus

Edited by mant2si

^ ^ ^ ^ 

This is the single reason why Deadfire bosses s*** Obsidian decided to make PotD more casual friendly and now all bosses has only 50+ deflection and any party can g**bang them :D Take for example Turisulfus from PoE I with 140 deflection ... or  second dragon which can hit 300 - 400 DM with Tail attack, that was really fun fight for any non paladin class

Edited by mant2si

^ ^ ^ ^

This is the single reason why Deadfire bosses s*** Obsidian decided to make PotD more casual friendly and now all bosses has only 50+ deflection and any party can g**bang them :D Take for example Turisulfus from PoE I with 140 deflection ... or second dragon which can hit 300 - 400 DM with Tail attack, that was really fun fight for any non paladin class

You also had much more significant buffs and debuffs in PoE1. But still yes bossfights still felt like bossfights in PoE1.