Architect of the Sith

"..And through passion you gain weakness." Well at least in the real world, and apparently in the Star Wars universe as well. I really can't think of any scenario where giving free reign to your passions would give you anything but a momentary advantage. Hence, its still pretty stupid.

Second this. For all the Sith talk about 'passion', they seem a pretty cold lot. Malak wasn't exactly overflowing with emotion most of the time.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

"..And through passion you gain weakness."  Well at least in the real world, and apparently in the Star Wars universe as well.  I really can't think of any scenario where giving free reign to your passions would give you anything but a momentary advantage.  Hence, its still pretty stupid.

Second this. For all the Sith talk about 'passion', they seem a pretty cold lot. Malak wasn't exactly overflowing with emotion most of the time.

The term passion as it pertains to the Sith is not an indication of warmth or even emotion. In fact, it is passions that is a means to fuel their hate. The terrorists that we are currently fighting against are ALL passion. They are not stupid. They have an utter lack of logic, and you could certainly say they are cowardly, but they are not stupid.

Stupid would be battling our troops face to face like a real army. They would be wiped out before they knew what hit them.

But you can be passionate about a great many things. In this regard, hate born of passion is not stupid, but pure.

The term passion as it pertains to the Sith is not an indication of warmth or even emotion.

Actually it is an indication of emotion. Just that this emotion always seems to be anger and/or hate.

And anger/hate/pride cloud judgement leading to less than sound decisions.

I think passion and emotion are oversimplifications of what actually happens with people.

President Bush basically announces that this is a holy war against Islam. The Jihad is a big deal in that religion. President Bush pushes us into a spot where we're being blamed for the ME's problems right now.

Passion? I'm sure, but to say ANY passion is devoid of reason is total nonsense. It has reason, just not reason we understand, not being passionate about whatever particular thing.

Excuse the political references. If you feel like arguing politics, I don't really give a crap. Go ejaculate propaganda elsewhere. Sure, feel free to say something in your own posts that involves politics, but that's not the subject of this message.

Where are the mod's on this forum, anyway?

Passion? I'm sure, but to say ANY passion is devoid of reason is total nonsense. It has reason, just not reason we understand, not being passionate about whatever particular thing.

Exactly. This is what I was trying to say, but nightcleaver articulated better than I did.

Passion is essential in Sith beliefs because through it, they gain strength. Often times, true evil comes through goodness. "And the stupidity of the good is unfathomable." Friedrick Nietzche.

Believing that what you are doing is virtuous often times leads to utter ruin.

Passion?  I'm sure, but to say ANY passion is devoid of reason is total nonsense.  It has reason, just not reason we understand, not being passionate about whatever particular thing.

Frankly, being passionate about something usually, though possibly not always, leads to tunnelvision, which blinds you about whats going around you.

As for virtue, this isn't really so. This has more to do with pride and self-righteousness. These are two negative emotions that frequently inflict those who believe they are good. If you temper your virtue with humility you're not going to run into problems, or at least run into far fewer problems.

Passion?  I'm sure, but to say ANY passion is devoid of reason is total nonsense.  It has reason, just not reason we understand, not being passionate about whatever particular thing.

Frankly, being passionate about something usually, though possibly not always, leads to tunnelvision, which blinds you about whats going around you.

As for virtue, this isn't really so. This has more to do with pride and self-righteousness. These are two negative emotions that frequently inflict those who believe they are good. If you temper your virtue with humility you're not going to run into problems, or at least run into far fewer problems.

Very true. But villainy wears many masks. None more dangerous than the mask of virtue.

Agreed. Just means you need to be careful.

Well, you saying I said that is about as good as me saying he basically announced it in the first place. I didn't mean that he was racist, or was doing this for religious purposes. He might not have known he did, but that's what he did. He phrased something like, "yes, this is the good christian west fighting terrorist muslims" in a way that sounded too close for comfort to... well... what that sounds like. That's a problem when your president (main representative and diplomat for the american people) can't speak english clearly. (that's not to say anything about his intelligence... I'm really not) I could understand it perfectly fine, even far leftist liberals (which I guess you could call me... though not really) could for the most part. In the sensitive position that we were at, that's what it meant.

I took a political allignment test once, it said I was a Libertarian, leaning towards the left; but for the most part Libertarian. I was satisfied with that assessment, I always have been of the opinion that the people should be the ones controlling the government, not vice versa. I also would rather have less taxes, and the people paying for more government services directly. B)